Boychuk hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Boychuk hit

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I know the game plenty.  Anyone boarded like that should be beaten down.  You're a wussy girl, so of course you disagree.

Instead, Thornton does a goofy square dance with Prust. Whopdee doo.

Of course it's a penalty, dumbo.  What a moron.

Oh no no no.

Let's remember that you've stated that Julien's team has been slow to react.  Remember when Chara took down Emelin?  Immediate.  McQuaid on Scott?  Immediate.  Ference on many guys?  Immediate. 

Are you still stuck on the Savard episode?  Everyone agrees that Cooke should have been destroyed that night.  Let's remember that the night in question was years ago.  Do you have any other examples of Julien's team being slow to react?

Of course you don't.  You haven't lived in New England for a very long time and you don't have Center Ice.   Your opinion is based on the few national games you happen to watch.

But, again, let's discuss this.  I'm game.  I've given examples off the top of my head of times when the B's reacted instantly.  Let's see some of your examples of them being slow to react.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Let me reiterate, I really don't think the hit was intentional.  I do think it is a hockey play along the boards.  Yet, it was dirty and the call should have been a double minor.  If it was reversed, I do believe it would have been a five minute call.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lots of words.  Nothing relevant.

Give us examples of the B's being slow to react.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why is this such a big deal for you anyway?

Because I'm so sick of today's views of common plays.  Yeah, it was boarding.  It wasn't high speed or brutal.  It was poor decision making and it ended badly.  It wasn't Downie on McAmmond or Chris Simon on (fill in your favorite Chris Simon victim).  It was a penalty and he was called for it. 

Every time a play is questionable, the media blows up with "Shanaban?"  and "suspension worthy?" blogs and posts.

It's hockey.  It's fast.  It's violent.  Stuff happens.  There are bad plays that have bad intent that end badly.  Then there are the rest of them. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Rumor has it that the Boston police have a warrant out for Pacioretty's arrest.

BPD working with Montreal police to serve the papers since they're so familiar with such nonsense!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I know the game plenty.  Anyone boarded like that should be beaten down.  You're a wussy girl, so of course you disagree.

Instead, Thornton does a goofy square dance with Prust. Whopdee doo.

Of course it's a penalty, dumbo.  What a moron.

Oh no no no.

Let's remember that you've stated that Julien's team has been slow to react.  Remember when Chara took down Emelin?  Immediate.  McQuaid on Scott?  Immediate.  Ference on many guys?  Immediate. 

Are you still stuck on the Savard episode?  Everyone agrees that Cooke should have been destroyed that night.  Let's remember that the night in question was years ago.  Do you have any other examples of Julien's team being slow to react?

Of course you don't.  You haven't lived in New England for a very long time and you don't have Center Ice.   Your opinion is based on the few national games you happen to watch.

But, again, let's discuss this.  I'm game.  I've given examples off the top of my head of times when the B's reacted instantly.  Let's see some of your examples of them being slow to react.

It wasn't a national game last night at all.

I do have Center Ice and have had MLB Extra Innings for years. The only package I dropped was NFL Ticket because of where I live and the condo building not allowing dishes, but I see all the Pats games in this market with ease anyway.

This particular hit was worthy enough for someone, Thornton, Lucic, whoever, to go and challenge that puuke Pacioretty.

Period. There is nothing to discuss.  You seem to think the hit was not dangerous or reckless and I, along with some others, do.

You also don't think it's worthy of it being addressed just because it wasn't some elbow or hit to the head and in the ultra dirty category.

Montreal is INFAMOUS for being sneaky dirty. It's been like this for decades.  They basically train their players to do it.

I played hockey long enough to not ride someone into the boards like Jones did on Bergeron back in 2007 or board someone who is exposed. It's the basic code of the game. 

If you knew the game, you would know this, tard.

Usually, they do react when it's a blatant dirty hit, but they seem to be too conservative on hits like this.  

Why is this such a big deal for you anyway?  It's clear you're doing this because you're a known tool and take the 180 degree opposite stance on everything from me.  It's why you're known as a troll on the Pats board. And, you're not fooling anyone here, Handy.

You love Jacobs and are a homer deluxe, which is the most annoying kind of fan.

Wouldn't waste your time with him he knows all and sees all.he might be god,just bow down.Lol

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Wouldnt be surprised if he cracked a vertebrae after watching that.

If so he may never be back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Deadahead- I'm certainly not one of nas' s allies however You can't venge that hit. The old days are gone. Now if u wish to go after Pac to show u can't  touch any of our players even if your intentions are ok well that's another story.  If u going to do that then u dont need a boarding incident to justify that reaction .

I did notice that although Thornton got the sight edge on the fight its as if he really didn't want to fight.  He seemed tired I think Stanley is right

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kitchener, I forgot you were one to be honest about NAS's turdlike beahvior here with him thinking he runs the board.

And I'm still waiting for examples of Julien's team being slow to respond.

This is typical of you, Rusty.  You get busted and then quickly try to make the post about the poster instead of admitting that your drivel is drivel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I think punctured lung and broken ribs

[/QUOTE]

Calling Dr. Howard .....Dr. Fine.......Dr. Howard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Calling Dr. Howard .....Dr. Fine.......Dr. Howard.

Yah.  I deserved that.  I'm not an MD, but I act like one on these forums.

It was a a basic 2 minute boarding penalty that went bad.  These things happen.

DeadAhead.  There's a lot I can say about NAS, he is ignorant and arrogant and wrong about a lot of things (like Obamacare), but he's right about this.  And NAS does know his hockey and he does know what he's talking about.  You on the other hand, you know enough to be dangerous - and the problem is that you don't realize it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

Kitchener, I forgot you were one to be honest about NAS's turdlike beahvior here with him thinking he runs the board.

I'm kind of in the middle with the hit,thought it was a little cheep,but have seen worse with no penalty at all,but people see it differently,thats fine doesn't mean anyone is wrong,its there opinion,instead of this constant,your a moron,you don't know nothing about hockey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

At the risk of sounding condescending, I am inclined to think that people who are up in arms over this hit didn't play much hockey themselves.

I remember making this hit a bunch of times, and then wanting to immediately apologize (if I wasn't being mauled by his teammates).  If you try to take the body and hit a lot, these things are bound to happen sometimes.  

Kind of a 50/50 battle into the corner, you try to get inside position and instinctively lower your shoulder.  The other guy gets in there faster and goes for the puck instead of the hit.  You're too slow to let up.  Next thing you know you've hurt someone.  It stinks.  And for the record, I suffered a broken collar bone in college from being boarded from behind.

It just was that bad of a hit.  And I hate Patches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

At the risk of sounding condescending, I am inclined to think that people who are up in arms over this hit didn't play much hockey themselves.

I remember making this hit a bunch of times, and then wanting to immediately apologize (if I wasn't being mauled by his teammates).  If you try to take the body and hit a lot, these things are bound to happen sometimes.  

Kind of a 50/50 battle into the corner, you try to get inside position and instinctively lower your shoulder.  The other guy gets in there faster and goes for the puck instead of the hit.  You're too slow to let up.  Next thing you know you've hurt someone.  It stinks.  And for the record, I suffered a broken collar bone in college from being boarded from behind.

It just was that bad of a hit.  And I hate Patches.

Yes, 2 incidents and a separated shoulder each time for me due to mischief near the boards, wasn't even hit that hard either time, but just the right nudge at the right moment when you're a little off balance or in an awkward position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Boychuk back spasms there saying either 6 or 7 games or days not sure which,so doesn't sound to serious,but never know with back spasms can linger on,but definetly sounds encouraging

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Boychuk back spasms there saying either 6 or 7 games or days not sure which,so doesn't sound to serious,but never know with back spasms can linger on,but definetly sounds encouraging

Check that: (back strain)

3 to 7 days ~ not games / GREAT NEWS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Right on, that was a bit scary! A week is nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Exactly right.  Let me say, I can't stand Pacioretty.  I would love to see the Bruins hammer him in any game.  But when I watch that hit, it doesn't fall very far into the dirty category for me.  I could easily see Boychuk making the same hit.  They were both trying to get body position, and Boychuk got inside.  Patches should have let up instead hitting Boychuk from the side and back while facing the boards, but that can be a tough adjustment to make so fast.

Hated watching Patches usual smirking and laughing, and then scoring the game winner.  Wish someone lined him up.  But in response to that hit, I wouldn't want to see the Bruins scrap the game plan and take dumb penalties in a close, important game.

I'm all for bullying Patches next game and taking a run at him when you can.  Nothing dirty though.

Ya know I don't put Max in the same catorgory as a Maxiene Lapuke, but does anyone else just wanna go thru the TV and smack the kief out of Patches when he grins, or smirks? I think he's a fine hockey player, but just something about that big nose & smile of his that just makes me vibrate when I see it! 

Yep, he rubs me the same way...I just feel like beating on him. I don't really think the hit was malicious, but one of our guys went down, so retribution is deserved. We've certainly gone after guys for a lot less. It seems like the B's have been playing Pacs pretty soft since he returned from the "life threatening" body contact from Chara.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

And I'm still waiting for examples of Julien's team being slow to respond.

This is typical of you, Rusty.  You get busted and then quickly try to make the post about the poster instead of admitting that your drivel is drivel.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty, Kitchener &  Marco...These 3 are such losers that they could die playing Russian Roulette with a Nerf Gun! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

Yep, he rubs me the same way...I just feel like beating on him. I don't really think the hit was malicious, but one of our guys went down, so retribution is deserved. We've certainly gone after guys for a lot less. It seems like the B's have been playing Pacs pretty soft since he returned from the "life threatening" body contact from Chara.  

I hate the p u k e too and also dont believe it was a dirty hit. I think we'll see a shift in willingness to nail him more in the next few games against them. I don't think they should have gooned him last game but a few solid hits and a skirmish or 2 with a good face wash would have been good to see.

• Sections
    Shortcuts