Brad Boyes Available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Brad Boyes Available

What do you all think about the Bruins trading to get Boyes and put him on Bergeron's right wing? 

I am not going to put up who the B's should give up but we all know they were great together!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Brad Boyes Available

I'd trade a 2nd rounder for him, nothing more

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

do you have the link that says he is available?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Had we not already picked up Pouloit I'd be all for it.  At this point though, I like our team and don't really think we have room for any more players.  Why mess with good chemistry?  I want to see Seguin next to Bergeron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who says he's available??  I thought Buffalo had him slotted as one of their top 6.

Who/what would we want to trade to Buffalo?  Not much, I think.

Is this another half-baked thread that is an imagined situation of some poster, wasting everyone's time?

Like kel said, let's start with a source for him being available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Even if he is available, the B's just got rid of Ryder and a little earlier, Wheeler.  The inconsistent madness is almost over.

No Boyes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I agree with NAS. Boyes can probably play a pretty good game, but his best days are behind him. I think that the Bruins already have a plethera of talent waiting to come up and have enough forwards on the roster as it is. It looks like they have pretty much every starting forward position locked up (lost Ryder, possibly replaced by Pouliot), and have Sauve, Spooner, Knight, Caron all deemed NHL ready and pushed for a roster spot. I think the Bruins would be hard pressed to bring anybody else in at this point. The only offseason move they need to make at this point is to sign Marchand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

There is no way Boyes is available.  And a trade with Buffalo?  Never.  Don't waste anyone's time with these stupid made-up trade rumours.  Stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

There is no way Boyes is available.  And a trade with Buffalo?  Never.  Don't waste anyone's time with these made-up trade rumours. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Here is the link. 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41583-Rumor-Roundup-Sabres-wrestle-with-salary-cap.html

By the way no need to be an A hole.  If you don't like the thread then don't waste your time responding to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Boyes Available:
    [QUOTE]Here is the link.  http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41583-Rumor-Roundup-Sabres-wrestle-with-salary-cap.html By the way no need to be an A hole.  If you don't like the thread then don't waste your time responding to it.
    Posted by chris3366[/QUOTE]

"Harrington wondered which players Regier would move, pointing out forwards Brad Boyes ($4 million), Jochen Hecht ($3.525 million) and Paul Gaustad ($2.3 million) are in the final year of their contracts and would need to have good seasons to be re-signed by the club.

Moving Boyes, who can play center and right wing, would clear more than enough cap space. At 29 years old, he is valuable to teams seeking scoring depth."

Harrington is a writer for the Buffalo News.  So yes, this is pure speculation.  While Boris might have been a bit brazen in his statement, he is correct.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the link.  http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41583-Rumor-Roundup-Sabres-wrestle-with-salary-cap.htmIf you don't like the thread then don't waste yourl By the way no need to be an A hole.  time responding to it.
    Welcome to the forum Chris. This won't be the last time you get greased out but hey, it happens to all of us. Thick skin is needed around these parts my friend. Cheers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Boyes Available : Welcome to the forum Chris. This won't be the last time you get greased out but hey, it happens to all of us. Thick skin is needed around these parts my friend. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Shut up, Dez.  Go make out with a skunk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The reason why the comments are so strong is because the title of the thread says something that isn't really true.  What you have here a the Sabres media writer speculating which of several players could be moved, for next year.

The title is bait, when there really isn't much on the line.

Just as well though, I have very little interest in Brad Boyes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Welcome Chris....filter through the madness to find the real conversation.

Hopefully they're done tinkering with roster for now. I agree that the Bs have a good situation going into camp, with some underachievers needing to step up their game in the face of some talented and hungry rookies. Let it play out, save some cash and see how the season starts. The trading deadline is where it's at this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

wasn't calling you out Chris, just asked for the thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Boyes Available : Shut up, Dez.  Go make out with a skunk.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    My lady hates when I call her that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Boyes Available : Shut up, Dez.  Go make out with a skunk.

Why do I get a mental image of that old dude from Up! whenever I read something like this from NAS?

Hehe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Sorry Kel and NAS.  That comment about A Hole was directed at Boris.

Once again I apologize.  Also I should have had Possibly in the title.

I agree that is was speculation and rumor.  I made the post to hear what people thought of Boyes and Bergeron back together.  As you all noticed I didn't speculate about what it would take because that is where people get really slammed. 

Most of all the comments were what I expected but Boris just got a little bit excited.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Kel and NAS.  That comment about A Hole was directed at Boris. Once again I apologize.  Also I should have had Possibly in the title. I agree that is was speculation and rumor.  I made the post to hear what people thought of Boyes and Bergeron back together.  As you all noticed I didn't speculate about what it would take because that is where people get really slammed.  Most of all the comments were what I expected but Boris just got a little bit excited.

No worries chris, keep posting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Boyes would fill the Ryder role well, and with an expiring contract he would be low-risk in that regard.  I wouldn't give up much of anything to get him, but I wouldn't mind him on the team.  I have a slight concern that neither Pouliot or Caron will fill the depth that was lost with two forwards gone, but at the moment I think the team as-is is the way to go.  If Caron plays as well as he showed in flashes last year, there won't be any room for Boyes.  There's only one way to find out what the young players can do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

At least Boyes has a track record. He has played well. Pouliot, Caron and the others, will have all the Bruins fans hoping for one of them to step up and become an every day player who produces, the chances of this happening are on the slim side. Having someone like Boyes would be a good asset to have. But his salary might not work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Even if he is available, the B's just got rid of Ryder and a little earlier, Wheeler.  The inconsistent madness is almost over. No Boyes.

almost?

who else?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Obvious roster/ possible lines:
    Krejci Horton Lucic
    Marchand Bergeron Seguin
    Kelly Peverly (slot)
    Campbell Paille (slot)

Auditioning for said slots (no particular order):
    Pouliot
    Spooner
    Knight
    Thornton
    Sauve
    Hamill
    Caron

This camp is going to have some serious competition. My hope is that, if Caron/Spooner/Knight/Hamill make it, they're not put on the typical Claude short-leash, and get put in the press box if they have a bad night.
    I'm just looking forward to some good competition.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Buffalo would never give up something that could hurt them especially to a division rival. Well I mean Paille almost hurts himself on breakaways just not the Sabres since the trade.

As far Boyes and what he has left in his tank ? He lost his effective mojo seasons ago. Right now he wouldn't even help the 3rd line and at 4Mil it's not low risk.

Sections
Shortcuts