Braaaaaaaaaaad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Braaaaaaaaaaad Marchand

Not much talk on the board about this guy lately but I can't help but notice how great this guy has been lately...easily the best Bruin forward right now.    Most particularly, his confidence with the puck in the offensive zone and ability to create time and space with his shiftiness has been the best that I have ever seen it.  The puck seems to be like a magnet on his stick and he is always in the right place at the right time.   I posted on another thread regarding his first 20 games as a Bruin when he had 0 goals and 1 assist while getting 3rd/4th line minutes.  He has certainly come a long way to become one of the better forwards in this league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Braaaaaaaaaaad Marchand

Unfortunatelty Luc, there are a number of posters who dislike Marchand so much that it bothers them he's become so good now. I agree completely that he's been as good as any Bruin so far. I always felt he had top 6 potential as evidenced by his play in junior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Marchand has grown more capable in each season. Some of the other forwards should watch his videos every day, and practice his commitment on every shift. Obviously Bergie is a big reason for his success, but he is where Bergie expects him to be, and he covers up for both Bergie and Seguin constantly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Right now he's the best player on the team. Top 6 forward, kills penalties, plays the power play and is about as clutch as they come. What more could you ask for?

Going into the season, mentioning his name would have drawn a chuckle, but if he keeps this up, Steve Yzerman is going to have to take a long look at him when assembling the Canada team roster for next years Olympics.

I wonder how long before people outside of Boston start seeing him for what he is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think I've written this before, but I remember watching him in the two WJHCs and the 2007 Super Series and getting that feeling that he was the kind of guy who has that sense of the moment when a player can step up and make something happen.  I think I saw him a total of three times outside of international competition (two Memorial Cup games with Moncton, one game when he was a drafted Bruin with Val D'or)and he was always one of the most entertaining players on the ice.

There are more than a few of that kind of player who are also grease spots when they don't have the game on a string.

The poll on the Bruins website right now is: will Marchand lead the team in goals at the end of the year?  I think the answer's yes, though Seguin and Horton can both snipe in bunches when they get hot, and eventually that 1 assist is going to start to go up, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Obviously Bergie is a big reason for his success, but he is where Bergie expects him to be, and he covers up for both Bergie and Seguin constantly.

Where does Marchand cover up for Bergeron and Seguin ? Defensively ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

People still hate him for his rat tendencies but I've been in the Marchand camp since I first started posting on this board. He's been a great player thus far and I'm glad he's reigned in his penalty minutes (penalty off the face off was BS IMO).

This board is full of negativity and pie in the sky trade talk.

I'm just glad people have moved on from the "fire Claude" and "trade Krejic" crap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He is an awesome hockey player. He is an emerging NHL star. He is the best player on this team.

If anyone wants to know how to play physical without fighting, or punishing opponents with big hits, just watch Brad Marchand. Fights for every inch of ice all day long. And, he's way more skilled than he gets credit for, he can do it all. Love his game, and thrilled he's a bruin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I wonder if people still like Joe Pavelski of the Sharks more. Since the beginning of last season, Marchand's offesive stats have not lagged Pavelski's by much ... and Marchand does that on a defensive oriented team while killing penalties.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The good about Joe Pavelski is that he is much better looking than Marchand.  The bad is that he could also be called "Joe Pa"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He can snap that shot off so fast, and elevate it with accuracy.  He's aggressive.  Fights for every inch.  He can skate, and is very strong on the puck for a small guy.

Love his game.  Cant believe how good he's become.  Go Marchand!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup I was a downer on his play when he first came up to the Bs.  He has learned to play with an edge, and dare I say, play smart enough not to get dumas penalties.  These are the types of players I like to be wrong on!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

the one downside, he is going to require a significant pay raise if he pops 30 goals this year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

the one downside, he is going to require a significant pay raise if he pops 30 goals this year. 

Or you can say that the upside is that the Bruins have gotten away with underpaying him for a couple of years now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Or you can say that the upside is that the Bruins have gotten away with underpaying him for a couple of years now.

sure, but having to pay him more than PC had accounted for isn't a good thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

sure, but having to pay him more than PC had accounted for isn't a good thing.

Sure it is because that can only mean he's exceeded expectations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Marchand is signed through 2017.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Marchand is signed through 2017.

Thanks for the heads up GNB. Nice to see he's already playing at above the level of his contract extension. 4.5 per seems like a bargain in today's game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

He is an awesome hockey player. He is an emerging NHL star. He is the best player on this team.

If anyone wants to know how to play physical without fighting, or punishing opponents with big hits, just watch Brad Marchand. Fights for every inch of ice all day long. And, he's way more skilled than he gets credit for, he can do it all. Love his game, and thrilled he's a bruin.

He's playing great, no question.  I'm happy Chiarelli didn't take my advice when I wanted him traded for being a dirty rat.  He's cleaned up his act and improved his impact at the same time.  I'll take being wrong like that all day!

He is not, however, the best player on the Bruins.  He is performing the best right now, but skill wise, he's is not the best overall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

He's playing great, no question.  I'm happy Chiarelli didn't take my advice when I wanted him traded for being a dirty rat.  He's cleaned up his act and improved his impact at the same time.  I'll take being wrong like that all day!

He is not, however, the best player on the Bruins.  He is performing the best right now, but skill wise, he's is not the best overall.

Seguin is the most skilled.  Marchand is the most effective forward.  I think Marchand has been the the B's best forward so far this season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Since when does skill make the best players ? Anybody want the Sedins or Alex Semin ? Is Zdeno Chara more skilled than Dennis Wideman ? There is A LOT more than skill that makes a great hockey player. Phil Kessel is incredibly skilled.  Brad Marchand is the best right now for what he does when he's on the ice - end of story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I never expected Marchand to be this good. I always thought he would be another Paille. Hope he continues to improve!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The 2006 NHL draft turned out pretty good for Boston. Kessel in the 1st, Lucic in the 2nd and Marchand in the 3rd. Then Phil turned into Seguin & Hamilton. Those first 3 pks all turned into impact players. Marchand has become a really good player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Unfortunatelty Luc, there are a number of posters who dislike Marchand so much that it bothers them he's become so good now. I agree completely that he's been as good as any Bruin so far. I always felt he had top 6 potential as evidenced by his play in junior.

Cmon, ive been tooting his horn for over a year now.  Hes cleaned his act after getting suspended.   I even said he should be on canadas team next year.  Ive compared his skating and balance with crosby and ive said hes been our best player.  Heck i even defended his suspension on salo.  

His skill is overshadowing his junk.  I cant recall one thing this year.  Hes been great.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Right now he's the best player on the team. Top 6 forward, kills penalties, plays the power play and is about as clutch as they come. What more could you ask for?

Going into the season, mentioning his name would have drawn a chuckle, but if he keeps this up, Steve Yzerman is going to have to take a long look at him when assembling the Canada team roster for next years Olympics.

I wonder how long before people outside of Boston start seeing him for what he is.

I would love for that to happen as it would shut the mouths of a few of the HNIC intermission panel who, led by Glenn Healey, derisively mocked the inclusion of his name over Alex Burrows a couple of weeks ago.

Sections
Shortcuts