Brad Marchand Ceiling?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Brad Marchand Ceiling?

What do you guys think is a realistic cieling for BM. I know he's catching alot of flack on here lately for his agitation going overboard, but he still brings alot to the table.

I imagine him with a Briere like cieling 25+g lots of agitation and 30+g more htan once in his career. Any takers or anyone think more or less of him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Brad Marchand Cieling?

i think comparing him to briere is a fair assessment. similiar skills- very good skater, fast, that "get under your skin" quality, and solid finshing skills for a rookie. he plays much bigger than he is, and i love that. he just has to be smarter with his aggression. i won't give career number projections, but, if he can score 20 in his 1st full season, i don't see why it would not get better with more experience! my only concern is cleaning up his "edgy" play a little bit. besides that, i really like his game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Even this season, factoring in that he played a lot on the fourth line and scored more goals when he was on the second, he could easily be 25+ goal guy.  I wouldn't put a limit on him, he was a prolific junior scorer and he's made the adjustment well.  He has outstanding coordination and hockey sense.  Briere-like numbers are possible, he could be a big point producer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He should be a perennial 20 goal and 100 penalty minute man. Do not expect anything more.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd love it if he were to become a 25+ goal guy, but I don't think it's there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Cieling?:
    [QUOTE]I'd love it if he were to become a 25+ goal guy, but I don't think it's there.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

This is the the reply I was looking for. I dont understand the low expectations for him.

His numbers rookie year blow away Briere's numbers his first few years  he didnt really break through until his 4th full season. If he's gotten 20 his rookie year playing the first 1/2 season on the 4th line why cant he be expected to put up 25+ In a top 6 role.

He's got an underrated shot and lit things up in Juniors. They are of similar size/skating ability as well. I think that he has it in him. That is of course as long as he stays focused on actually playing hockey, even Briere still goes over the edge at this point in his career though and he is 33years old. Im sure anyone here would be thrilled to have Briere in a top6 role on this B's team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling?

I remember last year during the pre-season, Peirre Mcguire comparing BM to Kessel??  Saying, "Is Marchand the next Phill Kessel for the Bruins, he sure looks like it today."

I doubt that Brad will be able to score like Kess can, but the speed threat along the wing is comparable.  I really like what Brad brings to the team.  Before he was on the team I remember some B fans complaining that we didn't have that 'under your skin' guy.  That maybe the B's were too nice too often.

He is one of the Bruins keys to success this year thats for sure.  Not only in goal production, but he is a great PKer and brings that high energy that seems to breed success.

I am already satisfied with his numbers, specially for his first full season.  I do think they will improve slightly, and I can see him hitting 30+ a couple times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I can see him hitting 30+ a couple times."

Ditto! A full year with Bergeron ? Brad will hit 30+ a few times easily.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm going to be really original and say it depends on his ability to develop consistency.  He had one stretch of being an absolute dynamo but he loses that focused effort and lapses into "agitation".  I hate agitators.  I like players who play a game that aggravates the opposition.  Deliberately looking to agitate is high risk minimal reward.  If Marchand can figure taht out and play the way he did through January and the beginning of February, he could be the kind of player who averages 27-28 goals for his peak years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

He will be nothing more than Matt Cooke!  LMAO  This kid is Dustin Pedroia on skates!  "Peedee" is beloved in Red Sox Nation for his brash, trash talking, hard nosed, all out effort persona.  Marchand has all these same qualities, yet some around here want to nit-pick this kid to death!  I was actually expecting this production from him a year earlier.  Expect the types of numbers below.  They are from the one known as "The Rat" in 1984-85, I will take that line from "The Rat Part Deux" anyday of the week, and love having him wearing the spoked B!

74 games  25 goals 49 assists 74 points 126 PIMS +22 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

HE has played for close to 50% of the season on the 4th line getting less than 10 minutes per game since he has been upgraded to the 2nd line he is on fire...he will easily get 25 and most probably 30 goals next year......its not a Blake Wheeler but he is the kind of player you need in the mixture to won a Stanley Cup

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I've been hot and cold and hot again with this guy.  I really like the way he works the PP on the side boards.  Shifty, deceptive first pass that draws the PK guy in and creates space for the receiver of the pass.  Similar to the way Savvy played the wall on the PP.  Also similar to Savvy is his ability to dive and stir crap.  Sometimes it's fine and works for the team but at times he does cross the line and that is the only problem I have with him.  I read on another thread something about him not being a "Boston Bruin" type player or something like that anyway.  All I know is "Boston Bruin" type players have not won a cup since 1972 so if it means adding an a**hole or 4 to make it so, I say hang a sign on the front door of the Garden reading "A**holes Wanted"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Brad Marchand is a keeper.  Plays big, skates fast, smart with the puck, a good passer and a good finisher.  I see no reason why he can't be a consisten 25 to 35 goals scorer if he stays healthy...  man the b's have a good future considering they are already one of the top teams....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Probably the best comparison for him would be Burrows in Van. He can be a solid contributor when paired with the right people.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

For him, it's probably pretty high

.........even with skates on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i think he can be a consistent 25-30 goal man. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling?:
    [QUOTE]I didn't want to talk about this until after the season, but Brad Marchand is having a very good year.  This might be his ceiling.  If he is paid like Campbell or Paille then I definitely want him, but otherwise I'd let him walk. Wouldn't Nash-Bergeron-Caron be an awesome line?  I don't know if something like that is possible.  Marchand is the kind of player I always want to stay an overachiever if you pay him like a goalscorer it loses it's luster.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

i don't think he'll demand big money for 1 20 goal season.  i think he'll probably sign for around the 2 mil range.  with his speed and energy, i don't see why he'd plateau at 20 goals as long as he concentrates on playing more and yapping less.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't want to talk about this until after the season, but Brad Marchand is having a very good year.  This might be his ceiling.  If he is paid like Campbell or Paille then I definitely want him, but otherwise I'd let him walk. Wouldn't Nash-Bergeron-Caron be an awesome line?  I don't know if something like that is possible.  Marchand is the kind of player I always want to stay an overachiever if you pay him like a goalscorer it loses it's luster.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Nash?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

n Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling? : i don't think he'll demand big money for 1 20 goal season.  i think he'll probably sign for around the 2 mil range.  with his speed and energy, i don't see why he'd plateau at 20 goals as long as he concentrates on playing more and yapping less.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Completely agree

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

MARCHAND.......................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

40-50 points a year guy with possibilities to score 60 points one day. 

Lets not lose on reality and think he is going to be a superstar in the league. But he could be a very useful 2nd or 3rd line winger for a long time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I really like the guy when he plays with an edge. I don't mind the trash talk. As ;ong as it's not crossing the line in things that he's saying. Also, I as long as he learned from his Umburger hit. I'm totally happy with him & think he can be another consistent 25-25 guy.
    I really think BM is going to be getting some HUGE play-off goals this year. This is the guy I hope that turns out to be the Tomas Holmstrom of the Bruins!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

holmstrom is 6 foot 200 pounds....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]holmstrom is 6 foot 200 pounds....
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    But like Marchand,Holmstrom plays bigger than his size dictates he should.I'll be happy if Marchand can step up his game in the post-season the way that Holstrom does.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from philthethrill. Show philthethrill's posts

I'll probably catch some heat for this, but I see a sophomore slump coming for Marchand.  But, hey, I hope I'm wrong!

Sections
Shortcuts