Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick

What do you guys think about this one?  Personally I think it is a good pick up by Buffalo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick

He is a mere shadow of what he once/could have been. 2nd rounder is steep in my eyes but he could turn it on for them down the stretch and help them out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Heck yeah! ...only a second rounder???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree with Callo.

Its a lot to give up...and it appears as though they may deal connolly who is much better than boyes in my eyes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yes only a second rounder.  I think Boyes will bounce back from this bad year he is having and changing team can help him doing so!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

A guys who scored 43 and 33 goals 2 seasons ago...if the Bruins had the cap space i would have traded a 2nd round pick for him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I've heard this is a weak draft class... and Connolly is soft. Sabres should be able to bounce the Canes or Rangers from the playoffs with a solid effort from Miller.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm a bit surprised by the deal.  Although he's not having as much success as in recent years, I thought he'd be a Blues staple for years to come.  He'll help Buffalo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick:
    [QUOTE]What do you guys think about this one?  Personally I think it is a good pick up by Buffalo.
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

good pick up for buffalo boyes knows how to put the puck in the net. i mean he is only 2 years removed from 72 points and 3 years from 43 goals. anything is good for buffalo they are not deepest team for scoring wings. 2nd round sounds alittle on pricey side considering boyes is signed thru next year for 4million.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2010 Boyes scored 14 goals this year 12 goals all for 4Mil per year. Buffalo over paid for Torres, who gave the Sabres no goals in the playoffs, last year and Regier just over paid again not impressed. Boyes good guy yes skills dwindling ? you bet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the PC bashers should note that the value of Wideman ended up being more than Boyes at this point in time, so at the end of the day it was a good move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

He's signed I believe for another year at Ryder money.  I think that if Buffalo is content with the salary, then a second rounder is reasonable for a player that could help them make the playoffs this year and one that could plot 25 - 35 goals next year.

If he helps the Sabers make the playoffs, that translates into somewhere over 1 million in revenue for each home game.   That would make the trade a good for for Buffalo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick:
    [QUOTE]I think the PC bashers should note that the value of Wideman ended up being more than Boyes at this point in time, so at the end of the day it was a good move.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I remember when Wideman was traded here my buddy who played with him in the AHL said everyone though he had a chance to be better than Kaberle. I guess everyone is still waiting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I think the PC bashers should note that the value of Wideman ended up being more than Boyes at this point in time, so at the end of the day it was a good move.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

u have to admit though that trade was alittle tough to take when boyes popped 43 goals. but that trade did work out in the for the bruins in the end and chiarelli deserves credit for that move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boyes hasn't forgotton how to score, and he isn't too old to do it.  Whatever the cause of the scoring drop, it might be removed by a new team/coach.

This could be a huge steal for Buffalo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I would trade a second round pick for him
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

especially were its not a rental if he gives them anything positive this year and gets some of his old form back for next season at 4million then it would be worth that 2nd rounded they sent to the blues

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Ruff + Boyes = success (short run)

New Buffalo ownership claiming to open up the pocketbook. Anyone tell this guy this isn't baseball and there is a salary cap?

Sections
Shortcuts