Boychuk hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Boychuk hit

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Routine boarding.  Looked like the injury came from being all twisted up, then getting compressed by the hit.  The way he was shaking while on his knees and knuckles was not encouraging.

He must be happy he was wearing a visor.  His face would have been seriously messed up from that collision without it.

[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing to my wife when watching the game last night. That could have been a lot worse.  Hope he's healthy soon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm guessing ribs but also a burner and/or back spasms.  That's about the combination that makes the most sense to me given how they handled this - hospital to make sure he didn't have a punctured lung (ribs give you the same shortness of breath), back board and stretcher because the numbness of a burner after a hit like that can make you nervous about the neck and back, and the trembling from the spasms.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont see a speat either, the right hand pushes out. Theres no intent at all and JB flying back to boston is a good sign altho im sure hes out a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Boychuk was in good enough spirits that he was joking he didn’t get any “complimentary poutine” in his brief hospital stay in Montreal."

That's hilarious

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Boychuk was in good enough spirits that he was joking he didn’t get any “complimentary poutine” in his brief hospital stay in Montreal."

That's hilarious

[/QUOTE]

Ive been told by a friend who used to work at the garden for a while he's an extremely funny and personable guy. He said he was easily the friendliest guy on the team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Annoyed that the team did not go after Pacioretty. These Julien teams are always slow to respond and I don't know why.  It's annoying.

When Cooke needed to be decapitated, the slow and weak response to that was lame.

Pacioretty is gutless, as we know.   He faked his recovery time on that clean Chara hit a couple of years ago to create more drama and sympathy.

He lines up Boychuk from behind and shoves him into the boards and somehow that's a clean play?

It wasn't clean play and thats why he got a penalty. I'm just not sure if it was dirty, or intent to injure. I think it's more of trying to get body position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

JB leaves on a stretcher and the culprit scores the winning goal? that's the problem I have with the whole thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JB leaves on a stretcher and the culprit scores the winning goal? that's the problem I have with the whole thing.

[/QUOTE]

That does stink, I totaly agree there. With the Boychuk hit, I asked myself what if it was the other way around. Would it be a dirty hit by Boychuk? Again, I dont think so. If that contact occurred a foot closer to the boards, nothing happens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That does stink, I totaly agree there. With the Boychuk hit, I asked myself what if it was the other way around. Would it be a dirty hit by Boychuk? Again, I dont think so. If that contact occurred a foot closer to the boards, nothing happens.

[/QUOTE]

Thats the way i looked at it too, and if that was the case i think it is a routine hockey hit with a bad result. I have seen McQuaid,Boychuk,Chara, Seidenberg deliver hits along the same lines and thought nothing of it, unfortunate Johnny got hurt and am thankful it wasn't worse. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VlCK. Show VlCK's posts

[QUOTE]

Annoyed that the team did not go after Pacioretty. These Julien teams are always slow to respond and I don't know why.  It's annoying.

When Cooke needed to be decapitated, the slow and weak response to that was lame.

Pacioretty is gutless, as we know.   He faked his recovery time on that clean Chara hit a couple of years ago to create more drama and sympathy.

He lines up Boychuk from behind and shoves him into the boards and somehow that's a clean play?

Sounds like a Habs fan, did you call 911?

I broke ribs five moths ago, it sucked but I'm pretty much all better now except when I sleep on my side and sneez :)

I'm sure he will be fine. I was more pissed with the way the Bs played in the 2nd. Can't win them all. Just hate them losing to the Habs!

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok no one sees the play as I do so I guess I am full of caca, yet I definitely see the butt of Paciorety's stick in the side of Boychuk.  It may not have been a vicious butt ending but it certainly was used as leverage to board Boychuk.  Double minor? Was the hit intentional to injure Boychuk probably not, it was a dirty play in my mind nonetheless.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/12/johnny-boychuk-suffered-lower-back-injury-bruins-will-have-more-details-after-mri/

@NHLBruins

"Johnny Boychuk getting an MRI today on his lower back, per Julien. Said he'll probably have more details tomorrow ^CS"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It was a reckless hit, as hockey leagues at every level has been howling about not hitting someone from behind when the numbers are the point of contact. This isnt news.

I wouldnt call it overly dirty or intent to injure, but it was clearly boarding and dangerous.

I guess Im wondering why the penalty wasnt upped to a major because of the injury. Boarding minor originally, but it seems that one would be a 5.  Not uncommon to see a minor changed to a 5 when injury results.

Bruins must have thought it wasnt too bad, there was zero response. Did Julien comment?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a reckless hit, as hockey leagues at every level has been howling about not hitting someone from behind when the numbers are the point of contact. This isnt news.

I wouldnt call it overly dirty or intent to injure, but it was clearly boarding and dangerous.

I guess Im wondering why the penalty wasnt upped to a major because of the injury. Boarding minor originally, but it seems that one would be a 5.  Not uncommon to see a minor changed to a 5 when injury results.

Bruins must have thought it wasnt too bad, there was zero response. Did Julien comment?

[/QUOTE]

Julien quote:

"For me it was two minutes, that's all. It was a check a bit from behind. It was the way he went into the boards."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/bruins/2013/12/05/johnny-boychuk-stretcher-max-pacioretty/3885713/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.  Let me say, I can't stand Pacioretty.  I would love to see the Bruins hammer him in any game.  But when I watch that hit, it doesn't fall very far into the dirty category for me.  I could easily see Boychuk making the same hit.  They were both trying to get body position, and Boychuk got inside.  Patches should have let up instead hitting Boychuk from the side and back while facing the boards, but that can be a tough adjustment to make so fast.

Hated watching Patches usual smirking and laughing, and then scoring the game winner.  Wish someone lined him up.  But in response to that hit, I wouldn't want to see the Bruins scrap the game plan and take dumb penalties in a close, important game.

I'm all for bullying Patches next game and taking a run at him when you can.  Nothing dirty though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Exactly right.  Let me say, I can't stand Pacioretty.  I would love to see the Bruins hammer him in any game.  But when I watch that hit, it doesn't fall very far into the dirty category for me.  I could easily see Boychuk making the same hit.  They were both trying to get body position, and Boychuk got inside.  Patches should have let up instead hitting Boychuk from the side and back while facing the boards, but that can be a tough adjustment to make so fast.

Hated watching Patches usual smirking and laughing, and then scoring the game winner.  Wish someone lined him up.  But in response to that hit, I wouldn't want to see the Bruins scrap the game plan and take dumb penalties in a close, important game.

I'm all for bullying Patches next game and taking a run at him when you can.  Nothing dirty though.

[/QUOTE]

Ya know I don't put Max in the same catorgory as a Maxiene Lapuke, but does anyone else just wanna go thru the TV and smack the kief out of Patches when he grins, or smirks? I think he's a fine hockey player, but just something about that big nose & smile of his that just makes me vibrate when I see it! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[/QUOTE]

Julien quote:

"For me it was two minutes, that's all. It was a check a bit from behind. It was the way he went into the boards."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/bruins/2013/12/05/johnny-boychuk-stretcher-max-pacioretty/3885713/

I see quite a difference here in Julian's approach/interpretation and lack of lobbying for suspension vs the Habs and their fans approach in the Pac incident with Chara . Both were hockey plays gone bad. Its an illustration of one of the reasons I love this team, they have HONOR.

Most Bs fans have the same interpretation as Julien, thankfully but there are too many that do sound like Hab fans with their interpretation. Other than these few, who I suspect haven't experienced the speed of the game first hand, understand that this exact play, up to the micro second before contact, happens all the time with no injury, Boychuk is the unlucky exception.

Get well JB, you're a brave playoff warrior who we need well for us to be at our best, and more importantly I hope your quality of life isn't compromised.

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Julien teams are slow to respond, unless you ignore all of the times they have responded instantly. Take a look this season at McQuaid taking on Scott as an example.  There are tons other.  As usual, you're just making stuff up here.

Has anyone stated that the hit was clean?

Nope.

Beat it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I am talking about dealing wth the business at some point in the game, so it doesn't carry over. Handy.

[/QUOTE]

Plenty of B's react instantly when needed.  I'm not sure Julien's gameplan makes them slow to respond.  Campbell, McQuaid, Chara... All Bruins.  All examples.

Everyone here, members of the media, Boychuk himself say it's a two minute penalty.  You seek revenge.  From your island, you seek revenge.

Learn the game and then come back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

DeadAHead, give it a rest. Pach got called on the play. I didnt think it was as bad as it ended up turning out to be. It just happened to catch Boychuk off gaurd. Almost as if Boychuk caught an edge. I see that sort of play hundreds of times a week, some guys get hurt, some dont. I dont think Pach was intending to hurt Boychuk and he tried to get him from the side. $ hit happens and game is fast. Just unfortunate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Isn't this just a case of the hitter getting hit.  I've watched many hits by boychuk that bordered on "intent to injure".  For that matter, it's very peculiar that Lucic isn't called for more "intent to injure" hits.  Problem is the refs can't control the game and then, the inmates (thornton) start running the game and making their own rules. 

Maybe NHL will wake up one day, but revenge is taking the NHL right down to roller derby status as a sport.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts