Boychuk a -3?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Boychuk a -3?

What the hell happened to him? He only played 16 minutes too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Boychuk a -3?

In Response to Boychuk a -3?:
    What the hell happened to him? He only played 16 minutes too.
    Posted by jmwalters

if seguin was the best last night then boychuk was the worst. goal number 1 he lost track of his guy(hall). second goal he got beat inside position by st louis tipped in to the net off of him. 4th goal he had good position on stamkos but stamkos manages to pick top corner blocker side,all the while though boychuck legs. so he more or less screened thomas on the 4th goal for tampa. usually that shot is blocked but what are u going do that kid is good. horrible night for manchuck, he is one of those players were u can tell what kind of night he is going have by the first couple of shifts. if he is not involved forget it jim.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I remember how solid he was in last year's playoffs alongside Chara. I guess the question becomes has his game slipped that much or does Chara make his partners look that good?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

JM, I expect McQuaid and Boychuk to have bad games they are both young and panic a bit in and around the net. Adam trying to make that save last night almost took Thomas's head off. He was fighting to help TT but sometimes, with Johnny, scrambling a bit with Tampa's quick forwards.

Imagine what would have happened in the Flyers and Canadiens series if the mid season Johnny B showed up ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah, no kidding SanDog. I like Boychuk but he really seemed to take a step backward this year, maybe it was due to the pressure to perform after signing his first real contract or maybe he simply overachieved last year.

With McQuaid, he has certainly exceeeded my expectations and it seems CJ is now more comfortable using him in more important situations. Kudos to him. I really thought he would be nothing more than a 12 minute a game fighter typewith no real upside. He proved me wrong.

Both need to tighten up in this series, howeve,r as there really are no alternatives to them. I do not consider Shane "I just sat all year and can barely play 4 minutes a game" Hnidy to be a real option at this point....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sophomore slump in the regular season - remember, coming into this year, he'd played a whopping 56 NHL games (not counting playoffs).  I think that's SanDog's point.  McQuaid's still a rook.  Notoriously conservative, veteran's-friend coach Claude Julien dressed three rookies for a vital playoff game.  Go figure.

Boychuk has played much better in the playoffs, and last night was rough in large part because of bounces.  Yeah, he couldn't block the lane to St. Louis on the second goal, but he did force MSL wide of the post and too deep for much of a shot - he was just the victim of a bad bounce.  The Hall goal, he didn't react to the changed puck trajectory quickly enough.  Not quite the same problem as the T-Bag D getting dominated down low for long stretches.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah, it could be the bad luck factor. I just wish that instead of fishing for the puck he just knock his man down on his a**....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm sure most like Boychuck because he is a hard-nosed player. IMO his problems stemm from poor decisions, and poor habits. His rimming the puck sometimes causes an up and out penalty, or it just gives away the puck; his big hits get the crowd into the game, but he also takes himself way out of position to be effective. His decisions on passes are simply not smart; pairing him with Ference is the best that Houda can do; and last, but not least, if he would wrist it, he would be on net far more often than a blast to nowhere. We might also consider that he needs better coaching. With Rammer gane, Johnny's mistakes are more frequent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

He was pretty terrible for the first two goals. Where is the KPD flame piece?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boychuk was easily the worst Bruin on the ice not wearing #22.

It reminded me of the Montreal series when he'd pay much more attention to the puck than the guy he should be watching. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuk a -3?:
    Boychuk was easily the worst Bruin on the ice not wearing #22. It reminded me of the Montreal series when he'd pay much more attention to the puck than the guy he should be watching. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ference made a few poor decisions too but I'm willing to cut him and Boychuk a little slack since they've both done a good job of elevating their games in the post-season(for the most part). Now that I think of it, Seidenberg had a tough night too but each of these guys has taken a turn as Boston's 2nd best D-man at some point in these play-offs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seid 31:25 mins, way overplayed, many a brutal giveaway and missed plays.

Yet, he stepped up on O, had a PP assist with another beaut on Krej goal and was a +2.

TT was awesome and also brutal, they don't win without his covering for all the D mistakes(4 breakaways-no goals) but he had to be better on Hall, Lecav and Stamk goals(yes screens on 2 but should have had).

Boyc had a bad break on St.L goal, Stam(He could have stopped him before the line) and Hall (needed to take the man) goals, TT could have bailed him out but he ends a -3.

Please noone say Rask, no way we win that game with him in.  TT was better than good, but we need him even better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's clear the D has been told to skate when the opportunity to skate with the puck is there.  Chara should be pulled aside and told the limits of that strategy because every time he goes for a stroll, the other team buries it.  Every time.  When he "took off" (like a Hercules takes off) with a guy right on his tail, I said to the people I was watching the game with that this would surely end up in the Boston net.  And it did.  I mean, I'm not Stanley, but it did.  I find that harder to forgive than the weird bounces that victimized a puck-watching Boychuk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think the more physical guys on our team are struggling because CJ is telling them to hold back so as not to take penalties... this team is at a huge disadvantage when it is not 5-on-5.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

He still manages to keep the opposing players heads up for fear of getting hammered -- a fly under the radar bonus. I will sacrifice that for a few mistakes any day. ALSO -- he consistantly pinches in when the puck is in the offensive zone -- keeping the play alive time after time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In game#1 Ference, Kaberle, and Seidenberg were awful and cost the Bruins goals. Tuesday night it was Boychuk who stunk up the joint. Aside from Chara, there is nothing special about this group of defenders and playing "prevent defense" with these guys is not going to work. We were lucky to hang on in game #2 and the best approach is to keep the puck in the TB end with great forechecking and constant offensive pressure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In game#1 Ference, Kaberle, and Seidenberg were awful and cost the Bruins goals. Tuesday night it was Boychuk who stunk up the joint. Aside from Chara, there is nothing special about this group of defenders and playing "prevent defense" with these guys is not going to work. We were lucky to hang on in game #2 and the best approach is to keep the puck in the TB end with great forechecking and constant offensive pressure.
    Posted by trouts

Head back to the sox board you clearly know nothing about hockey. Bandwagoner.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuk a -3? : Head back to the sox board you clearly know nothing about hockey. Bandwagoner.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Hey, I played hockey in high school and college and have as much right to my opinions as you do. Calling people, who have a different opinion than you, names is the mark of a real jerk!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No fighting on my thread please.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

He's been a beast in the playoffs so far and one of the guys who shows up every night.  Game 2 was by far his worst outing but I'd expect him to make up for it tonight!!!  Look for some more highlight reel checks from him tonight!!

Sections
Shortcuts