Brandon Prust on Ottawa coach: "Don’t care what ‘bug-eyed fat walrus has to say"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brandon Prust on Ottawa coach: "Don’t care what ‘bug-eyed fat walrus has to say"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brandon-prust-ottawa-coach-don-t-care-bug-163949272.html

Ottawa Senators, coach Paul MacLean offered his take on whether defenseman Eric Gryba was at fault

"(If I'm Eller), I'm really mad at player 61, whoever he is, because he passed me the puck in the middle of the rink when I wasn't looking," said MacLean. "That's always been a dangerous place as far as I know. Ever since I've been playing this game, that's a dangerous place to be — bad things happen.

"I think it's a hockey play that ended up going badly for Lars Eller."

Brandon Prust of the Montreal Canadiens respectfully disagrees with that assessment, as he told the media on Friday:

“It’s a dirty hit. I’ve watched it over and over. He has the choice to hit him on his front shoulder but he chooses to go to his far shoulder. If you’re going to go across the body like that, because you don’t want that full contact, then you’re going to hit him right in the face.

“Look at all the blood all over the ice. It’s a dirty hit. He’s got a broken face, so, it’s a dirty hit.”

Yeah, he already showed enough disrespect over there. So we don’t really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say.”

Not that this series needed any help but why not add some spice. Love the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Brandon Prust on Ottawa coach:

Craig Stadler must be proud!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Gotta love all this drama.  Prust insisting that a clean hit was a dirty one, MacLean throwing Diaz in the ditch and prenteding he doesn't know his name, then Prust calling MacLean a fat walrus...fantastic.

I kinda like Prust, but does Rule 48 cover hits to the "far shoulder"?  He sounds like a fool.

The play happened so fast that the notion of Gryba trying to decide which shoulder to hit was insane.  He took the hit available, and that was a lot.  Eller was left in a horribly vulnerable position, Gryba took the opportunity to drill him, and he got enough enough of the body to avoid it being 'dirty hit'.  That's about it, except for the well wishes for Eller and his recovery.  Hope he bounces back.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well with pac and gionta out along with ellar, im guessing MTL will go to goon tactics. A few dives along the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Gotta love all this drama.  Prust insisting that a clean hit was a dirty one, MacLean throwing Diaz in the ditch and prenteding he doesn't know his name, then Prust calling MacLean a fat walrus...fantastic.

I kinda like Prust, but does Rule 48 cover hits to the "far shoulder"?  He sounds like a fool.

The play happened so fast that the notion of Gryba trying to decide which shoulder to hit was insane.  Eller was left in a horribly vulnerable position, Gryba took the opportunity to drill him, and he got enough enough of the body to avoid it being 'dirty hit'.  That's about it, except for the well wishes for Eller and his recovery.  Hope he bounces back.  

Thats the way i see it also but some people are saying it shows a lack of respect among players and Gryba shouldn't have hit him. The way i see it if Gryba lets Eller float by causing a 2 on 1, Gryba will be riding the buses in the minors and pronto.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Well with pac and gionta out along with ellar, im guessing MTL will go to goon tactics. A few dives along the way.

Who's their goon?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

With who?  You need goons for goon tactics.  They may ramp up the diving, but I don't think you'll see any goon show.

Toronto dressed a bunch of goons the other night, and they ran around taking bad penalties and engaging in meaningless shoving matches after whistles.  Woefully ineffective.  Hope they keep those guys in the lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

With who?  You need goons for goon tactics.  They may ramp up the diving, but I don't think you'll see any goon show.

Toronto dressed a bunch of goons the other night, and they ran around taking bad penalties and engaging in meaningless shoving matches after whistles.  Woefully ineffective.  Hope they keep those guys in the lineup.

They have Stortini in Hamilton, he's as goon as it gets.   Therrien will not bring him up though, he didn't after fight night midseason against the Leafs the next game they played each other and will not for the playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Thats the way i see it also but some people are saying it shows a lack of respect among players and Gryba shouldn't have hit him. The way i see it if Gryba lets Eller float by causing a 2 on 1, Gryba will be riding the buses in the minors and pronto.

Who is saying this?  

I mean, I get passing on that hit in a pre-season game, but when you get a chance to hammer someone in the playoffs with an open ice hit, you take it.

And you're right about the cost of not making the hit.  If Eller goes by him with speed and the puck, its bad news for Ottawa.  I don't see Anderson saying "Hey Eric, great job letting up on that hit so Eller could come in alone on me.  Glad you didn't knock him down and risk hurting him.  We'll get the goal back."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well im thinking prust and white will play the game without looking at the puck and watch out for subban cheap shots behind the play.

Maybe not goonery but there focus will be on reven ge not the game. This is a game i dont wanna miss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

They have Stortini in Hamilton, he's as goon as it gets.   Therrien will not bring him up though, he didn't after fight night midseason against the Leafs the next game they played each other and will not for the playoffs. 

The day you see Zack Stortini in an NHL playoff game is the day you Colton Or...oh, wait, nevermind.  

I guess it could happen.

It would be dumb though.  Nobody's afraid of Stortini anyhow.  He's the huggy-bear.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Who is saying this?  

I mean, I get passing on that hit in a pre-season game, but when you get a chance to hammer someone in the playoffs with an open ice hit, you take it.

And you're right about the cost of not making the hit.  If Eller goes by him with speed and the puck, its bad news for Ottawa.  I don't see Anderson saying "Hey Eric, great job letting up on that hit so Eller could come in alone on me.  Glad you didn't knock him down and risk hurting him.  We'll get the goal back."

If media and players(Kesler) are saying there is no respect amongst players, i take that as saying Gryba shouldn't have hit Eller.Unless they are inferring that Gryba should have hit him softly. I don't know anymore, i guess shupe is right, hitting will be out of hockey in 5 years or less.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Craig Stadler must be proud!

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They have Stortini in Hamilton, he's as goon as it gets.

lol...I was wondering where huggy-bear went....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

zack bore -tini? was a total rockstar in ohl but not so much in the pros.

go sens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I like Prust but c'mon. 

MacLean pumped in 324 career goals in 719 career games.  He scored 30+ in 8 of his 10 NHL seasons, including being a 3-time 40-goal man.  He also amassed 968 career PIMs with nearly 40 fighting majors.  This was a very accomplished player who also played it tough and honest.

Prust by comparision has 29 career goals in 300+ NHL games, a few less goals than Shawn Thornton.  You have to love a marginal guy like Prust calling out the "disrespect" shown by the opposing coach by calling him names that my 5-year old might also come up with.  Embarrassing comments for him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I like Prust but c'mon. 

MacLean pumped in 324 career goals in 719 career games.  He scored 30+ in 8 of his 10 NHL seasons, including being a 3-time 40-goal man.  He also amassed 968 career PIMs with nearly 40 fighting majors.  This was a very accomplished player who also played it tough and honest.

Prust by comparision has 29 career goals in 300+ NHL games, a few less goals than Shawn Thornton.  You have to love a marginal guy like Prust calling out the "disrespect" shown by the opposing coach by calling him names that my 5-year old might also come up with.  Embarrassing comments for him. 

That's how I saw it too Crowls. He sounded like a child.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes a speed bag.  Maybe the worst fighter behind semin.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

Paul MacLean, soon to be Jack Adams trophy winner... Great job motivating your opponents!  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to Lafleur1979's comment:

Paul MacLean, soon to be Jack Adams trophy winner... Great job motivating your opponents!  

and their opponents  won great job indeed!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

LOL!

That one liner is hilarious.

Great to have you back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Gryba and Ference out for game two in each series against the two favorite teams of Canada, coincedence I think not! Shanahan you stink as a distributor of suspensions! Gryba couldn't have avoided the contact and as far as Ference is concerned that suspension is an absolute joke! So i hope the Bruins and Senators beat Canada's favorite sons!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

You have to love a marginal guy like Prust calling out the "disrespect" shown by the opposing coach by calling him names that my 5-year old might also come up with.  Embarrassing comments for him. 

They weren't out at the bar.  In an interview that may have been being shown or played live, a player can't start dropping F-bomb and referring to the guy as a bloody vag.

Sections
Shortcuts