Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Brad Marchand

For the first good chunk of the season Marchand was invisible and seemed to float during games. I was impatient and ready to ship him out of town. He has turned things around and (as of the last good chunk of games) has been playing like the Brad Marchand the Bruins need him to be. He has been possibly the most consistent bruin the past few games and I figured since Ive been so hard on him here in the past I should give the little b**tard his due. He is playing great hockey right now and I seriously hope he can keep this up. When he's on his game, he is truly dangerous. I really like Marchand, just not when he doesnt seem to try. Hopefully putting up some good numbers lately has shaken that out of him.

So Brad Marchand, way to make me eat crow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Brad Marchand

I was one of those ready to ship him out of town, I said long ago he needs to either go back to his old skates or get some new ones lol. His mindset has changed in the flick of a finger. His attitude changed een tho he still plays with an edge. You have to wonder what it was that was wrong in the early part of the season and what it was that changed him back to the Marchand we know knew. I even said give me whatever hes on lol. Now that hes playing to his ability you can see fire in his game, you can see his passion and most of all his drive to wanna be better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I heard a rumor in my hockey locker room that he was having some issues with his personal life due to a certain player that was shipped out over the summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I heard a rumor in my hockey locker room that he was having some issues with his personal life due to a certain player that was shipped out over the summer.

Ryan Button? I didnt think they even played together...weird!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Heard the same thing, but trades are part of the game. I also heard that what made him come around was that he felt he was hurting Bergeron's chances to make team Canada. Glad he's back, because he's a major part of this team & he helps the pulse of this team. He & Bergeron have shown that they're 1 of the most dangerous combo's in the game. Since he's come around Bergeron has too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes selling his house.  That can be stressful.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Does there have to be a reason other than he wasn't playing very well?  The whole idea that he misses his drinking buddy doesn't make much sense to me.  Beginning of the year, he looked like a guy who was just uncomfortable and not playing with much hockey sense.  Add that to the banana peels on his skates and he wasn't getting much done.  He was forcing the puck to Bergeron, trying to beat guys one on one when it just wasn't there, and making bad decisions all over the ice.  Now it seems like he's just found his rhythm, he and Bergeron and Smith seem to be getting comfortable, and the puck is going in.  No grand mystery.  He's just playing better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Does there have to be a reason other than he wasn't playing very well?  The whole idea that he misses his drinking buddy doesn't make much sense to me.  Beginning of the year, he looked like a guy who was just uncomfortable and not playing with much hockey sense.  Add that to the banana peels on his skates and he wasn't getting much done.  He was forcing the puck to Bergeron, trying to beat guys one on one when it just wasn't there, and making bad decisions all over the ice.  Now it seems like he's just found his rhythm, he and Bergeron and Smith seem to be getting comfortable, and the puck is going in.  No grand mystery.  He's just playing better. 

"I also heard that what made him come around was that he felt he was hurting Bergeron's chances to make team Canada." 
    This I heard from Pierre McQuire. But, no I agree that I don't think it had anytihng to do with the whole TS thing. And I do agree with that there doesn't have to be a reason, but people are going to try & figure it out. Last year it was Lucic mostly. This year it's been almost everyone in the top 6 at different points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Im more in line with this line of thinking. I dont know what/if his problem was but he was playing poorly. Whats most important is that he, Bergeron, and Smith are now looking like a dangerous line on all areas on the ice and all three are contributing.

Sometimes guys hit a dry spell. I just get impatient when it happens. Glad it seems to be over though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i actually disagree with all of this, starting with the OP. I don't think he was really floating to begin the year. He competed, he won battles, he just wasn't scoring. Sure they needed more from him but I don't accuse him of floating. I think a lot of it had to do with puck luck, and none of it had to do with tyler seguin. Marco will be around shortly to tell us of this, thank god i have him on ignore. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I was never one to say ship him out of town like the "expert" hockey "writers" in Boston like Haggs and Kalman were calling for.  He got off to a bad start.  I think it might have been due to the fact that Bergeron also got off to a slow start, they were trying to mesh with a new linemate in Eriksson, they played him on the off wing, etc....  Will Brad stay this hot, the chances are pretty slim.  However, I hope his play of late will stop the nonsense of shipping him out of town once and for all.  I know that is a pipe dream, becasue there are many on here that still want to "package" him in a deal for Evander Kane, which I wouldn't trade him straight up for!  Marchand is a very valuable piece on this team.  Any time you may doubt his importance and value, please refer to this video!

http://youtu.be/hqIiy94Wj58

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i actually disagree with all of this, starting with the OP. I don't think he was really floating to begin the year. He competed, he won battles, he just wasn't scoring. Sure they needed more from him but I don't accuse him of floating. I think a lot of it had to do with puck luck, and none of it had to do with tyler seguin. Marco will be around shortly to tell us of this, thank god i have him on ignore. 

Agree to disagree then.

I think he played emotionless, floating hockey more often than not starting the season out. He isnt now and thats all i care about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

I think that line could have had several of issues to start the season.  The seguin deal and the new winger have been discussed much.  But not much has been said about how Bergy's injuries may have played a part with the slow start for the line.  No doubt he seems to be quite healthy now, knock on wood.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I think it might have been due to the fact that Bergeron also got off to a slow start, they were trying to mesh with a new linemate in Eriksson, they played him on the off wing, etc.... 

And now they have both IT!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One of the things I really appreciate about the Chiarelli regime is their patience.  Or, what I think it really is, is a faith that they know what they're doing.  They look at what should work based on skill sets and attributes and tendencies and what the role is for the player in that spot, and they'll look even harder at what has worked in the past, and once they've made a decision about the best way to get what they're looking for with the pieces they have, they will stick with it until they are sure that it's not going to work the way they planned. 

Conversely, once they've determined that it's not just a question of giving it time and working with the player - that the player is just the wrong guy - there's no hesitation to moving anyone or letting them walk.  Derrick Morris?  Gone.  Pouliot? Gone.  CBourque?  You're cut...  Hamill?  You're cut.  Kobasew?  Gone.  Seguin?  Gone.  Thomas outplays Fernandez?  Timmy's the man.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Burke-isms.  If you're looking to make youself a contender with a big deal at the deadline, you probably didn't do a very good job of constructing your team in the offseason.  Under that logic, it's not getting fleeced at the deadline that makes you an idiot - you were probably an idiot to begin with.  With TSN's full day coverage of the deadline, rumour sites, e-harmony trade orgies etc., there seems to be a fascination with making moves.  It's all "try it and see".  Player X is a good player in Phoenix, and Player Y here is in a slump, so let's trade Player Y and three prospects for Player X.  Is there any reason to think Player X will be as good or better on his new team than his old team?  Who knows, but he's been good on another team in a similar role, so let's try it and see.

If you've done your job building your team, then you ride out the kind of start Marchand had, or Bergeron, because you know they can be good in your system with your team.  You have no idea what Evander Kane would do in Boston even though he's a big, strong, skilled kid with a lot of promise as he matures.  Trades are like transplants - a last resort, because the risks of healing the body's own tissues are far lower than introducing foreign tissue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I didn't mean his drinking buddy. I heard he had some strife regarding a girl and his former drinking buddy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

" Trades are like transplants - a last resort, because the risks of healing the body's own tissues are far lower than introducing foreign tissue."

Tell that to Dr. Frankenstein.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You can't tell the freaking Swiss anything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You have no idea what Evander Kane would do in Boston even though he's a big, strong, skilled kid with a lot of promise as he matures."

One can certainly see what Kane could do with Bergeron or Krejci as his center.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Marchand was trying to do too much to impress Team Canada.  He was trying to be fancy and not playing his game.  Since the team was announced, he's gotten back to being a jack a$s and agitating and playing with his natural creativity.  It's ironic, because I've heard (casual) people watch Bruins games and say that guy must be on Team Canada for the Olympics.  If he had played like this all year he'd probably be a lock.  Regardless, it's fun watching him with Bergeron and Smith.  That line is relentless and creative.  They move the puck so quickly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I was never one to say ship him out of town like the "expert" hockey "writers" in Boston like Haggs and Kalman were calling for.  He got off to a bad start.  I think it might have been due to the fact that Bergeron also got off to a slow start, they were trying to mesh with a new linemate in Eriksson, they played him on the off wing, etc....  Will Brad stay this hot, the chances are pretty slim.  However, I hope his play of late will stop the nonsense of shipping him out of town once and for all.  I know that is a pipe dream, becasue there are many on here that still want to "package" him in a deal for Evander Kane, which I wouldn't trade him straight up for!  Marchand is a very valuable piece on this team.  Any time you may doubt his importance and value, please refer to this video!

http://youtu.be/hqIiy94Wj58

eriksson's natural position is RW

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Teams would have lined up to take him off our hands. He's a terrific hockey player but in just about every sport guys have slumps. Kind of wish the Bruins had had a little more patience with Seguin. He's having a terrific season with Dallas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Teams would have lined up to take him off our hands. He's a terrific hockey player but in just about every sport guys have slumps. Kind of wish the Bruins had had a little more patience with Seguin. He's having a terrific season with Dallas.

You obviously didn't watch the game last night. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Marchand was playing earlier with Louie who I'm starting to believe might be a Vulcan.

This is a guy that is borderline untouchable. The kid is an awesome hockey player with an immense compete level. He is an accelerant -

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"You have no idea what Evander Kane would do in Boston even though he's a big, strong, skilled kid with a lot of promise as he matures."

One can certainly see what Kane could do with Bergeron or Krejci as his center.

"...could..."  That's the point.  Looks like it would work, but didn't it also look like a match made in some scientific lab when the idea of Eriksson and Bergeron together was first on the table?  Two guys who play smart, diligent, two-way hockey with creativity?  What's not to like?

Sections
Shortcuts