Brad Richards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Brad Richards

TSN is reporting that Dallas is not making an offer to richards so he will be playing somewhere else next year....sure would be nice to see him with a B on his chest. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Brad Richards

It would.  But we have have other needs.  DK/Bergie/Seguin for yrs to come.  get a dman and 2-3rd line winger. 
    Laich/Pitkanen/Raffi  Likely would cost what Richards will command. 
    3.5/3/1 million each

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It would be nice to se him in a Bruins sweater if he signed for the league minimum.  Otherwise, he's the last thing the Bruins need.  They are in the cup final.  They have a very young, talented team.  They don't need to sign a 7+ mil free agent, they just need to keep what they have and fill any holes that come up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I don't get this love affair.  Do the B's really need another high-priced, play-making center with concussion problems?  Pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

No thanks. Makes no sense to throw big longterm money to an aging playing looking for his last big contract.

The team is building the proper way & will need that money to pay up some of there young talent down the road.Plus with Bergeron, Krejci & Seguin developing it makes less sense.

Hopefully the Bs have zero interest in this guy. Upgrade the blueline with the space they have this coming offseason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

The Bruins dont need him we are getting Savy back.

Savy, Krejci, Bergy, Seguin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dallas doesn't have an owner yet is why. Brad Richards will have a Maple Leaf on his chest with a 5-6 year contract at about a 6 or 7 Mil cap hit. Me thinks Dean Lombardi will be in the fray as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

NO WAY ....we got srewed with Kaberle....we dont want Brad Richards

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Chris Botta
    told Brad Richards' first choice is not to sign where hockey's life and there are a lot of reporters. He may not have that choice.

If this is true he's probably not going to be crazy about the Boston sports scene.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

we are all set at center. good player though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I think he's gonna be in NYC next year. As far as free agency goes, I'd like to see us make a run at Jussi Jokinen or Brooks Laich (CAN play the wing pretty well)...likely would cost roughly half of what Richards will demand...3-4 years at 3-3.3M or so for Jokinen/Laich. I see Richards getting 5-6YRS at 6M+.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Sather will give hime like 8 mil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

He is going to the Big Apple!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

We need bigger forwards (6.03+) with speed and skill, not another concussed centermen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

I think the Bruins biggest need is goal scoring wingers.  They need at least 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Who is available next year? Any top notch wingers?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Slim pickings on the UFA list this season. Agree with those above who say it's a year for some depth, but not a big splash. Of course, that all changes in Savard can't return.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Ibn Response to Re: Brad Richards:
    [QUOTE]It would.  But we have have other needs.  DK/Bergie/Seguin for yrs to come.  get a dman and 2-3rd line winger.  Laich/Pitkanen/Raffi  Likely would cost what Richards will command.  3.5/3/1 million each
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. But no Raffi hah Im thinking VAN will retain him at this point.

I know its a pipe dream but i'd be stocked if we could get Yandle and a 5th defenseman better than boychuck.

Chara-Siedes
    Yandle-Kampfer/Kaberle?
    UFA/RFA-McQuaid

Anticipate the development of Seguin and 1 of Suave/Spooner/Caron and the B's allready have a deadly top9. With such a stacked Defense and Thomas or Rask in net I'd say cupfinals would be the expectation once again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I've posted a few times that I would like to see him in Boston. I still think he is that good. He is a #1 center, something we do not have. I mostly wanted him as a Rental for this year, but that time has past.

After seeing Seguin get better and better, I think he'll be the #1 centerman in a few years. So I say pass. 

We need another stud Dman. Campbell from Chicago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I don't see Savard ever coming back and being the player he once was.   Imagine where we would be today with Savard in the lineup playing like his old self!    

Assuming that Savard doesn't come back if we were able to land Richards it would certianly be a huge addition as we don't have a single player capable of putting up the numbers that Richards can.      I love Krejci, but he would have to move back to 2nd line center and Bergeron back to 3rd.    Seguin would be relagated to the wing, and we would have three lines that could compete with most teams first line.

If Savard does come back we are left with pretty much the same scenario, only with Krecji and Bergeron being the top two centers and Savard probably on the 3rd line.   If Savard is able to return and be the player he once was, he'd probably be trade bait, though who knows how that could turn out.

Personally I'd prefer Savard to retire, both because it's safer for him, and because I don't have confidence that he'd be an asset any more.   For the stint that he was back this year, he hurt the team with sub-par play more than he helped

I'd love to see a winger on the team that could score 70 - 80 points, but I don't see a player like that on the market that we can get for a reasonable price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

I am think that they should make a offer on Zach Parise. He is the type of player the Bruins need, a scoring winger that can play in his own end. Giving up the draft picks at this stage is not a big deal. If Sarvard does not come back the money is not an issue either. As far as i am concerned he is the best player that can be had.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards:
    [QUOTE]I've posted a few times that I would like to see him in Boston. I still think he is that good. He is a #1 center, something we do not have. I mostly wanted him as a Rental for this year, but that time has past.   After seeing Seguin get better and better, I think he'll be the #1 centerman in a few years. So I say pass.  We need another stud Dman. Campbell from Chicago.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

if you think we need another stud d man why do you mention campbell? hes an alright d man who next year will have the highest cap hit in the league for a d man. chicago would LOVE to get rid of him. lets hope its not to boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

*If* Savard comes back, I'd love to see him anchor a 3rd line of youngsters for the regular season. He may never be able to carry the weight of 1st line duties, but the Bs don't have to have him in that role next year:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Savard-Caron
    Thornton/Paille-Kelly-Campbell

Wouldn't even have to mix up the lines for the PP...any of those top 3 would work just fine and not create a ripple effect in the shifts to follow.

Spend the $$ on defense for 2012 and focus on a knocking out a couple extensions for Rask, Krejci, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, McQuaid, Boychuck and Peverly who are all up after the 2012-2013 season. Obviously not all will get signed, but there are still too many expiring for one off-season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards:
    [QUOTE]*If* Savard comes back, I'd love to see him anchor a 3rd line of youngsters for the regular season. He may never be able to carry the weight of 1st line duties, but the Bs don't have to have him in that role next year: Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly Seguin-Savard-Caron Thornton/Paille-Kelly-Campbell Wouldn't even have to mix up the lines for the PP...any of those top 3 would work just fine and not create a ripple effect in the shifts to follow. Spend the $$ on defense for 2012 and focus on a knocking out a couple extensions for Rask, Krejci, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, McQuaid, Boychuck and Peverly who are all up after the 2012-2013 season. Obviously not all will get signed, but there are still too many expiring for one off-season.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

you mentioned 8 players whos contracts expire after the 2012-2013 season...of those players you mentioned only one of them actually has a contract that expires after that season

Sections
Shortcuts