Boychuck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Boychuck

For a guy who's been much maligned i thought it was only fair to give him credit when he deserves it.  He was a beast last night, reminded me of last year.  If he rounds into form that would be a huge bonus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Boychuck

I thought Boychuck had a great game as well. In my opinion i think he has been playing better since the midway mark of the road trip.More physical and jumping into the play more often.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

He really was throwing around his body last night and I think was a big part of the win

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He handled Kampfer's minutes in the third well. I hope this game means he has turned a corner in his season....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

He was sure looking like the Boychuck of last year, I dont think he has been the same since his broken arm.  When him a looch play a phsical game like they did last night it sure makes things exciting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I know Boychuk's stock has dropped a lot with some in here.  But I like him.  To me he is a playoff guy.  May not play 82 solid games but when the real season starts he is a guy to watch.  I hope he keeps it going and makes it hard for him to be outta the line up.  We need him.  Long playoff runs you always need 7-8 reliable dmen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck:
    [QUOTE]You've got to appreciate how the majority of his devastating hits are clean as hell.  Hope to see it in the playoffs.
    Posted by BopGun9[/QUOTE]

I think this guy plays his best when he's paired with Z.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Agree his play has been much improved of late... his shot, however, has not come around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck : I think this guy plays his best when he's paired with Z.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Definitely better with Chara, as you say.  He was a beast last night and earned a well deserved #2 Star.  His check on Jones to the right of Thomas was so well timed and so powerful - reminded me of his open-ice hit on Ellis in the series v. Buffalo last year.  If he steps up, plays like this consistently, and makes this his time of year, we just got better again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Agree his play has been much improved of late... his shot, however, has not come around.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Oh, and the glass remains half empty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's the best I've seen Boychuck play in my recent memory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOuiRgUVwQo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O82ExbzS40&feature=related (I love how Komisarek goes after Chara ONLY when there's a ref to hold him back)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_VmcEKAaF4&feature=related

That's the Boychuk we all know and love.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Someone awoke the beast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]You've got to appreciate how the majority of his devastating hits are clean as hell.  Hope to see it in the playoffs.
    Posted by BopGun9[/QUOTE]
    I'd like to see at least one highlight reel hit from JB against PIT tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Agree w/ what everyone has said so far. I knew i wasnt the only one that noticed it. That hip check was classic and of coarse brutal as hell. It was maybe 30-40 sec's later , near our bench , he tried to smash right through an opposing player. Def. not the first time we've seen him play like this , but he was almost at his best last night. Also agreed that he plays better w/ Z , they look like they should being playing together. Except the PP obviously , Kab's has been great for us even though the unit could be playing better. Believe me i appreciate this team as is. I was pretty young but remember the 88' playoffs like it was yesterday. LOL It seems like forever since then and this is our best team since the early early 90's. But back to my point , 1-2 more players like Boychuck and think of how good we could be. Another power foward that can give us 20-25/20-30 and another solid D-man back there. When the p-offs come we cant depend solely 2-3 guys to put the puck in the net. Were going to need to elevate our play a little more to really do some damage. I love what Thomas is doing this year , hes healthy , confident and playing like this is his year. Id love to add another solid D , but def. think we can win w/ the unit as is. Guys like Horton and Ryder must step up for team to win the way its built.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Notice that Boychuck was out there with Chara for the 5 on 3 PK.

He and McQuaid are both getting better and better.  Fun to watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck : I think this guy plays his best when he's paired with Z.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Ron- every Bruin is better when paired with Z

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Give Boychuck his due. he played extremely well, aspecially on the 5 on 3. I was hoping he would be gone in a trade two weeks ago, but, somehow he is playing like  the end of last year. As mentioned, it may be he has finally overcome his arm injury, and is no longer being cautious. His slapper isn't necessary because he loses his positioning when he lowers his head, so play hard and keep the on goal wrister working, more control and easier to tip.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuck : Ron- every Bruin is better when paired with Z
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

True. I'm just saying that I think Z is the best pairing for him. And when he's playing like this, he's the best pairing for big Z. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I know Boychuk's stock has dropped a lot with some in here.  But I like him.  To me he is a playoff guy.  May not play 82 solid games but when the real season starts he is a guy to watch.  I hope he keeps it going and makes it hard for him to be outta the line up.  We need him.  Long playoff runs you always need 7-8 reliable dmen
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

What has he done to be labeled a playoff guy?  He's only been in 13 career playoff games.

He was huge vs. Tampa on Thursday.  Just a lot of fun to watch.  If he keep up that level of play, that intensity, that level of hitting, he'll be a lot more like Scott Stevens than Boris Valabik.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

He must have watched some Old Kyle Mclaren videos!

Sections
Shortcuts