Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Chowdah, I am guessing thats from the article I can't get into.. I tried to double check how it was stated before I made the comment so absolutely.. But in the same instance ifmarchand left at like 3:45 to go to his next engagement, they could still report it as being 4, with out it significantly affecting the story is my point.. This isn't a journalistic piece were accuracy is really important, its a feel good piece..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Your last paragraph is based on the words ' if ' and your opinion on it's a feel good piece that could have inaccuracies. All speculation.

Question : Could the possibility be there that OP could have missed that Marchand was there till 4:00 as reported ? yes or no.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Your last paragraph is based on the words ' if ' and your opinion on it's a feel good piece that could have inaccuracies. All speculation. Question : Could the possibility be there that OP could have missed that Marchand was there till 4:00 as reported ? yes or no.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Sure he could have missed that, and I understand the "63" autographs as well being that time was tight and it would allow him to make some small talk with each guy coming through..

The idea that its a feel good peice isn't speculation, Its being a realist, this is a human interest peice, its not news.

Like I said, I believe this was the posters experience, nothing changes that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Dez, none of what your saying here, is supported in either of the sources you posted. Both of the sources you posted outlined his day and nothing else.There was no reporting in either of them.. And I never even said I believe everything he said, just its stupid for people who werent there to attack him with no knowledge of the situation.. Maybe your unaware of this, but there are inaccuracies in the news all the time..  Stop being so dense jesus.. The guy said he was there, this is what he saw.. You dig up 2 articles that do nothing to refute anything he said, and yet this guy is the moron.. Even if the article said brad was there till4.. it wouldnt mean he was there till 4, this is a puff peice, and 3:45, verse 4 pm wouldn't be a significant distintiction to the story.. If you had said you were there, and heard he was late because of traffic, and then left early because the private party was for charity and he was concerned about the traffic going back that would be something, but you werent, you dug up two stories to support he had a busy day, this does nothing to discredit what the posters expereince actually was..
    Sure , I get it. You believe something written by a faceless poster on the internet over something written by a reputeable news source.........you've shown your true colors again and you're painted to look like a fool. I hope that works out for you. BTW, if this is too much of a "puff piece" for you, please elaborate on what type of hard-hitting news you would've liked said reporter to uncover regarding Brad's day with the Cup?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Sure , I get it. You believe something written by a faceless poster on the internet over something written by a reputeable news source.........you've shown your true colors again and you're painted to look like a fool. I hope that works out for you.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez,
    You're ridiculous, you can't look at anything objectively, especially in terms of marchand.. Yes I am fool for saying this guy was here, and this is what he experienced..   The fact that you can't do that hurts your crediblity far more then mine.. And you can't accept a difference of opinion is your own problem.. But hey if you can't badger someone into your line of thinking atleast you can go back to the name calling right?
    This article was no different from a reporting stand point then a piece on "Mom's home made pumpkin pie" would be.. It's an interest peice, its not a news story.. You really think Marchand (or anyone for that matter) arrived at exactly 2, left at exactly 4.. You seem to be unable to grasp that as an idea though..

My guess would be, marchand arrived a little late, he left slightly early, and the poster didn't get anytime with him, and that made things look worse in his eyes.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : Dez, You're ridiculous, you can't look at anything objectively, especially in terms of marchand.. Yes I am fool for saying this guy was here, and this is what he experienced..   The fact that you can't do that hurts your crediblity far more then mine.. And you can't accept a difference of opinion is your own problem.. But hey if you can't badger someone into your line of thinking atleast you can go back to the name calling right? This article was no different from a reporting stand point then a piece on "Mom's home made pumpkin pie" would be.. It's an interest peice, its not a news story.. You really think Marchand (or anyone for that matter) arrived at exactly 2, left at exactly 4.. You seem to be unable to grasp that as an idea though.. My guess would be, marchand arrived a little late, he left slightly early, and the poster didn't get anytime with him, and that made things look worse in his eyes.. 
    Yeah Roler, I've contributed a handful of posts to this thread in comparison to the amount of posts (20%) you've written but sure, it's me that's badgering everyone. Sorry I didn't get that as I'm a little too dense, right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    Sorry for responding to people with something intelligent...Most of them are addressing different things, not me saying the same thing over and over again trying to push my idea through.

And not just in terms of this thread, any thread with marchands name involved will have a handful of post from you about how anyone saying anything negative about marchand is wrong. If you cant support your arguement your reduced to name calling as was the case last week..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, Sorry for responding to people with something intelligent...Most of them are addressing different things, not me saying the same thing over and over again trying to push my idea through. And not just in terms of this thread, any thread with marchands name involved will have a handful of post from you about how anyone saying anything negative about marchand is wrong. If you cant support your arguement your reduced to name calling as was the case last week..
    Roler, I'm glad you told us all how smart you are. Admittedly, this post had me thinking you were stupid so I'm glad you clarified.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bennyskylight. Show bennyskylight's posts

I drove 6 hours to Toronto and then took a 2 hour flight to Halifax to see Marchand and the cup and I was not disappointed at all. There was a parade through the streets of Halifax and then a stage was set up at parade square. Brad and his family answered questions from the fans and host PJ Stock. It was very entertaining and the crowd was continuously cheering "Marshy, Marshy, Marshy". He then went to his actual hometown of Upper Tantallon, NS (30 mins from Halifax) and did a lot of the same things. I was lucky enough to attend both celebrations and even though I wasn't one of the lucky 63 to get an autograph, I left feeling like I had spent the entire afternoon 12-4 with Brad and the cup. When Brad left, I was able to touch the Prince of Wales Eastern Conf. Trophy which satisfied me enough. There were upwards of 2000 people in attendance, so it really wasn't realistic to expect personal time with him and the cup. He really did give a good portion of the day to us fans and as a bonus, autographed prints were handed out to everyone in attendance. As I was walking out, there were many leftovers, so I was able to take 20 to give out to family and friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I drove 6 hours to Toronto and then took a 2 hour flight to Halifax to see Marchand and the cup and I was not disappointed at all. There was a parade through the streets of Halifax and then a stage was set up at parade square. Brad and his family answered questions from the fans and host PJ Stock. It was very entertaining and the crowd was continuously cheering "Marshy, Marshy, Marshy". He then went to his actual hometown of Upper Tantallon, NS (30 mins from Halifax) and did a lot of the same things. I was lucky enough to attend both celebrations and even though I wasn't one of the lucky 63 to get an autograph, I left feeling like I had spent the entire afternoon 12-4 with Brad and the cup. When Brad left, I was able to touch the Prince of Wales Eastern Conf. Trophy which satisfied me enough. There were upwards of 2000 people in attendance, so it really wasn't realistic to expect personal time with him and the cup. He really did give a good portion of the day to us fans and as a bonus, autographed prints were handed out to everyone in attendance. As I was walking out, there were many leftovers, so I was able to take 20 to give out to family and friends.
    Posted by bennyskylight[/QUOTE]
    Sounds awesome Benny. Good to hear from someone else who was there. It sounds like you had a great day even though you went through a lot to get there. Halifax is a great little city. Hope you had a donair. Cheers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I drove 6 hours to Toronto and then took a 2 hour flight to Halifax to see Marchand and the cup and I was not disappointed at all. There was a parade through the streets of Halifax and then a stage was set up at parade square. Brad and his family answered questions from the fans and host PJ Stock. It was very entertaining and the crowd was continuously cheering "Marshy, Marshy, Marshy". He then went to his actual hometown of Upper Tantallon, NS (30 mins from Halifax) and did a lot of the same things. I was lucky enough to attend both celebrations and even though I wasn't one of the lucky 63 to get an autograph, I left feeling like I had spent the entire afternoon 12-4 with Brad and the cup. When Brad left, I was able to touch the Prince of Wales Eastern Conf. Trophy which satisfied me enough. There were upwards of 2000 people in attendance, so it really wasn't realistic to expect personal time with him and the cup. He really did give a good portion of the day to us fans and as a bonus, autographed prints were handed out to everyone in attendance. As I was walking out, there were many leftovers, so I was able to take 20 to give out to family and friends.
    Posted by bennyskylight[/QUOTE]

Great story benny . It just goes to show you there's always two sides to a story. Some pick out the negative things they don't like and make an issue of it while others like yourself enjoy the moments for what they are worth . Spending a day with the cup , Marchand and an understanding that there might be a few hiccups along the way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You're a bunch of faceless posters : ) in which I don't believe a word ...
    Roler and Dez , leave the bickering to Chowdah.  HA !
    I like reading both your posts and none of you are dense or dumb ; )
    As for Marchand I'm just bummed I could not make it to Halifax and not just to see the cup but would have been a nice trip to a beautiful city.  Lots of fun .
    Now let this thread die.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]You're a bunch of faceless posters : ) in which I don't believe a word ... Roler and Dez , leave the bickering to Chowdah.  HA ! I like reading both your posts and none of you are dense or dumb ; ) As for Marchand I'm just bummed I could not make it to Halifax and not just to see the cup but would have been a nice trip to a beautiful city.  Lots of fun . Now let this thread die.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions who I could bicker with ?