Brad Marchand= team playoff analysis.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Brad Marchand= team playoff analysis.

I hope this isn't a redundant post, but why does it seem like this guy is one of the the only players who want to win?  The first line and all of the D need to watch this guy just go apesh*t out there.  Given he could have finished the pass in game 1, but he came back strong and his brilliant pass set up Bergy in game 2.  I will honorable mention Peverley and Horton.

Players who just look lost, or have been mostly absent/ or just turn the puck over like might mites:

TT- juicy rebounds galore!

Siedenberg- What happened to this guy?  He used to be a defensive force, now he is looking like Wideman.

Boychuk- ditto, and he has regressed this season after a great breakthrough last year

Kaberle- shoot the damn puck!  he just moves it around solo without getting pucks to the net.  Also is weak on D.

Krejci-ditto Kaberle but on O

Lucic- Looks out of time and place.  Lost.  Ditto pucks to the net, and CRASH the net!  Make Price nervous!

Recchi - sorry to say it, but he needs to retire if he can't make something happen.  I thought we could rely on his playoff experience, but he does squat.

Ryder - SHOOT, at corners, not Price's chest!

Ference - Weak and inconsistent.

Kelly and Paille - same type of player with slight edge to Kelly. Redundant. Little to no offensive skills.

McQuaid - Young and inconsistent.

Thornton and Campbell - seem to have lost their edge and need it back.

Big Z - suck it up, man.  Get fluids and rest/replenish between games.

Bergeron - Nice goal, but really hit or mostly miss.

Hnidy - Small sample size, but played ok in limited role.

...and finally Clode - Dude, really?  What happened to tight D?  This is a joke! Man to man, pick someone to cover! Hit when you have the chance, don't chase hits! Breakout clean, and SKATE the puck out.  No long prayer passes through the neutral zone!  Gain the line, when they step up, STOP.  Look for a pass or take a quality shot, wide as a pass if there is nothing. Why do we get so many shots blocked? Make a quick move then apass or shot. The rest of line crashes the net, one to the crease, one high for a rebound.  Traffic in front of Price.  Put a stick in the D in front. PP - rotate the puck and SHOOT! Rebound, score! Basic hockey.

Is is this easy?  I say yes!

Line-up changes:

Rask in, Thomas out.
    Seguin in, Paille out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Brad Marchand= team playoff analysis.

heard on tsn telecast that Horton hasn't been feeling well also.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

It's my job today to point out that Rex set up the only Bruins goal of the series and has had a few other decent chances.

I'll leave it at that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand= team playoff analysis.:
    It's my job today to point out that Rex set up the only Bruins goal of the series and has had a few other decent chances. I'll leave it at that.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady

marchand set up that goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand= team playoff analysis. : marchand set up that goal.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Uggh.

Rex made the first play at the blue line, creating enough separation for himself to get the pass to Marchand with space to work (while drawing a defender towards himself), which allowed Marchand to make that (beautiful) last pass.

The play doesn't happen without Rex. It was one of the very few really good offensive plays by the Bruins in the series. He's one of the few creating anything.

Nathan Horton will blow that play 10 times out of 10.

Ryder 9.5 out of 10.

Kelly 50 out of 10.

Paille, might actually make that play occasionally. Even Thornton might. Not Horton. Nope. 

Rex is clearly better with the puck than most of the Bruins' forwards and he creates more useful havoc down low than most too.  Better hands, better feet, better decisions, bigger balls.

As I was typing this, Horton fell again and turned the puck over. ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Marchand and Chara.

Marchand because he's got a personality and the funk that Looch had when he first got to Boston. Chara because he's self-driven.

The rest of the guys needs someone to guide them. And Bs have no one to do that nut a coach who spanks them any time they show any personality.

Also, I've said it before and will say it again. A bad coach can make the most talented team seem like a bunch of handicapped monkeys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

Can people please stop saying Boychuck had a "breakout" year. He's a 30 yr old journeyman who looked decent b/c he played w/ Chara, has a big slap shot, and won a few fights. Sorry, but Chara would make even the worst d-man look decent. He's been awful this yr.

Reechi- I realized that playoff experience is over-rated when he was a part of last yrs monumental collapse vs Phi. Over used term. And the fact that he made "one" nice pass last nite is completely nullified when u turn the puck over as much as he has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Can people please stop saying Boychuck had a "breakout" year. He's a 30 yr old journeyman who looked decent b/c he played w/ Chara, has a big slap shot, and won a few fights. Sorry, but Chara would make even the worst d-man look decent. He's been awful this yr. Reechi- I realized that playoff experience is over-rated when he was a part of last yrs monumental collapse vs Phi. Over used term. And the fact that he made "one" nice pass last nite is completely nullified when u turn the puck over as much as he has.
    Posted by brandonboys1

So poor analysis all around then?

;)

Sections
Shortcuts