Brad Marchand Ceiling?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling?

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling?:
    I'll probably catch some heat for this, but I see a sophomore slump coming for Marchand.  But, hey, I hope I'm wrong!
    Posted by philthethrill

1st post by someone named philthethrill. This is hilarious. This could actually be Phil Kessel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling? : 1st post by someone named philthethrill. This is hilarious. This could actually be Phil Kessel.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Or Esposito.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

#81 gone but not forgotten

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Re: Brad Marchand Cieling?

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Cieling?:
    I'm going to be really original and say it depends on his ability to develop consistency.  He had one stretch of being an absolute dynamo but he loses that focused effort and lapses into "agitation".  I hate agitators.  I like players who play a game that aggravates the opposition.  Deliberately looking to agitate is high risk minimal reward.  If Marchand can figure taht out and play the way he did through January and the beginning of February, he could be the kind of player who averages 27-28 goals for his peak years.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I couldn't agree more, look what happened to Ryan Kesler once he learned to shut his mouth and play hockey.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Marchand brings energy and competence [ hockey sense] to which ever line he plays on. His goal scoring deserves top six, although , with the improved play of Seguin/Kelly/Peverly, the Bruins can ice a top 9 team. Then who does the opposition focus on ? Marchand is only 22, and agitation has been part of his game since he started playing Junior hockey, so don't knock it, just watch maturity, with advice from REX and Bergeron make it more effective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think the key here, bogie, is that agitation is "part of his game" not the whole game. Most agitators use that part of the game to ramp up their energy level - it's like the ol' Neely line about hitting.  It's hard to score a goal on your first shift to get the juices flowing, but you can always hit someone on your first shift.  Same with being an agitator - you can always charge out and stir the pot on that first shift.

Then the challenge is using the energy you generate to make good hockey plays, not to do even more agitation.  This is the distinction we're making, I think.  Agitate to play better hockey; don't play hockey just to agitate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I kind of see him as an 18 - 24 goal guy. Great energy, and really competes hard. But I don't see him as a 30 goal guy, honestly anything in the 20+ range I see as a bonus out of Marchand. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

His athletic ability, hockey sense and attitude make his potential very high.  If he gets power play time going forward, he will easily crack 30.  He was a gem of a find.  Every champion has a player like him.  I think he will be great in the playoffs.  He's a motivator and an energizer.  Favorite quote, when the Bruins had 6 guys in the box against the Habs, says Marchand 'It was beautiful'.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

His athletic ability, hockey sense and attitude make his potential very high.  If he gets power play time going forward, he will easily crack 30.  He was a gem of a find.  Every champion has a player like him.  I think he will be great in the playoffs.  He's a motivator and an energizer.  Favorite quote, when the Bruins had 6 guys in the box against the Habs, says Marchand 'It was beautiful'.
    Posted by OatesCam

hadn't seen that quote.  awesome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

I think 25-30 is a realistic number for him.

I'll tell you what I like: He told Julien he would score 20 goals back in training camp, and he delivered. He's got cajones.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it was beautiful, standing room only in the box, love it! i remember grinning ear to ear, saying the same thing to myself. good times man, good times 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

I'll probably catch some heat for this, but I see a sophomore slump coming for Marchand.  But, hey, I hope I'm wrong!
    Posted by philthethrill

If you saw Brad play in the juniors youd know he actually elevates his game
    for important games.  His energy is infectious. Julien will use him allot during the playoffs...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

For sure.  Is it polite?  No.  Does it help your team have a 'we can beat anyone' attitude?  absolutely.

I think 25-30 is a realistic number for him. I'll tell you what I like: He told Julien he would score 20 goals back in training camp, and he delivered. He's got cajones.
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Posted by OatesCam

I am not sure he will consistently hit the 30 goal mark.I definitely think he can under the right circumstances.I also think he will play great in the playoffs .I watched him playing for Halifax in junior and he really turned it on in the postseason.I actually think he is a better sniper than Lucic.I think Lucic has had a ''career'' year.I like the guy as much as anybody but I am not sure he can consistenly hit the 30 mark but he will come through when you need him in the playoffs.Nathan Horton should be this team's leading goal scorer in my opinion.I really like his skill set.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

better sniper than Lucic is quite the stretch....he shoots no where near as hard as Lucic.  Last I checked, the only reason he isn't going to be a 30 goal guy is that his shot is not good enough.  He seems to have all the other tools in his box

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

better sniper than Lucic is quite the stretch....he shoots no where near as hard as Lucic.  Last I checked, the only reason he isn't going to be a 30 goal guy is that his shot is not good enough.  He seems to have all the other tools in his box
    Posted by Chappy28

I have no idea where you "checked" but Horton has an exceptionally hard shot and has already had a 30 goal season in his young career.It's not a knock on Lucic to say Horton has a harder shot.Lucic has had a career year to be where he is.Horton is being  widely panned for where he is in total goals.If you thought Lucic would have more goals than Horton this year than you knew something the experts didn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The kid is playing wel on the second line!  What else can be said for a rook?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

25-30 should be an expectation for Marchand once he's been in the league a couple of years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling? : But like Marchand,Holmstrom plays bigger than his size dictates he should.I'll be happy if Marchand can step up his game in the post-season the way that Holstrom does.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Marchand has stepped up his game ! He's one of our best forwards since the All
    Star break !  Are you wathcing the games at all?  Or do you spend your time posting without really knowing...?  Watch and learn ...Watch and learn !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling? : Marchand has stepped up his game ! He's one of our best forwards since the All Star break !  Are you wathcing the games at all?  Or do you spend your time posting without really knowing...?  Watch and learn ...Watch and learn !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

Stepping up in the post season is another kettle of fish. Have you been watching at all? The play-offs haven't started yet. Watch & learn....Watch and learn   !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand Ceiling? : Marchand has stepped up his game ! He's one of our best forwards since the All Star break !  Are you wathcing the games at all?  Or do you spend your time posting without really knowing...?  Watch and learn ...Watch and learn !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

Do you spend your time reading without comprehending? Holstrom is a beast in the playoffs-Dez hopes Marchand can play like a Holstrom in the playoffs. Is that simple enough?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I see things differently then most on here I guess. I hear about his speed, but really just see a guy who is slightly above average, I see a guy who is good with the finish more then anything.. Some of the decisions with the puck in the zone are great, some are bad..

I see chuck kobasew.. Good shot, and a determination around the net..

People keep saying he's been great since playing on the "second line" but he just came off 12 games with out a score..

hes a good player, but hes a 2-3 line player who will play a role.. Hartnells not a bad comparison either as far as what he brings to the team..

Briere in my opinion though, is a much faster, more dangerous player

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

I realize you had your feelings hurt by me after 1 of your earlier posts.That said,nothing will be solved by you constantly attempting to unsuccessfully pick my posts apart.It actually just makes you seem more bitter and uneducated.Thanks for trying though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I see things differently then most on here I guess. I hear about his speed, but really just see a guy who is slightly above average, I see a guy who is good with the finish more then anything.. Some of the decisions with the puck in the zone are great, some are bad.. I see chuck kobasew.. Good shot, and a determination around the net.. People keep saying he's been great since playing on the "second line" but he just came off 12 games with out a score.. hes a good player, but hes a 2-3 line player who will play a role.. Hartnells not a bad comparison either as far as what he brings to the team.. Briere in my opinion though, is a much faster, more dangerous player
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Excellent post. I agree.....enough said.

Sections
Shortcuts