Braaaaaaaaaaad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Braaaaaaaaaaad Marchand

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Right now he's the best player on the team. Top 6 forward, kills penalties, plays the power play and is about as clutch as they come. What more could you ask for?

Going into the season, mentioning his name would have drawn a chuckle, but if he keeps this up, Steve Yzerman is going to have to take a long look at him when assembling the Canada team roster for next years Olympics.

I wonder how long before people outside of Boston start seeing him for what he is.

I would love for that to happen as it would shut the mouths of a few of the HNIC intermission panel who, led by Glenn Healey, derisively mocked the inclusion of his name over Alex Burrows a couple of weeks ago.

Alex Burrows over marchand.  I dont think so.  Did you mention healey to cheese me off.  I could seriously see a 4 th line of bergie brad and seguin.  On that big ice those three would shine.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Unfortunatelty Luc, there are a number of posters who dislike Marchand so much that it bothers them he's become so good now. I agree completely that he's been as good as any Bruin so far. I always felt he had top 6 potential as evidenced by his play in junior.

Cmon, ive been tooting his horn for over a year now.  Hes cleaned his act after getting suspended.   I even said he should be on canadas team next year.  Ive compared his skating and balance with crosby and ive said hes been our best player.  Heck i even defended his suspension on salo.  

His skill is overshadowing his junk.  I cant recall one thing this year.  Hes been great.  

I actually wasn't even referring to you my pork-bellied friend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Always liked Brad Marchand Fav player he was one player i said i would overpay. He is scoring big goals really starting to develop into a very good player. Always wear the marchand shirt when i go to the games. I can not wait until the March 3 rd against Montreal when i go to that game should be a good one, but the bruins have more bussiness to take care of before that time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Unfortunatelty Luc, there are a number of posters who dislike Marchand so much that it bothers them he's become so good now. I agree completely that he's been as good as any Bruin so far. I always felt he had top 6 potential as evidenced by his play in junior.

Cmon, ive been tooting his horn for over a year now.  Hes cleaned his act after getting suspended.   I even said he should be on canadas team next year.  Ive compared his skating and balance with crosby and ive said hes been our best player.  Heck i even defended his suspension on salo.  

His skill is overshadowing his junk.  I cant recall one thing this year.  Hes been great.  

I actually wasn't even referring to you my pork-bellied friend.

Name names then.  :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He's certainly been the most consistent Bruin this season and his release has absolutely blown me away. He obviously has worked on that in the off season. There were 2 shots that he had Miller beat the other nite, but just missed. Miller even did a double take on 1 of them as if to say "Who the heck....Was that Marchand again???? I thought that last game he scored was just a fluke! Better pay attention to this guys laser!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

He's certainly been the most consistent Bruin this season and his release has absolutely blown me away. He obviously has worked on that in the off season. There were 2 shots that he had Miller beat the other nite, but just missed. Miller even did a double take on 1 of them as if to say "Who the heck....Was that Marchand again???? I thought that last game he scored was just a fluke! Better pay attention to this guys laser!"

His game has been all star quality.  His skating and balance is a thing of beauty.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

A friend of mine in Moncton, who isn't a B's fan,  predicted BM to be an impact NHLer even back when he was still in junior.  He proclaimed absolute thievery when the B's got him so late in the draft.  I always thought he was a bit over the top with his excessive promotion of this kid.

Now when anyone mentions Marchand, my friend just quietly crosses his arms and flashes that "I told you so" smile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

A friend of mine in Moncton, who isn't a B's fan,  predicted BM to be an impact NHLer even back when he was still in junior.  He proclaimed absolute thievery when the B's got him so late in the draft.  I always thought he was a bit over the top with his excessive promotion of this kid.

Now when anyone mentions Marchand, my friend just quietly crosses his arms and flashes that "I told you so" smile.

Where are you from Steve? Are you also a Maritimer or do you just have friends in Moncton?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Right now he's the best player on the team. Top 6 forward, kills penalties, plays the power play and is about as clutch as they come. What more could you ask for?

Going into the season, mentioning his name would have drawn a chuckle, but if he keeps this up, Steve Yzerman is going to have to take a long look at him when assembling the Canada team roster for next years Olympics.

I wonder how long before people outside of Boston start seeing him for what he is.

I would love for that to happen as it would shut the mouths of a few of the HNIC intermission panel who, led by Glenn Healey, derisively mocked the inclusion of his name over Alex Burrows a couple of weeks ago.

Alex Burrows over marchand.  I dont think so.  Did you mention healey to cheese me off.  I could seriously see a 4 th line of bergie brad and seguin.  On that big ice those three would shine.  

No shupe.  Healey reacted in a manner that suggested the mention of Marchand's name by P. J. Stock (I think) was absurd. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Healey is like a car accident.  You dont wanna look(listen) but you do it anyway.  I cant stand him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Healey is like a car accident.  You dont wanna look(listen) but you do it anyway.  I cant stand him.  

Healey...Stanley...JWensick...OEC...heyoo...

Okay, not heyoo.  That account was my first use of the new ignore button!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

Obviously Bergie is a big reason for his success, but he is where Bergie expects him to be, and he covers up for both Bergie and Seguin constantly.

Where does Marchand cover up for Bergeron and Seguin ? Defensively ?

I'd say the opposite segs and bergy great defensive play allows Marchand to capitalize on the other teams mistakes by taking chances himself. Bergy and seguin are tops in the league as two way forwards, bergy has transformed seguin into the type of player that even when struggling scoring he can change the game with defensive plays. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Where are you from Steve? Are you also a Maritimer or do you just have friends in Moncton?

Yup, born in east Saint John, now living in Moncton.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I had no idea. I lived the first 5 years of my life by the stone church on Park Ave in east Saint John before moving to Gondola Point. Small world indeed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No wonder you & I agree so much! Us sheep herders think alike. 

Sections
Shortcuts