Brad Marchand - his antics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: Brad Marchand - his antics

What a sonofasonofa...but he's OUR sonofasonofa!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

On a side note, I loved seeing Cooke turtle like a little b**ch when confronted by Lucic last night! Brought back memories of Ulf and Claude Lemieux.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm all for the "annoy the heck out of them" moves.

They aren't dirty, just rude.  And it drives others bananas.

Just curious, by no means trying to start anything, what was your feeling on Linseman when he played?  I loved him and the antics are so similar...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

May have happened during a run to the fridge.

Maybe you were checking on the Jets game ?

Innocent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

He just has that face you want to punch , I don't like when he crosses the line, and he can be such a pain in the azz for the opposition , I love his game, but every fan outside of Boston hates him, but would love him on their team. He is a bonafide game breaker in my opinion , and is a huge part of the teams success 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

Just curious, by no means trying to start anything, what was your feeling on Linseman when he played?  I loved him and the antics are so similar...

The same.  I don't like the dirty, potential injury stuff.  The wicked annoying stuff was/is great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He's the Bruins' wedgie to the other team but with skills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I didn't like it.  I think this stuff catches up with people.  I like Marchand playing on the edge and being an aggitator and all that, but it's weak to try to trip a guy after the play.  What's worse, I think, is that it has a negative impact of the officials.  When Kunitz took a two handed swing on Marchand, you knew they still weren't going to be shorthanded.  I think that the refs start to swallow the whistle when people do things to Marchand because they figure he probably did something first.  Just like the antics of Burrows and the Sedins caught up with them in a long series, I worry that Marchand's antics will catch up with the Bruins.  The refs get sick of this crap.  They remember.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I didn't like it.  I think this stuff catches up with people.  I like Marchand playing on the edge and being an aggitator and all that, but it's weak to try to trip a guy after the play.  What's worse, I think, is that it has a negative impact of the officials.  When Kunitz took a two handed swing on Marchand, you knew they still weren't going to be shorthanded.  I think that the refs start to swallow the whistle when people do things to Marchand because they figure he probably did something first.  Just like the antics of Burrows and the Sedins caught up with them in a long series, I worry that Marchand's antics will catch up with the Bruins.  The refs get sick of this crap.  They remember.

Very good points Fletch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love the little clever stuff NHL players come up with to annoy someone else. As someone who grew up in a family that always played sports and eight of us in the house, i can appreciate it.

Kelv, that profile fits my family to a T. Oh man the torture one can dream up to inflict on a sibling. Great and horrible memories.

Re Marchand, agree with most here that he's a huge asset but I could do without the stuff that risks injury. My brother in law put him in the category of Cooke last weekend and I got pretty worked up defending Marchand. I don't think he intends to injure but wish he'd drawn the line a bit more on the cautious side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Great player.  Loved when he was in Morrow's face, hated the leg check on Kunitz though.  Sorry kel, if he ever seriously injures someone because he "just stuck out his leg", I won't be a happy B's fan.  He doesn't need that krap as part of his game anymore, he can be a beast just by playing his game.

It wasn't a leg check.  It was a slow moving play that was meant to get under the skin of Kunitz.  Worked!  I love that the ref saw it happen and saw Kunitz slash Marchand...and just looked away.

There was never any danger for Kunitz, unless slowly falling over was dangerous.

I thought it was a cheap play.  I believe the whistle had already been blown so the play was over.  No need for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

As long as Marchand keeps it relatively clean and answers the bell when he pulls dirty carp, I'm fine with his agitating ways.

The slew footing and other nonesense of a couple years ago is pretty much gone. He's smarter now.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Don't mind the chirping nor the nudge here and there but the guy scares me with how many times he puts the team on the PK. He's a marked man with the refs so he needs to reel it in once in a while. Love the way Jagr gave him that little talk in Game 2 -- Unfortunately Marchand has a short memory and needs to be reminded just about every period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Marchand has the same amount of points and Pims so helping way more than he's hurting. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Don't mind the chirping nor the nudge here and there but the guy scares me with how many times he puts the team on the PK. He's a marked man with the refs so he needs to reel it in once in a while. Love the way Jagr gave him that little talk in Game 2 -- Unfortunately Marchand has a short memory and needs to be reminded just about every period.

He had 7 more PIM than Krejci this season and 9 more than Bergeron.

Do they scare you also?

Booooooo!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

On a side note, I loved seeing Cooke turtle like a little b**ch when confronted by Lucic last night! Brought back memories of Ulf and Claude Lemieux.

Exactly what I was thinking. Ulf and Lemieux balled up.

Marchand and Lucic are my favs on this team. I liked Marchand the second he played for the B's and I had to listen to many of you rip on him for his play, early on in his Bruins career. He moved off that 4th line quickly and turned into a fan favorite.

His 2nd goal was brilliant in game 2. Jawing with Cooke, then slips in and scores. Cooke was so focused on Marchand that he stopped playing. Classic Marchand, getting under the skin of players then taking advantage of it. We all get annoyed by some of the stupid penalties Marchand takes, but he more than makes up with it for his play. He makes such great plays, very smart player, anticipates very good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Marchand has the same amount of points and Pims so helping way more than he's hurting. 

No problems with his play but I hate when Brad gives ammo to Freakin Canuck, Habs and Penguin fans on the internet. They don't deserve the right to look down on Bruins players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

A guy called into the radio tonight with the same thought.  The refs, the negatives effect etc.

I don't get it.  If we're talking about diving, yeah, he won't get those calls very often.  When it comes to the after the whistle stuff, however, they aren't going to call him for no reason.  If he's invovled, he'll probably go as well.  That has nothing to do with rep. 

I don't think officials get sick of that stuff.  It's part of hockey, and it's part of their jobs.  It doesn't make them look back like diving does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No problems with his play but I hate when Brad gives ammo to Freakin Canuck, Habs and Penguin fans on the internet. They don't deserve the right to look down on Bruins players.

Yeah, because that matters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A guy called into the radio tonight with the same thought.  The refs, the negatives effect etc.

I don't get it.  

Yah like listening to Boston sports talk radio. That really matters.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Whispers have begun; 'Brad Marchand for the Canadian Olympic Team?'

He's a gamebreaker, a tournament player

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]A guy called into the radio tonight with the same thought.  The refs, the negatives effect etc.

I don't get it.  

Yah like listening to Boston sports talk radio. That really matters.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a stupid comment.   Not unexpected, but stupid.  The two are completely different topics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Getting alot of attention today. Particularly the one with Kunitz. Personally, I love it. I don't think he was trying to go knee on knee with Kunitz, just stuck out his leg as Kunitz was skating by. The little stick behind Morrows leg during a scrum is very clever.

Most people don't like it or him. Don't blame them. But I'm glad he's on the Bruins. I don't think he's out there to intetnionally hurt people, he's out there to agitate them and for some reason, when everyone on the other team wants to kill him, his game elevates to another level.

That footage of Morrow yelling at Marchand while on the bench was priceless.

Gotta disagree. I saw it as a leg check and that's usually intentional. He's a terrific player but I hate the dumb penalties. At least on that one he took somebody to the box with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673277&navid=nhl:topheads

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thank Dez good article!