Boychuk for Kulikov ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Boychuk for Kulikov ??

Would you do this move ??

I would....Kulikov still very young could develop into a super D with the Bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Boychuk for Kulikov ??

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i would. florida wouldn't. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

after this game i might have to rethink it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Good idea

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Boychuk was a monster tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

get Tom Gilbert for a pick or prospect instead....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its games like tonight that reminds me why i like boychuk, he never quits or gives in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Rethinking everything you've thought about Boychuk would be a good idea. 

Your dislike for the player has been well documented.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I can see Boychuck having a monster playoffs this year as the anchor for the 3/4 pairing and wouldn't mind seeing the Bs lock him up now. Give him $4mil x 4 years matching Seidenberg's contract, then you get your top 3 signed through 2017-2018.

Chara/Hamilton, Boychuck/Bart, McQuaid/Krug with Miller on standby work just fine for me this year. Why go get a rental when you can use your $$ on locking up the core guys?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No.  Not saying a trade for Kulikov is bad, but a D for D would put them in about the same situation they are now.  And Boychuck is good.  They need to ADD a D, not swap them.  I want Miller as #8 on a healthy Bruins team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Kulikov has more potential and perhaps a higher ceiling.  But Boychuk has proven to be very reliable and is now often playing the role of a top-pairing D-man.  Do we know that Kulikov is that reliable?  I think a lot of better skilled defensemen might struggle to be as well-rounded and consistent as Boychuk has been.  He's proven it in the playoffs too.  Nothing to sneeze at.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Boychuk was a monster tonight.

David Booth has icebags all over himself right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I rethink it every now and again when he pulls out a phenomenal game like that. There is no question that the best of boychuk is very very good. my concern is the worst can be a liability. If he can continue playing like he has the last 6-8 games or so, I'll be eating crow. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's often easy to criticize Boychuck for his "dumb" decisions, but his agressive play offsets most of the bad. My concern is Krug who has good offensive performances, most of the time, but is often overwhelmed on defense. There was also improvements in Eriksson's game last night as his control of the puck, and solid passing was noticeable in helping the third line . As a final comment on Boychuck, his pairing with Bartkowski is good for balance, but the pairing with Krug, two games ago, was almost a disaster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I can see Boychuck having a monster playoffs this year as the anchor for the 3/4 pairing and wouldn't mind seeing the Bs lock him up now. Give him $4mil x 4 years matching Seidenberg's contract, then you get your top 3 signed through 2017-2018.

Chara/Hamilton, Boychuck/Bart, McQuaid/Krug with Miller on standby work just fine for me this year. Why go get a rental when you can use your $$ on locking up the core guys?

I'm on record as being a Boychuk fan, i like his durability,compete level,physical play,canon from the point, and aggressiveness on the attack.I realize he makes ill advised pinches now and again and brain cramps,but what d-man doesn't.Johnny plays with a personality that makes the B's what they are and i would love to see the Bruins give him a 3 or 4 yr deal, he knows the system and you aren't likely to find a comparable on the open market that plays like Boychuk,he likes it in Boston so maybe he will come to terms on a reasonable deal ala the German tank.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Over the years I have been critical of Boychuk's skating and coverage.  Stop! I thought he should be traded even after the Cup victory. Stop! Kulikov would be a nice player in a couple years. Stop!  

Think youth for youth, and the deal could be made.  I am sure Bs management will look to acquiring a defenseman to make a Cup run.  Trading Boychuk would not be the answer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zinga_zinga. Show Zinga_zinga's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

I'm on record as being a Boychuk fan, i like his durability,compete level,physical play,canon from the point, and aggressiveness on the attack.I realize he makes ill advised pinches now and again and brain cramps,but what d-man doesn't.Johnny plays with a personality that makes the B's what they are and i would love to see the Bruins give him a 3 or 4 yr deal, he knows the system and you aren't likely to find a comparable on the open market that plays like Boychuk,he likes it in Boston so maybe he will come to terms on a reasonable deal ala the German tank.

100% agree

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Did I miss a presser where Chiarelli said the Bruins were going into a rebuild?  Must have.

Kulikov is a 14th overall pick who already has 5 years of NHL experience and who has had a couple of 25+ point seasons.  The flip side of that is that I can't say he looks like a better player now than he did his rookie year when he went straight from Drummondville to Florida.  He's a "prospect" still, and he may yet come to look like what you hope for from a 14th overall pick, but he ain't there yet and what he is now is not as good as Johnny Boychuk.  Some days, I would say it's a yawning gap.

Boychuk is 30 now and doesn't score like the player the Bruins had in Providence as the D of the year.  He spent years honing his game (2004-2009) in the AHL to get to that point.  Despite being 7 years older, he's only got 10 more games of NHL experience than Kulikov.  Oh, sorry - 10 more regular season games.  Add another 60 additional playoff games and two Stanley Cup runs.  That gap in playoff games will get wider come April.  Boychuk is 20 lbs heavier, stronger, and aside from the brain freeze factor, he's been a very solid defenseman for a few years now starting with his credible performance as Chara's partner.  This year, he's +24.  That makes him far and away the best +/- D on the Bruins: +13 better than Chara and +8 better than the second best rating - Bartkowski.  Only D with more hits than JB Chara, but JB has blocked nearly 30 more shots than Chara.  All this and the fact that the guy is a strange mix of brick and whatever Gumby is made out of because he's taken some nasty shots over the years and it hasn't phased him.

If Chiarelli made him available to the highest bidder, he'd get offers equal to or better than what the Rangers will see for Girardi.  He's a veteran, playoff tested D whose scoring numbers actually go up on a per game basis in the playoffs.  In other words, someone would outbid an offer of Kulikov to add JB for the playoffs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I rethink it every now and again when he pulls out a phenomenal game like that. There is no question that the best of boychuk is very very good. my concern is the worst can be a liability. If he can continue playing like he has the last 6-8 games or so, I'll be eating crow. 

Name 5 current defenseman of whom this is not true.  I would argue that it's true of the last few Norris winners.  I don't know if I could say it's true of Weber, and I can't think of a good example of Suter proving it true, but it's true of Chara (cue the Lurch crowd), Doughty ("I think I'll go get my stick and let Kopitar defend Marchand"), Subban, Karlsson....

Talking about Boychuk's extremes is a little pointless.  Last night, he looked like the guy who could step up and fill in as the #1 D while Chara is out - maybe not forever, but for a week, a month who knows?  That's not who he is every day.  He's also not the guy who Wideman's a pass then gets lost trying to recover and lets his man score.  Generally, between these extremes, he's a steady, heavy, hard-shooting D who understands his role and is comfortable in it.  Huge value in today's game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

get Tom Gilbert for a pick or prospect instead....

Tom Gilbert is horrific.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Name 5 current defenseman of whom this is not true.  I would argue that it's true of the last few Norris winners.  I don't know if I could say it's true of Weber, and I can't think of a good example of Suter proving it true, but it's true of Chara (cue the Lurch crowd), Doughty ("I think I'll go get my stick and let Kopitar defend Marchand"), Subban, Karlsson....

Talking about Boychuk's extremes is a little pointless.  Last night, he looked like the guy who could step up and fill in as the #1 D while Chara is out - maybe not forever, but for a week, a month who knows?  That's not who he is every day.  He's also not the guy who Wideman's a pass then gets lost trying to recover and lets his man score.  Generally, between these extremes, he's a steady, heavy, hard-shooting D who understands his role and is comfortable in it.  Huge value in today's game. 

in the past, i have seen a little too much of phaneuf's bad qualities in his game. leaving his lane to throw the big hit that probably isn't a good idea. taking a chance in throwing a puck somewhere hoping it will work out. last night he had it going. he's had it going for a bit now, let's hope it keeps up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

in the past, i have seen a little too much of phaneuf's bad qualities in his game. leaving his lane to throw the big hit that probably isn't a good idea. taking a chance in throwing a puck somewhere hoping it will work out. last night he had it going. he's had it going for a bit now, let's hope it keeps up. 

I know he has bad qualities, glad the B's have Boychuk and not Celine.

Sections
Shortcuts