Braden Dryden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Braden Dryden?

So, after bumbling three of four goals tonight, is Holtby still SCARY and still the big bad rookie goalie?

He looked pretty average tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Braden Dryden?

Even the announcers backed off in their gushing praise in the third.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Braden Dryden?": [QUOTE]So, after bumbling three of four goals tonight, is Holtby still SCARY and still the big bad rookie goalie? He looked pretty average tonight. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Looked average tonight, once the Bruins get rolling, the kid will be letting pucks in from everywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Off speed stuff handcuffs Holtby. Each goal was a result of pucks to the net that weren't blasted or wristed with power.

Just put the puck on net and get him moving. The floodgates will open.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

What do you know?  The goal isn't bricked up behind this guy after all.  That two of Boston's goals scored by Paille and Rolston were accomplished from in close hopefully sets the blueprint for the Bruins on how to continue to make Holtby mortal. 

Those long shots from the wings and top of the Caps' face off circles weren't cutting it especially when it seemed he could get a clear view of them all as no Bruins were near his crease to cause any bother.  Yes.  He's of this world.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Some say he should have had Peverley' shot.  I actually thought it was a great shot, right at his ear where it's hard to put a body part on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If Chara's goal is the start of the team's top six scorers starting to contribute?  I'm not sure it will matter if he is Dryden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

If we keep getting traffic in front of him, Holtby will get frustrated. I have watched him for 3 years in Hershey. He has a bit of a Ron Hextall temper in him. Get bodies in front of him & score some goals that way. Then, he will start slashing, cross-checking & punching. I've seen it in person. If he sees everything, his confidence grows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Last nights game was big for the Bruins in taking some of the aura off of Holtby's play.

I didn't vote because I was looking for the option of throwing the key in the ocean for the locked basement which wasn't there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you're of the Braden Dryden camp, you should know that Marc Crawford's on your side:

"Crawford: I take Braden Holtby, the goaltender for Washington, channeling Ken Dryden. The reason is that in 1970 I was a huge Bobby Orr fan and Ken Dryden broke my heart. I wanted to see the Bruins win and Dryden was the Conn Smythe Trophy winner. I think this is a great story right now: Washington might do it and they might break the Boston Bruins' heart."

If it was me, I would re-think my life if I found out Marc Crawford agreed with me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Braden Dryden?:[QUOTE] If we keep getting traffic in front of him, Holtby will get frustrated. Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

Exactly what they did and he looked like a rookie goalie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Rookie goalie = House of cards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Nice save on Mike Green though. ;-)

Seriously though, Thomas let in 1 less, and the B's won. It was another tight game, and in my opinion, this series can go either way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Three one goal games, and the earliest the winning goal has been scored is with under two minutes left in regulation.  This is where you have to think the series isn't as tight as it looks - the Bruins are used to this, high stakes and all. Experience is a great thing to have.

As for Holtby, sometimes ignorance is the only thing better than experience.  Sometimes you get a kid who doesn't know he's not supposed to be able to do what he's doing, so he just keeps doing it.  Holtby knows now.  Innocence lost.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Braden Dryden?:
    [QUOTE]blah blah blah, gregory's daddy, blah blah, refs, blah blah blah
    Posted by nuII[/QUOTE]

They shut you down. Now you get back in and you've already made four posts.

Your verbal diarrhea looks and smells the same. You must bathe in the stuff.

Boston.com please eradicate this virus, please, again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Braden Dryden?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Braden Dryden? : They shut you down. Now you get back in and you've already made four posts. Your verbal diarrhea looks and smells the same. You must bathe in the stuff. Boston.com please eradicate this virus, please, again.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Look again.