Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Brad Marchand

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand was playing earlier with Louie who I'm starting to believe might be a Vulcan.

This is a guy that is borderline untouchable. The kid is an awesome hockey player with an immense compete level. He is an accelerant -

[/QUOTE]

One of those guys who just seems to thrive when others don't.  Call it cojones, arrogance, clutch, whatever....  When he's on, he's such a show.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Im just thankful none of you are the B's GM. Most everyone on here is ready to let someone go at the drop of hat, or in this case a drop in production. Marchand is still one of my favs and always will be. Glad to see he is off everyones S hit list. Hes too important to the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ok. Let me get this straight. To recap:

“I really like Marchand, just not when he doesn’t seem to try.”

“His mindset has changed in the flick of a finger. His attitude changed even tho he still plays with an edge.”

“I also heard that what made him come around was that he felt he was hurting Bergeron's chances to make team Canada.”

“I heard a rumor in my hockey locker room that he was having some issues with his personal life due to a certain player that was shipped out over the summer.”

“I think he played emotionless, floating hockey more often than not starting the season out.”

“I heard he had some strife regarding a girl and his former drinking buddy.”

“I think Marchand was trying to do too much to impress Team Canada. He was trying to be fancy and not playing his game.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Teams would have lined up to take him off our hands. He's a terrific hockey player but in just about every sport guys have slumps. Kind of wish the Bruins had had a little more patience with Seguin. He's having a terrific season with Dallas.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't watch the game last night. 

[/QUOTE]

Not sure which game you're referring to. I watched the Bruins Panthers last night. If you're talking about Dallas doesn't Seguin have more goals than anyone on the Bruins?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

“His mindset has changed in the flick of a finger. His attitude changed even tho he still plays with an edge.”

“I also heard that what made him come around was that he felt he was hurting Bergeron's chances to make team Canada.”

“I heard a rumor in my hockey locker room that he was having some issues with his personal life due to a certain player that was shipped out over the summer.”

“I think he played emotionless, floating hockey more often than not starting the season out.”

“I think Marchand was trying to do too much to impress Team Canada. He was trying to be fancy and not playing his game.”

[/QUOTE]

Yea. He said this to Pierre McQuire, so what's your point? He wasn't playing well & he knew he had to be better & he's been better. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]"You have no idea what Evander Kane would do in Boston even though he's a big, strong, skilled kid with a lot of promise as he matures."

One can certainly see what Kane could do with Bergeron or Krejci as his center.[/QUOTE]

"...could..."  That's the point.  Looks like it would work, but didn't it also look like a match made in some scientific lab when the idea of Eriksson and Bergeron together was first on the table?  Two guys who play smart, diligent, two-way hockey with creativity?  What's not to like?[/QUOTE]

Was Bergeron playing well at the time when he had Eriksson on his wing ?

Were pretty much the same things said Horton before he got to Boston as are about Kane ?

How did Savard play before he got to the Bruins ?

I've covered "could".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea. He said this to Pierre McQuire, so what's your point? He wasn't playing well & he knew he had to be better & he's been better. 

[/QUOTE]

My point is each of those comments show an incredible leap of faith into wild speculation on someone's feelings and how those alleged feelings impacted play on the ice. It's the saddest excuse for hockey analysis possible, regardless of who they were uttered by.

Sure, Marchand magically started "trying harder" because he didn't want to hurt his friend's feelings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]"You have no idea what Evander Kane would do in Boston even though he's a big, strong, skilled kid with a lot of promise as he matures."

One can certainly see what Kane could do with Bergeron or Krejci as his center.[/QUOTE]

"...could..."  That's the point.  Looks like it would work, but didn't it also look like a match made in some scientific lab when the idea of Eriksson and Bergeron together was first on the table?  Two guys who play smart, diligent, two-way hockey with creativity?  What's not to like?[/QUOTE]

Was Bergeron playing well at the time when he had Eriksson on his wing ?

Were pretty much the same things said Horton before he got to Boston as are about Kane ?

How did Savard play before he got to the Bruins ?

I've covered "could".

[/QUOTE]

No, Bergeron wasn't playing as well as he is now...but aren't you the guy who posted a day or two ago that Eriksson and Bergeron will never work?  I don't think the same things are said of Kane as they were of Horton, but the one thing they would have in common is the story of how playing them with a centre like Krejci or Bergeron will  somehow magically unlock their potential.  Horton's best season in Boston was his 4th best in his career.  He didn't suddenly become the kind of power winger who dominated games. He was often frustrating and ghostly.  He then scored some big goals in the playoffs and frankly, I forgive a lot of his dead weight games in January and February for each of those playoff goals.  But he emphatically was not a more productive player in Boston than he was in Florida. And I don't know if Kane would be either.  You're back in the realm of "just try it and see".

Savard had a rep as a selfish player, but he also produced.  97 in Atlanta then 96 the next year in Boston.  Not sure this is really a comparable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm glad Chiarelli said "lets try and see" when he brought Savard and Horton to Boston.

I'm glad Julien taught the defensive side of the game to Savard and Horton.

See it worked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Why do other posters keep on talking about trading Jets to the Bruins? I am a fan of both teams but a B's fan first and there are very few Jets that I think could benefit the Bruins, and one (Stuart) is an ex-Bruin. The 3 Jets I see mentioned most as potential Bruins are Kane, Ladd and Buff. How do any of those players help the current makeup of the Bruins? I don't see either Ladd or Kane as a significant upgrade on Marchand or Lucic, so that's a lot of coin for a third line winger, and Buff would drive CJ into the bottom of a KFC bucket.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do other posters keep on talking about trading Jets to the Bruins? I am a fan of both teams but a B's fan first and there are very few Jets that I think could benefit the Bruins, and one (Stuart) is an ex-Bruin. The 3 Jets I see mentioned most as potential Bruins are Kane, Ladd and Buff. How do any of those players help the current makeup of the Bruins? I don't see either Ladd or Kane as a significant upgrade on Marchand or Lucic, so that's a lot of coin for a third line winger, and Buff would drive CJ into the bottom of a KFC bucket.

[/QUOTE]

Amen. The grass is always greener, which is just absurd given how well the Bs current roster is constructed and that they have every chance to go far in the playoffs. It's like people forget the mess Pittsburgh went through just last season. They got greedy. Thought upgrades on paper at a bunch of positions would push them over the top....nevermind that they were playing just fine before. The whole "go all in" stuff is nonsense.

They'll add some depth and it'll be fine. If that depth is a guy like Stuart, I'd be over the moon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i actually disagree with all of this, starting with the OP. I don't think he was really floating to begin the year. He competed, he won battles, he just wasn't scoring. Sure they needed more from him but I don't accuse him of floating. I think a lot of it had to do with puck luck, and none of it had to do with tyler seguin. Marco will be around shortly to tell us of this, thank god i have him on ignore. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree to disagree then.

I think he played emotionless, floating hockey more often than not starting the season out. He isnt now and thats all i care about.

[/QUOTE]

I agree in parts with both of you. I think he did have some bad puck luck in the beginning but then floated later on. I think he floated once he got frustrated with the bad puck luck. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm glad Chiarelli said "lets try and see" when he brought Savard and Horton to Boston.

I'm glad Julien taught the defensive side of the game to Savard and Horton.

See it worked.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon, SanDog - don't need to be Brenda Vaccaro (http://screen.yahoo.com/mx-5-tampons-000000318.html)  to know that this is a different thing.  The Bruins needed Savard - he was the best available centre capable of being a PP QB and top scoring centre.  They got Horton because they needed an RW capable of playing on the top line.  Again, they couldn't score the year before the got him, so they were in a situation where risk/reward was a much bigger factor in the decision than "let's try and see".  Plus, plus, the part of the Horton acquisition that may have been as or more important to the Bruins eventually rising with the cream? 

"Traded from Florida Panthers with Greg Campbell to Boston Bruins for Dennis Wideman, round 1 pick in the 2010 draft (Derek Forbort) and round 3 pick in the 2011 draft."

More than a few people here who would have called this deal a win if the Bruins had got nothing in it.  "Bruins trade Wideman for nothing, pay 1st and 3rd rounder to make it happen."  Duck boats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli will bring in top 6 forwards that were rumored to not be willing to adapt to playing all three zones. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and protection of Iginla, he was a great player.

Still hasn't shown me anything against the better teams. He wasn't brought in to get the 2nd assist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Horton got a lot of second assists, but you're citing him as a good move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My point is each of those comments show an incredible leap of faith into wild speculation on someone's feelings and how those alleged feelings impacted play on the ice. It's the saddest excuse for hockey analysis possible, regardless of who they were uttered by.

Sure, Marchand magically started "trying harder" because he didn't want to hurt his friend's feelings.

[/QUOTE]

They're human beings that actually have normal human being emotions. They have things that impact them as we do. So, it's normal to assume & try & guess what exactly are the possibilites that are causing their lack of production. We went thru this with Lucic last yr. Wasn't scoring, wasn't fighting & didn't seem to be playing his brand. So, the speculation was when he had to rush home from Winnipeg for a family matter it was impacting him for most of the regular season. He didn't start improving his play until he was sent to the pressbox. So, that pretty much said that it wasn't "a family issue" at all. So, a lot of fans were wondering what Marhands problems were. It seems whatever it was is now gone. I don't think because someone goes into a funk it's a reason to try & trade them. Chara was a minus player for the first 20 games of this season. There was talk about him showing signs of his age! That's certainly gone out the window, the guys having another Norris type season & he's doing it without his righthand man in Seidenberg! So, the point you're trying to make is pointless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Still hasn't shown me anything against the better teams. 

---------------

Here'e why I think your "hasn't shown me anything" is full of crap.

Against teams that are currently in playoff positions (aka better teams).

Krejci 1 goal and 10 assists = 11 points

Lucic  2 goals and 11 assists = 13 points

Iginla 6 goals and 8 assists = 14 points

I dunno.........I'm no math whiz .........but judging by the productivity numbers of those three against the better teams it doesn't look at all like Iginla's just getting secondary assists.

P.S. Do your homework before blurting out vendetta driven stupidity.

" El Busto " isn't what you say he is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

14    4    4    8    -7

Yah you sure aren't!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

14    4    4    8    -7

Yah you sure aren't!

[/QUOTE]

Game logs are easy to read........for some. Takes two minutes. Try it you'll learn something on El Busto.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8462042&season=20132014&view=gamelog

All teams are currently in playoff positions.

jan25 vs philly 2+2=4

jan7   vs ana   0+1=1

dec8   vs tor    1+0=1

dec7   vs pitt    0+1=1

nov23  vs car    0+1=1

nov18 vs  car    0+1=1

nov11 vs tampa 1+0=1

nov9    vs tor     0+1=1

oct30   vs pitt     1+0=1

oct24 vs sjs        1+0=1

oct19 vs tampa  0+1=1

6+8=14

Note: Carolina and Detroit are tied for the last playoff spot. Iginla scored a goal against Detroit.

P.S. 4+4=8 ?????????????? Wow, are you ever off. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Way to cherry pick...Philly and Carolina points, they won't be in the playoffs. But LA and Chicago will. Conveinantly left them out didn't you.

Nice try

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

OT: Chara's having a wacky season.  He's +13 overall (to nite's point) but on Dec 21st he was +1.  He has more goals than assists, which happens sometimes for stay-at-home D with a 3-2-5 kind of stat line, but he also has double digits in both G and A.  Strangest of all, considering the usual frenzy about a Seidenberg clone keeping Chara's workload down - his TOI is not that different now than it was when they had Dennis.

Like so many on the team, Chara is simply...playing better.  For Cedfano, it's like the challenge of that six or seven game stretch with 5 games against the top teams in the West just sharpened the speed at which he's playing and making decisions.  And that's very interesting to me - this team has, in the past, gotten in trouble by playing to the level of its opposition: up against the top teams, down against the lobsters and catfish.  Really interesting to see this latest stretch in these terms: they came out flying against Anaheim and ultimately lost; they came out slow against LA and lost; they played a controlled but energetic game against the Sharks and won; they let down against the Laffs and lost; then they took it to Dallas, played a great game in a loss to Chicago, took it to the Kings (Down Goes Brown!), and now have 18 goals in the last three games against Eastern conference weak sisters.  I wonder if this stretch has forced them to sharpen up in a way they haven't needed to to this point, and now they're looking to ride that high for as long as they can.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One attempt on net,  two hits with 18:33 TOI for big time.

Man what a night for big game!

Nope the Bruins are set with scorers in there top 6.

PS. I know, I know it's Krejci and Lucic's fault.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I guess its back to Marchand to the Jets for KANE!(Said in best WWE announcer's voice)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Way to cherry pick...Philly and Carolina points, they won't be in the playoffs. But LA and Chicago will. Conveinantly left them out didn't you.

Nice try

Cherry picking ? What a bonehead !!!!

Between the three , Krejci had one lone assist against LA and Chicago. Of course (in your mind) that measly total is all Iginla's fault.

Points were accumulated for all three players from ALL teams (including LA and Chicago ) that currently hold playoff spots.

Your claims of zero productivity from Iginla has no validity to it. It's fiction. The other two players on that line actually have worse numbers.

In your face with your claims on Iginla.............case closed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

One attempt on net,  two hits with 18:33 TOI for big time.

Man what a night for big game!

Nope the Bruins are set with scorers in there top 6.

PS. I know, I know it's Krejci and Lucic's fault.

Yes let's blame Iginla .............just like he was the sole reason why the Pens only scored a pair in the playoff series against the Bruins.

They all stunk. 

P.S. Who's saying it's Krejci and Lucic's fault  ? I'd like to know.......wasn't me. I like Krejci and Lucic better then Iginla. I just don't hate Iginla as you do.

Very stupid for you to suggest that.

Sections
Shortcuts