Brian Burke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Brian Burke

Just listened to an interview on Sportsnet and Burke said he won't "blame the coach when the players don't perform"(I agree with that).He then went on to say they would be buyers and not sellers this year so it's hard to take anything he says seriously.I'm sure glad he's in Toronto and not Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Brian Burke

I love Brian Burke, he's done a lot for the Bruins.

If only Edmonton, Fla or the Isles would want best power forward in the NHL Blake Wheeler for their 1st round pick.

Of course Stanley would disapprove, but hey...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Burke:
    [QUOTE]I love Brian Burke, he's done a lot for the Bruins. If only Edmonton, Fla or the Isles would want best power forward in the NHL Blake Wheeler for their 1st round pick. Of course Stanley would disapprove, but hey...
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Great idea though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I just don't get Burke, who by all accounts is a smart hockey man (ask Anaheim).  This seems like a classic case of refusing to committ to either rebuilding, or making a run at the Cup (and they are mutually exclusive). 

I think that Burke may have the hubris to think he can dismantle the team, bring in youth, promote rookies, sign some big free agents, and make a run at the Cup all at the same time.  He is rebuilding with the left hand and grabbing veterans to make a Cup run with the right.

The most likely result is failure in both areas.  No rebuilding and no playoff run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't get Burke, who by all accounts is a smart hockey man (ask Anaheim).  This seems like a classic case of refusing to committ to either rebuilding, or making a run at the Cup (and they are mutually exclusive).  I think that Burke may have the hubris to think he can dismantle the team, bring in youth, promote rookies, sign some big free agents, and make a run at the Cup all at the same time.  He is rebuilding with the left hand and grabbing veterans to make a Cup run with the right. The most likely result is failure in both areas.  No rebuilding and no playoff run.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I think you're absolutely right.His ego won't allow him to admit defeat(rebuild).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't get Burke, who by all accounts is a smart hockey man (ask Anaheim).  This seems like a classic case of refusing to committ to either rebuilding, or making a run at the Cup (and they are mutually exclusive).  I think that Burke may have the hubris to think he can dismantle the team, bring in youth, promote rookies, sign some big free agents, and make a run at the Cup all at the same time.  He is rebuilding with the left hand and grabbing veterans to make a Cup run with the right. The most likely result is failure in both areas.  No rebuilding and no playoff run.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

To me he is using the same formula as Anaheim, get some goons, get some goon types who are good and a big scorer or 2 (1 was supposed to be Kessel).  I think he got lucky with that idea in Anaheim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The thing about Anaheim is the formula had already been concocted by Bryan Murray before Burke got there. Burke traded for Pronger all right and he got Neidermayer via free agency but those deals were basically gimmes. Neidermayer wanted to play with his brother Rob and Pronger wanted out of Edmonchuk and his used to be good friend Kevin Lowe accommodated him. Burke is way over rated in my book and is likely a low rent narcississist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I love Brian Burke, he's done a lot for the Bruins. If only Edmonton, Fla or the Isles would want best power forward in the NHL Blake Wheeler for their 1st round pick. Of course Stanley would disapprove, but hey...
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    LOL!