Boychuck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Boychuck

I have been meaning to post this for a while now.  I have been concerned about Boychuck all season, particularly his offensive game.  Recently he seems to have found his shot.  Last nights goal I felt was more a product of Lucic, Recchi and whoever it was battling in the high slot then Boychuck himself ripping a nasty shot.  Still I think he has returned to top 4 form, engaging with the body more often as well.  I think currently the B's have 5 top 4 D-men.  The announcers last night were all over that and I have to agree.  The B's last night played the way this team has been constructed to play.  Let's hope we can continue to play this way in the playoffs.  Certainly playing against a tired team last night made it easier to dictate the play.  It will get tougher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Boychuck

It is possible he may have overachieved last year and playing with Chara always makes one look good. He is not consistently physical nor can he be relied upon for points due to his inability to control his shot.

If he can put it all together he can be a solid contributor but it is likely we may have had too high of expectations for him based on his solid half-year in 2009-10...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I am okay with zero points if he can keep taking his shot and getting it on net.  Earlier in the year he was reminding me of, Milan Jurcina.  The physical part is important too, but not as critical as the net front scrums solid low point shots create.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

As long as he is physical and sound defensively I don't mind the low offensive output. That shot was beautiful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually Jurcina is a pretty good comparison. I would argue, though, that Boychuk can be more aggressive. If he can only find consistency in his game.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuck:
    [QUOTE]Actually Jurcina is a pretty good comparison. I would argue, though, that Boychuk can be more aggressive. If he can only find consistency in his game.... 
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if Jurcina has yet to record a shot on goal.  Beautiful and powerful shot, but jeepers it was like he was shooting with his eyes closed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hehehe...he always had trouble hitting the net. Chara was supposed to mentor him but it obviously did not go well....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

My problem with Boychuck is his decision making. Far too often he blasts the puck so that it ends up as icing. Also think that both Boychuck and Chara should adjust their power, so that more tip-ins could occur, and fewer bruises on Bruins forwards like Lucic when Chara's blast clipped his knees. Kaberle has a good tippable shot, and less power could lead to better control and on-net results.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

When he first got icetime on the B's I remember Jurcina's first 2 shots were goals. His next four all sent someone gimping off the ice immediately!

I was like someone check if this guys juicing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Perhaps that was the reason why PC unloaded him, he was more dangerous to his teammates than to the opponent...hehe

Sections
Shortcuts