Brad Richards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Brad Richards

Huh?
    http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The B's have some young talent in Arneil,Sauve,and Caron that should fill the Rex/Slyder posts, plus Spooner and McKnight coming along. What we need is a defenseman that is smarter than Boychuck, plus a defenseman who is tougher than Kaberle, although Kamfer may fill that role. There's no pressing need for Richards and his salary. Chia could trade Timmy for a solid D or solid scorer[ forget UFAs] because he has the Tuuka/Khabudon [sp?] ready to step in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards:

all those players contracts expire AFTER the 2011-2012 season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Jokinen is a lazy floater.

Laich is much better.

Personally, I would like to see an old style Bruin pop up from somewhere but the chances of that happening are slim to none.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards : all those players contracts expire AFTER the 2011-2012 season
    Posted by thedauber1

Weird. That's what I meant, and I didn't even read my own post accurately. In my head, the urgency was there to get of these guys signed now. I just got the date wrong for some odd reason. Thanks for pointing it out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yes, but it ain't gonna happen!  That more than likely is a good thing! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards : Weird. That's what I meant, and I didn't even read my own post accurately. In my head, the urgency was there to get of these guys signed now. I just got the date wrong for some odd reason. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Posted by asmaha

no problem. i had a feeling you knew what the deal was but i'm guessing there are a lot of people on the site this time of year that wouldn't

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

This team needs another top 6 RW/LW to play on the 2nd line. I dont think Savard will come back from his concussions. So, If Recchi retires. We should get another top player to play with Bergeron and Marchand. I like Peverly and his speed, just dont think its good enough. We could trade Thomas for lets say Jeff Carter or player like him. There will be teams agoing after Thomas so we might as well play this chip right and get a top 6 forward. This team does not need anymore centers. We have drafted like 12 in the last 4 years. We could also use the TOR's draft pick in a trade to get a good forward. Maybe Ryder stays for a smaller contract, like $2.5 a year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

This team needs another top 6 RW/LW to play on the 2nd line. I dont think Savard will come back from his concussions. So, If Recchi retires. We should get another top player to play with Bergeron and Marchand. I like Peverly and his speed, just dont think its good enough. We could trade Thomas for lets say Jeff Carter or player like him. There will be teams agoing after Thomas so we might as well play this chip right and get a top 6 forward. This team does not need anymore centers. We have drafted like 12 in the last 4 years. We could also use the TOR's draft pick in a trade to get a good forward. Maybe Ryder stays for a smaller contract, like $2.5 a year?
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

Seguin will be a top 6 next year...he slides into recchi's spot. Jeff Carter has shown that he is a MUCH weaker player when he plays at wing. you say we don't need more centers but the first guy you mention as targetting is a center? odd. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards : Seguin will be a top 6 next year...he slides into recchi's spot. Jeff Carter has shown that he is a MUCH weaker player when he plays at wing. you say we don't need more centers but the first guy you mention as targetting is a center? odd. 
    Posted by thedauber1

I agree with Seguin sliding into Recchi's spot next year.The 1st line stays the same and we can have Pev,Kelly, and one of the kids(Arniel,Sauve,Caron,etc.)fill out line 3. I'm not against signing a free agent but I honestly don't see a need for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards : I agree with Seguin sliding into Recchi's spot next year.The 1st line stays the same and we can have Pev,Kelly, and one of the kids(Arniel,Sauve,Caron,etc.)fill out line 3. I'm not against signing a free agent but I honestly don't see a need for it.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I can guarantee that a Jokinen or a Laich would put up more points than a Caron, Sauve or Arniel...and likely with ease. These guys are 50+ points men, a Caron or Sauve would be fortunate to get 35-40, imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Some valid pros and cons here on Richards.  My take- let him go to someone else and make a push for Zack Parise.  Parise is a RFA but there is a slim chance NJ will listen to offers.  They are hammered with Kovy's contract and may not have the cap space to pay Parise.  If i were PC, i'd do all i can to get this stud in the Black and Gold!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Some valid pros and cons here on Richards.  My take- let him go to someone else and make a push for Zack Parise.  Parise is a RFA but there is a slim chance NJ will listen to offers.  They are hammered with Kovy's contract and may not have the cap space to pay Parise.  If i were PC, i'd do all i can to get this stud in the Black and Gold!!!
    Posted by stingerjp

Does his injury concern you at all? I'm not really on up to date on how he is progressing. If someone could shed some light on how he's coming along it'd be greatly appreciated!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Richards : I can guarantee that a Jokinen or a Laich would put up more points than a Caron, Sauve or Arniel...and likely with ease. These guys are 50+ points men, a Caron or Sauve would be fortunate to get 35-40, imo.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I guess all I'm saying is that I think we're already pretty much set at forward. Any money spent should go towards shoring up the D (IMO).

Sections
Shortcuts