Braden Holtby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Braden Holtby

I know what your going to say, the Bruins helped him out etc..but the kid played well in his first playoff series. Made a real nice save on Seguin in game 5, but the one play that stood out to me and I hope fellow netminders chime in was the Peverley play last night.

Peverley took exception to the shove from Holtby, got up and faked swinging his stick at him. Holtby does not even flinch. Just stared at him. Sorry, but as a goalie I loved it. That is the ultimate message to me of Holtby indicating he has not been rattled yet, and won't be. I'm sure the Caps bench took notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAI8LVonLCs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Braden Holtby

The Caps may have finally found an answer....

Sorry, but the Caps are not your typical 7 seed.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Sure the Bruins offense wasn't challenging him and "helped him out", but the Caps didn't challenge Thomas much more than the Bruins challenged Holtby imo...

He out played the reigning Vezina and Conn Smyth winner. Hope they get to play a series with Philly. That would be a real test for him, he's definitely got the composure and mentality to be good... hope it works out for him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Holtby played well for the most part, thought he was a little shaky at times, games 3, 6 and at times last night but he clearly gives the caps a chance.

Caps were/are not a typical 7 seed, I agree with that.  Although your typical 2 seed has a functioning PP unit, which the Bruins did not.  So there is that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Congrats to the kid for a well played series!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kelvana, are you trying to kill me ?? Enough with this guy. I bet in 2 years we won't even know where he's playng.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

If Holtby has to face the Flyers PP and makes them look like Boston's PP then I'll say he's the real deal. The Bruins never tested him on the PP. Time will tell but the B's were terrible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Braden Holtby:
    Kelvana, are you trying to kill me ?? Enough with this guy. I bet in 2 years we won't even know where he's playng.
    Posted by BsLegion

I couldn't help myself!

Sections
Shortcuts