Breaking Out...or the Lack of it

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Breaking Out...or the Lack of it

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

+1.  And I'll add that we know how historically slow Julien is to make adjustments.  His rigidity "the system" frustrated the heck out of me in that 2009 showdown with Maurice.  Same thing last year against Hunter.  

He needs to have a plan for teams he's going to face.  2011 worked to his favor because those teams didn't play the Maurice/Hunter approach as well.

Can't wait to see the Bruins fully healthy and with Soderberg becuase most of the time when your offense is possesing the puck it can help with a poor breakout. When the Hawks don't have Seabrook and Keith on the ice they can get pinned in like anyone else, this is why they couldn't solve the Ducks.

Still time for adjustments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

+1.  And I'll add that we know how historically slow Julien is to make adjustments.  His rigidity "the system" frustrated the heck out of me in that 2009 showdown with Maurice.  Same thing last year against Hunter.  

He needs to have a plan for teams he's going to face.  2011 worked to his favor because those teams didn't play the Maurice/Hunter approach as well.

Can't wait to see the Bruins fully healthy and with Soderberg becuase most of the time when your offense is possesing the puck it can help with a poor breakout. When the Hawks don't have Seabrook and Keith on the ice they can get pinned in like anyone else, this is why they couldn't solve the Ducks.

Still time for adjustments.

I agree until you mentioned the hawks depth on the back end.  Leddy= good mobile puck mover, as does oduya, as does hjarlmasson(sp) and roszival(sp) is pretty solid as well.   Id trade our top 6 for theirs anyday.  Especially after watching this yrs crew.  

I wouldnt wanna play the ducks.  I think they can shut down the hawks.  

San do you like the ducks as a secondary team.  Ive always been huge on perry/ getz.  I watched the ducks/kings the other night.  Great crowds.  It sounded like more kings fans there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I noticed the "A little intereference wouldn't hurt.  " in the Montreal game.  Their forwards are continually skating in front of the Bs wingers/players.  It is not called interference but it does slow down the offensive play.  Nice analysis.  

In response to asmaha's comment:

Three things:

1. Forwards aren't doing much to get into skating lanes when backchecking. Of course the other team is going to send 1 guy flying and try to put pressure on the Boston defence, but the Bs forwards can't just give them a free pass. A little intereference wouldn't hurt.

2. Defence absolutely need to make quicker decisions with the puck. How many times have we seen Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, etc absorb checks with the puck still on their sticks.

3. Third guy high - on the beakout, the pass from defense to wing along the board has been fine, but the next guy hasn't been open with regularity to chip it out or pass up the middle and out. However, half the time they're not in position because #2 isn't working, so it kind of goes hand in hand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Maybe they need a PMD.

Think PC could lure Jonathan Girard out of retirement?

Poor kid was forced into retirement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Poor kid was forced into retirement.

I know....car accident if memory serves me correct.

Too bad, he had a bright future ahead of him....