Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Brad Marchand

Haven't herd anything other than mild concussion,no follow ups,everyone is different,mild concussions can also linger on,haven't herd if he is doing better,nothing really since it happened

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Brad Marchand

Herd of Buffalo or herd of cattle? Have you not a herd of neither?

Sorry, Kitchener, I couldn't resist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Herd of Buffalo or herd of cattle? Have you not a herd of neither?

Sorry, Kitchener, I couldn't resist.

No real answer i guess thanks anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In short, no news at all.

Sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In short, no news at all.

Sorry.

Hopefully no news is good news.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Maybe...he took a hell of an elbow to the noggin. He is needed....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Elephant in the room, thy name is Marchand's concussion.

Did he really get a concussion?  I'm not sure.  It wasn't a "hell of an elbow".  It wasn't bad at all.  It's 100% possible that he is concussed.  It's also believable, HONESTLY, that he isn't and after all of the "everyone dives but us" propoganda, they're giving him a few days off to rest in lieu of a dive being magnified.

I'm not Dr. Recchi, but it is possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Did he really get a concussion?  I'm not sure.  It wasn't a "hell of an elbow".  It wasn't bad at all.  It's 100% possible that he is concussed.  It's also believable, HONESTLY, that he isn't and after all of the "everyone dives but us" propoganda, they're giving him a few days off to rest in lieu of a dive being magnified.

Interesting theory....you are right, it is possible.

There is no real way of knowing short of sneaking a peak at the MD report.

Personally, if I had been on the receiving end of a shot to the head like that by someone bigger than I am (and I am relatively the same size and build of Marchand, much less muscle I am sure though) I can see some issues with regard to th status of my noggin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

What? Is this sarcasm NAS?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kemcc. Show kemcc's posts

Interesting theory but to say it wasnt bad at all is a significant understatement esp ecially given the nature of elbow armour these days

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

that is an interesting theory NAS. if you watch the replay, it's not like he just crumbled to the ground. he grabbed his head, which i don't think is an embellishment, because it was a pretty decent elbow to the head, and then went down. and he might have said to the trainer "i'm staying down to try to get a five," which is something he's been caught doing before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Seems all the news is around Bergeron (positive), and Marchand hasn't skated yet, so presumably he's still having some issues. Sure hope he's back before the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

This cant be serious.. faking a concussion for 3-4 games? whats the upside? resting arguably your most consistent (not saying much) player at the risk of losing games?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

This cant be serious.. faking a concussion for 3-4 games? whats the upside? resting arguably your most consistent (not saying much) player at the risk of losing games?

nope. you didn't get it. go read what NAS said again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not saying it's what I believe.  I'm saying it's possible.  It's very possible that he does have a mild concussion.  The hit was about as forceful as the one that Bergeron took.  It wasn't a major hit.  Even Paille's suspendable headshot was worse in my opinion.

It's likely that he does have a concussion.  It's possible that he does not.  I'd prefer that he didn't.  We've endured enough of that business over the past five years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

NAS, the way he did a double-take before he went down, I had my doubts as well. Until the league handed out the 4 day suspension, I was expecting BRAD to return after one game. Maybe he "got-in-too-deep" and they're resting him. And perhaps he's really hurt. Anyway, here's to a quick return.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The stupidity in here is pretty thick.   The minute the Bruins announced a mild concussion it meant Marchand had to be out for at least a week.  Does anyone actually think a team would make its star winger sit out for a week to draw a week long suspension?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Doesn't he have to wait at least a week before the NHL will even let him on the ice?  So once even the slightest of concussion is stated he is done regardless of how he feels.  If that week is over then there is concern for his progression through this injury.  If he is faking the injury he would be back on the ice the minute he would be allowed by the NHL and progress through further testing for game play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One week, is again, NHL protocal for a player to sit out for any kind of concussion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm not saying it's what I believe.  I'm saying it's possible.  It's very possible that he does have a mild concussion.  The hit was about as forceful as the one that Bergeron took.  It wasn't a major hit.  Even Paille's suspendable headshot was worse in my opinion.

It's likely that he does have a concussion.  It's possible that he does not.  I'd prefer that he didn't.  We've endured enough of that business over the past five years.

If this statement is true, what is the benefit of the Bruins stating publicly that Marchand has a concussion?  I can't think of any.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

The stupidity in here is pretty thick.   The minute the Bruins announced a mild concussion it meant Marchand had to be out for at least a week.  Does anyone actually think a team would make its star winger sit out for a week to draw a week long suspension?

And the reading comprehension is pretty poor.  Did someone suggest it was a ruse to get Volchenkov suspended longer?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

And the reading comprehension is pretty poor.  Did someone suggest it was a ruse to get Volchenkov suspended longer?

You're suggesting that Marchand is faking a concussion to cover up a dive.

It's a pretty/weak dumb conspiracy theory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

First and formost Marchy was hit in the head with a very hard elbow.The man went down and had to have help to get back to the bench and dressing room. Only a troll would suggest March would fake such an injury and the Bruins would not want to lose their top scorer. Any suggestion of a faked injury is insulting to the Bruins and Mr. Brad Marchand.

The person who even suggested this should be removed from this form and make a formal appoligy to Brad and the Bruins. Brad is no angle but he is no faker and has not been on the ice since his injury, we , the fans and Bruins miss him and hope he comes back soon. This man is our leading scorer and gives his best on most nights and he deserves all of our respect, GET WELL SOON BRAD.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts