Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Brad Marchand

In Response to Re: Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ&ob=av2e Shup, Shup a Doop, Doop a Doop" Keep doin that Shupa Dupa shuffle...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San Woof Woof SnoopDawg.  Is that cali style. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Back to Marchand. I believe he is going to follow the path of Burrows and Kesler in Van. Both were told by management to tone it down and both responded with monster seasons; Burrows with 30 two years ago and another 20 last year, Kesler with 41 and a Selke. Too bad for them they lost their way in the finals but it worked out for the best in my opinion....lol.

I can see CJ or PC giving Marchand the same advice sooner rather than later...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Back to Marchand. I believe he is going to follow the path of Burrows and Kesler in Van. Both were told by management to tone it down and both responded with monster seasons; Burrows with 30 two years ago and another 20 last year, Kesler with 41 and a Selke. Too bad for them they lost their way in the finals but it worked out for the best in my opinion....lol. I can see CJ or PC giving Marchand the same advice sooner rather than later...
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

I think his window is higher than Burrows.  His speed is crazy.  His skating reminds me of crosby.  Low, hard to knock off the puck.  quick hands.  I think he could be our 30 goal guy this year for sure.  I dont think he has Kelsers style but I know what u mean.  And take Burrows of the Gazoo line and he is an avg player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

True. Marchand has more overall upside than Burrows. I actually admire Burrows somewhat. He started in the ECHL and despite limited skill worked his way up to being a fixture on the first line of one of the best clubs in the NHL. No mean feat. Too bad he has a tendency to revert to a complete d**chebag once in a while.

I think Marchand has the skill to be a perennial 30 goal man if he sticks to playing hockey.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]True. Marchand has more overall upside than Burrows. I actually admire Burrows somewhat. He started in the ECHL and despite limited skill worked his way up to being a fixture on the first line of one of the best clubs in the NHL. No mean feat. Too bad he has a tendency to revert to a complete d**chebag once in a while. I think Marchand has the skill to be a perennial 30 goal man if he sticks to playing hockey.....

I think we all would be lying if we thought Marchand was gonna be this good this soon.  He really was the additional punch we needed in offense last year.  Very skilled player...hands were sick last night.  Unfortunately he must have turrets and mistakenly rabbit punched the philly dman.  :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Yeah. He did next to nothing in his previous callups before last year. The promise was there, however, as he did post point per game numbers in the A.  Obviously something clicked for him last summer....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah. He did next to nothing in his previous callups before last year. The promise was there, however, as he did post point per game numbers in the A.  Obviously something clicked for him last summer....

and was a hero at the World Juniors.  Did I just call him a hero.  Time to go cut myself again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

hehehe...but not too deep I hope...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]hehehe...but not too deep I hope...

thats what she said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

HAHA!!

Cheers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand : When has Avery done this.  Please provide any link indicating same.  I have a video suspension of Marchand if you like. Avery- world of his own in lack of class and is just weird. Some skill.  No one wants him.  Mentally Dangerous. Cooke- king of head hunter who is in the league to take runs at people.  Extremely dangerous. Marchand- super skilled, super pest.  Dirty Yes, Punk Yes. Not in the a/n playing field.  Yet.  It takes yrs of the same stuff he did last year to get there.  Im hoping he changes.  Sadly I doubt he will.  I dont think he will ever be as bad as Cooke or Avery.  Somewhere in the middle.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Here's a couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEXsVor6hCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5lOSoHPks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNsw5gEJOxY (Really no need to punch Varlamov on the way to the box)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ICqOVzhRQ (You can't tell me that was an accident...)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand : Here's a couple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEXsVor6hCo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5lOSoHPks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNsw5gEJOxY  (Really no need to punch Varlamov on the way to the box) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ICqOVzhRQ  (You can't tell me that was an accident...)
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Bean,

Was he suspended for any of this.  Komisarek is the biggest diver around.  If he doesnt drop em after the first slash what is he doing?
    All the other ones are really not that bad.  Sorry folks.  They are punk greaseball moves by a punk player.  But are they intended to seriously injure?  Cmon.  that stuff happens in just about every game. 
    And thats my point.  Their poopoo stinks.  Ours doesnt.  In our playoff run alone we had 10 times worse than this stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand : Bean, Was he suspended for any of this.  Komisarek is the biggest diver around.  If he doesnt drop em after the first slash what is he doing? All the other ones are really not that bad.  Sorry folks.  They are punk greaseball moves by a punk player.  But are they intended to seriously injure?  Cmon.  that stuff happens in just about every game.  And thats my point.  Their poopoo stinks.  Ours doesnt.  In our playoff run alone we had 10 times worse than this stuff.

You're right, I don't think he was suspended for any of this. And he probably wasn't trying to hurt Thomas or Varlamov, but he definitely was trying to hurt Jurcina and, assuming Commie didn't dive, he was trying to hurt him too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Remember when Avery "unintentionally" elbowed TT in the back of the head during a commercial break a few years back?

Good times, good times.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand : You're right, I don't think he was suspended for any of this. And he probably wasn't trying to hurt Thomas or Varlamov, but he definitely was trying to hurt Jurcina and, assuming Commie didn't dive, he was trying to hurt him too.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Jurcina he definitely intended to do something.
    The two goalie moves are just punkish pranks.
    Komisarek(I cant call him commie because I hate him) is a 6'4 dman and he dropped like a bag of s h i t.  If he cant tangle with Avery there is something wrong.  As a dman I am embarassed for him and all other dmen.  But we saw his game with Montreal and is no surprise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Remember when Avery "unintentionally" elbowed TT in the back of the head during a commercial break a few years back? Good times, good times.....

I'm not arguing that he is a jack wad.  He is.  He has always been this way.  Avery will drop them though. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Shupe, perhaps you are missing the obvious in that "Komi" actually is a bag of sh*t whose faux tough guy image (and subsequent manhood) was forever destroyed by Lucic:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/49297

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/64616

I will never tire watching these clips......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe, perhaps you are missing the obvious in that "Komi" actually is a bag of sh*t whose faux tough guy image (and subsequent manhood) was forever destroyed by Lucic: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/49297 http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/64616 I will never tire watching these clips......

Oh I know.  And yes they are wonderful memories. 
    The fact that Avery owned him there makes me almost like him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Almost. Sean should have just threw down the mitts and dropped him right there. That would have solidified his rep as a good guy and I would have forgiven the TT incident....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand : Jurcina he definitely intended to do something. The two goalie moves are just punkish pranks. Komisarek(I cant call him commie because I hate him) is a 6'4 dman and he dropped like a bag of s h i t.  If he cant tangle with Avery there is something wrong.  As a dman I am embarassed for him and all other dmen.  But we saw his game with Montreal and is no surprise.

Haha, I called him Commie as an insult. Like Communist, or a person I truly despise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I too see the Crosby comparison.  He's going non-stop, battles hard and especially the way he cuts in from the boards to the net in a circle, not losing speed. He's always creating things. I've liked what Marchand brings since his junior days, but I never thought he would be this good.  He seems to be getting more and more skilled. Reads plays really well.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchand : I think his window is higher than Burrows.  His speed is crazy.  His skating reminds me of crosby.  Low, hard to knock off the puck.  quick hands.  I think he could be our 30 goal guy this year for sure.  I dont think he has Kelsers style but I know what u mean.  And take Burrows of the Gazoo line and he is an avg player. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I love his energy and talent.  Sometime he plays over the edge but he is a key player for the Bruins and has started this season as strongly as he finished the last.  Kudos to him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If the first two games are any indication, Marhchand seems intent on making his mark in the league this year by building on what he did last season.  He's been flying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If the first two games are any indication, Marhchand seems intent on making his mark in the league this year by building on what he did last season.  He's been flying.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, by season's end, I expect Marchand to be considered one of the league's top bargains. Kudos to PC for using what leverage the club had in order to get him inked to a reasonable deal for both sides. Marchand tripled his salary this year. If he keeps performing at this level it might happen again in 2 years(unlikely though).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I wonder if he'll crush Duchene into the boards Monday Afternoon and if Jack will say, "he sent Duchene flying like a stuffy in a kid's bedroom" again.

Sections
Shortcuts