Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

http://www.nesn.com/2011/08/brad-marchand-begins-day-with-stanley-cup-by-eating-cinnamon-toast-crunch-out-of-cup-video.html

"Somebody get me a spoon" No not that spoon! Hey the Stanley Cup is at a much better height than those old TV dinner trays. Gosh I like this kid more and more everyday LoL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Don't forget the hectic schedules these guys go through. Even at our family gathering T.T had interviews, a hundred people pulling him in every direction,ect. At the public event at his school, people got a pic with the three trophies but Timmy didn't sign any autographs due to time constraints. He did do quite a few at the morning church event, yet it was a mere 2 hours and part of that was taken up by the professional photographer that had his list full in short order. This seems like it should be a fun day for the player, yet from the horses mouth it is draining, and hard to please everyone. Good luck, don't give up, and you can get your moment with the cup!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No one knows what to expect on a player's day with the Cup, not even the player.

I can't stand this kid, but I don't hold him at fault here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted:
    No one knows what to expect on a player's day with the Cup, not even the player. I can't stand this kid, but I don't hold him at fault here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's what I like about you Nas. You don't like the kid but still manage to remain impartial. I'm not good at that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Players can do whatever they want with the cup.  If I was a player there is a good chance I might just want sit at home with it in the trophy case with my family.  Marchand had a parade, visited a hospital, did interviews and had an event at the rink.  That sound like a lot of fan service.  I know a couple of guys that were at the parade and didn't get an autograph, but did get up close to the cup, that's all they were looking for, so they were happy fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Good for you, Dez......I don't like anything about NAS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good for you, Dez......I don't like anything about NAS.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Perhaps he'll grow on you too. Oh well, this place would get pretty boring if we all got along anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No one knows what to expect on a player's day with the Cup, not even the player. I can't stand this kid, but I don't hold him at fault here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I think he is responsible for nothing at these events except for being there when he is supposed to be there.  Leaving 20 minutes early when people traveled and waited all day to see him is, inconsiderate at least.

Plus, I heard he hangs out a highway rest stops and gives kids candy with razor blades in it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I think it was probably a case of Marchand spreading himself thin. He probably made too many commitments without enough time, and was probably a bit stressed about it. In reality, this was probably the case.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Hey, he's just a kid, under a ton of pressure and public scrutiny, and for christ's sake, he scored two goals in Game 7 of the SCF, helping to bring the Cup back to Boston after 37 years away!! Cut him some slack. I like what you did Brad. And good for you, visiting those sick kids. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

write a letter to the Bruins organization and to the firm/agency that his agent works at..I'd be willing to bet they'll make it up to you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : I think he is responsible for nothing at these events except for being there when he is supposed to be there.  Leaving 20 minutes early when people traveled and waited all day to see him is, inconsiderate at least. Plus, I heard he hangs out a highway rest stops and gives kids candy with razor blades in it.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Those rumours were never substantiated!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sid had a lot of fans as well.  These events arent planned by the players.  They are just told to show up.  For his VIP invite it clearly stated no autograph signings.  The fact he was with sick children tells me a little something about him.  Crosby went to the IWK as well. 

I am not a fan but this was Brads day.  He earned the right to spend it with family and friends.  He decided to give back to the less fortunate and put a smile on some faces. 

He isnt the best role model on earth...maybe in time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

NAS hatesBM because he stole Hamil's starring role, we get it,

but es tu brute, shup did he egg your car at halloween, what is up with that.

BM's maybe not  the 3rd best B in the last 40 years, but his notoriety on here is number one, next to NAS of course.  NAS is this the real hate for BM not because he surpassed Hamil but because he is closing in on you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : I don't think the kids at the I.W.K. (children's hospital) were as dissappointed with Marchand as you were since that is where he spent a large portion of his day. Obviously he can't please everyone all of the time. Maybe he should've cut back his time with the sick kids so that he could sign more autographs.
    Posted by dezaruchi

DEZ ...Don't make excuses for Marchand . If he was supposed to be there from 2:00 to 4:00 , then he should have been there the whole time ! Or he should have annouced that he had to go spend some time with sick kids at the hospital and was sorry but he had to leave....

Most East Coast Canadians I've met are truly nice people , considerate and polite !  Marchand does not seem to fit the mold...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Players can do whatever they want with the cup.  If I was a player there is a good chance I might just want sit at home with it in the trophy case with my family.  Marchand had a parade, visited a hospital, did interviews and had an event at the rink.  That sound like a lot of fan service.  I know a couple of guys that were at the parade and didn't get an autograph, but did get up close to the cup, that's all they were looking for, so they were happy fans.
    Posted by OatesCam

You're missing the point ! If Marchand is scheduled to be somewhere for 2 hours and hundrends of fans show up to see him he HAS TO HONOR HIS COMMITMENT no matter what . Otherwise he leaves a bad taste in the fans' mouths which is the opposite effect of what these occasions are supposed to achieve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I'm just surprised at all the negative comments about Marchand, and not just from you Roler. I mean the kid score 11 playoff goals and we won the cup. I'm 37 yrs old and I think I'd be partying just as hard as he is, if not more!  My opinion may not be a general one but I simply don't get all the heat he's getting in his first full year in the league! 
    Posted by Ronstar8

Ronstar, I really wasnt being negative.. I was just making the point that the poster had this experience, the article mentions a busy day, nothing about interactions..

On the maturity thing, I think even his biggest fans have seen it, is his behavior out of line for a 22-23 year old, no, nothing we saw after the cup seems out of line with something you might see from sping break or a frat party right?  But professional athletes (or atleast hockey players) are held to a different standard I think because they can contribute so early..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

All I have to say about this thread is Thanks Brad for helping bring the cup back to boston and I hope you have a contract with the bruins soon. I am really just shocked at some of the venom I have seen on here thrown at Marchand. Just goes back to my views on players I don't expect anything besides effort from them when I watch a game or pay for a ticket in person. To expect them to be this or that off the ice just isn't realistic. It stinks for the original poster no doubt and I am sure if it happened to me I would be no doubt disapointed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Brad should have taken pointers from Tyler Seguin about organizing his day with the Cup. Tyler's day went without a hitch and everyone was satisfied; including me, as you can tell from my avatar.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Again...We all KNOW who you are. Stop making bias Sequin comments.  Sounds like Seguin could afford a higher end organizer. Thats about it.  EVERYBODY knows Seguin is a pompous jerk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Again...We all KNOW who you are. Stop making bias Sequin comments.  Sounds like Seguin could afford a higher end organizer. Thats about it.  EVERYBODY knows Seguin is a pompous jerk.
    Posted by bluefox70

I have never seen anything to suggest that, and neither one of them is paying someone to organize this.. Besides I thought I saw someone saying marchands from a wealthy family.. Seguin didn't really cash in on his rookie bonus's..

I am sure the players have some obligation (charitable requirement) with the cup, my guess is the NHL helps them schedule these events.. This is one posters experience with one part of a long day..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : I have never seen anything to suggest that, and neither one of them is paying someone to organize this.. Besides I thought I saw someone saying marchands from a wealthy family.. Seguin didn't really cash in on his rookie bonus's.. I am sure the players have some obligation (charitable requirement) with the cup, my guess is the NHL helps them schedule these events.. This is one posters experience with one part of a long day..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

LOL @ the fact that now some media outlets or fans will get on Seguin's case just because he didn't give them an interview or he was in a rush and could not talk or he didn't sign some fans pyjama or .......  Actually it already started last season.  I had some fans at the parade tell me that Seguin is full of himself and a snob LOL ... he's was 19 years old !!! Can some wait for these kids to grow up ???
    Oh well I guess it comes with the territory.

I was not in Halifax and didn't see what was planned for Marchand . I was in Quebec city and Bergeron said he would be signing from noon-2pm.  He got there a little late (as expected) but he went on to sign till about 220pm.
    Guess what ... Marchand was his line mate and Bergeron will be a good role model for a kid that is still maturing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

B's legion,
    I heard someone say Seguin was cocky before, and just remember replying anyone who has seen his awful Dunkin Donuts commercils would have to realize he's not.. I mean those things are awful, and thats the best take they had.. How arrogant can the kid be that hes not even comfortable doing a 30 second spot, for a relatively local comercial...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : u selfish bas-tard ever considered perhaps he was hungover from working out on his molsons to give a f----? y is it always about YOU the poor ticket-buying fan? consider the point of view of these overpampered millionairs. hope solo would not have done this!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Thats because Hope Solo would have been busy modeling or choking in a Championship game or throwing her teammates under the bus or trying to find out why no one cares about soccer in this country.

When exactly did this "day with the Cup" turn into a required public media event?  Guys used to bring it to private parties and take it fishing and leave it in their living rooms, etc.  Now they are judged by how much public appearance time they provide?  I'd like one of the players to say, "I'm leaving it in my rec room while my college buddies and I have a table hockey tournament. No photos. I'll drop it off tomorrow."  Probably get less grief than Marchand.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Thats because Hope Solo would have been busy modeling or choking in a Championship game or throwing her teammates under the bus or trying to find out why no one cares about soccer in this country. When exactly did this "day with the Cup" turn into a required public media event?  Guys used to bring it to private parties and take it fishing and leave it in their living rooms, etc.  Now they are judged by how much public appearance time they provide?  I'd like one of the players to say, "I'm leaving it in my rec room while my college buddies and I have a table hockey tournament. No photos. I'll drop it off tomorrow."  Probably get less grief than Marchand.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

While that is true, players also didn't used to be set for life because of a couple good seasons.. Fans pay the check, and its a big check, players do owe them something for that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : u selfish bas-tard ever considered perhaps he was hungover from working out on his molsons to give a f----? y is it always about YOU the poor ticket-buying fan? consider the point of view of these overpampered millionairs. hope solo would not have done this!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/

what's wrong with you ???  Go start another Hope Solo thread on the Rev's board instead of attacking real posters on here !

Sections
Shortcuts