BRING JUMBO JOE HOME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

BRING JUMBO JOE HOME

LOL got ya!  It actully wouldnt be that bad of an idea as a secondary role.  But I just could not watch him go through the motions in the playoffs for 6 or 7 million. Anyway there are days I miss big Joe on the poweplay!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: BRING JUMBO JOE HOME

I'd take Joe back in a second.  He would make the team complete in the absence of a healthy Savard.  This weight of the world would not be on him and there would be less pressure.  This time around you have Chara for leadership by example, Lucic for toughness, Thomas/Rask for goaltending, etc etc etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Not happening-- NEXT!

On second thought--- it would be hilarious to once again read the hate articles from KPD and that would confirm that he is probably the worst other then Shaughnessy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd be happy enough to see him in Boston - for the same deal Savard signed.  Sign for $7M and you have to deal with pressure, do more than just make passes from the half wall etc., because the team doesn't have as much cash to sign guys to do the things you could but don't want to.

The biggest reason it's not happening is he's not worth his pay cheque.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

this is what the allstar game does to people

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Playoff no show, no thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In a freakin sec, wish we had this talent support here when he was here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: BRING JUMBO JOE HOME:
    [QUOTE]In a freakin sec, wish we had this talent support here when he was here.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE] Where you working now goat? I've got a cushy gig in Dawson creek for the winter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Absolutely. I second that; 'In a freakin' sec.'

A 'Playoff non-peformer'? You mean, unlike Marc Savard? Or Zdeno Chara? Or Patrice Bergeron? Or Tim Thomas? And I like those guys.

Unlike Claude Julien? Peter Chiarelli?....

not a lotta 'Playoff perfomance' to speak of there...

The Bruins are going to need a 'horse' of a centre and a good one and pronto, and Joe Thornton has more Playoff experience than almost the entire Bruins line-up combined.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely. I second that; 'In a freakin' sec.' A 'Playoff non-peformer'? You mean, unlike Marc Savard? Or Zdeno Chara? Or Patrice Bergeron? Or Tim Thomas? And I like those guys. Unlike Claude Julien? Peter Chiarelli?.... not a lotta 'Playoff perfomance' to speak of there... The Bruins are going to need a 'horse' of a centre and a good one and pronto, and Joe Thornton has more Playoff experience than almost the entire Bruins line-up combined.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE] Doesn't that just mean he has failed on a more consistent basis then the players you mentioned? The new magic man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

'pauly1'; No that's not what that means.

Like so many players out there, Joe Thornton has failed to win a Cup. If that is the measure of success or failure, well then Thornton is FAR from alone. 25 guys out 600 win it every year.

In most recent years, the Sharks have had no goaltending - Nabokov let those teams down routinely and spectacularly - and they may not have solved that problem.
    Goaltending clearly, is not a problem with this year's Bruins.

The Bruins need a centre. Talking about a Joe Thornton return is absurd, but not because the Bruins could ABSOLUTELY use him right now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Even forgetting about what would need to be done to fit in JT's contract, the fact is, he has scored a total of 19 goals, in 105 playoff games.
    This team already have enough guys that can't score. Why bring in another one?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

We need a playoff performer, not a playoff no-show. 
    Enjoy the warm left cost weather Joe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Right. I forgot who I was talking to. The Bruins are too deep, too experienced, too good for Joe Thornton. Hilarious.

This was Mike O'Connell's mistake - a mistake that killed his career - you don't have to make it yours.

I have no doubt that if it had been our beloved Peter Chiarelli who took over the GM reins from Harry Sinden, Joe Thornton would still be with Bruins today.
    And yes, so would Zdeno Chara.

As impolitic and ill-timed as it is to say, Marc Savard has not been an improvement on Joe Thornton. Not in numbers, not in performance and certainly not in endurance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

....and I'll play this game, a little....

In San Jose, Marleau and Heatley, who both make comparable money to Thornton, have both performed in the Playoffs..comparably.

Joe's +/- is worse, but is probably a sign that he was on the ice in all crucial moments.

to bring it full circle to the start of the thread...

if the Bruins are as good as everyone here says, well then, they should be able to do what the Sharks never could without a Joe Thornton. But, one thing's almost certain, without a healthy #1 Centre it will be a near-insurmountable task

Yes. Bring Joe back.
    (or someone just like him...)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

We'll never get him back, but it would be a coup and would be a great replacement for Savard.

Anyone who thinks Joe wouldn't make the Bruins automatically better--WAY better--simply doesn't understand hockey. He was a phenomenal player run out fo town by idiot sportswriters who talked about "heart" and "grit" and a million other nonsensical buzz words that ignored his pure talent. Amd what did we get for him???

Nothing. Literall--now that Sturm is gone--NOTHING. By far one of the worst trades in sports history.

And as noted above, there are scores of great players in this league who never won a Cup. Ovehckin never did. Wouldn't want HIM on the Bruins. No way.

Moronic.

Plus, every Thornton hater conveniently forgets that he played the 2004 series v. Montreal w/broken ribs and never complained and used it as an excuse. Yeah--no heart.

What a joke some people who claim to be hockey fans are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRING JUMBO JOE HOME : Where you working now goat? I've got a cushy gig in Dawson creek for the winter.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Was at Firebag, now just wating for next call.  Expect to be back there or close by in the next few weeks.

Came home for X-mas and got the layoff in Jan, kept minimal staff on until spring, and in numbers game, they only kept westerners on.  Cest la vie.

Dawson Creek, you in show biz now.lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sure he can go back to St. Thomas, Ontario to try n help the Laffs. He and Phillaparazzi would do wonders for each other how to hide when the hitting starts. Maybe they could convince Crag Janney to come out of retirement to help complete the stellar hard nosed line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Oh, 'Hard-nosed'. I see. I didn't realize. I didn't understand. 'Hard-nosed' is what you're after? Well it's a good thing the Bruins have 'hard-nosed' covered.

With the exception of Chara and Lucic, if this year's edition of the Bruins is 'hard-nosed', well then Joe Thornton is Roberto Duran

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You can add McQuaid, Campbell, Stuart, Bergeron, Recchi, Seidenberg and Ference to your "hard nosed list" as well. Nobody on this board cares what Jumbo does in San Jose or anywhere else because he simply doesn't matter especially when Joltless Joe didn't do anything when it mattered in Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]We'll never get him back, but it would be a coup and would be a great replacement for Savard. Anyone who thinks Joe wouldn't make the Bruins automatically better--WAY better--simply doesn't understand hockey. He was a phenomenal player run out fo town by idiot sportswriters who talked about "heart" and "grit" and a million other nonsensical buzz words that ignored his pure talent. Amd what did we get for him??? Nothing. Literall--now that Sturm is gone--NOTHING. By far one of the worst trades in sports history. And as noted above, there are scores of great players in this league who never won a Cup. Ovehckin never did. Wouldn't want HIM on the Bruins. No way. Moronic. Plus, every Thornton hater conveniently forgets that he played the 2004 series v. Montreal w/broken ribs and never complained and used it as an excuse. Yeah--no heart. What a joke some people who claim to be hockey fans are.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
       It's just not about winning the cup, it's about performing, in the playoffs.
    THORNTON has 19 goals in 105 playoff games. OVECHKIN has 20 goals in 28 playoff games.
    So, yes, I would want Ovechkin on the bruins.He actually elevates his game in the playoffs. That's what great players do.
    As far as the trade goes, there is no way you can say the bruins received nothing.
    No one will ever say the bruins got the best of that deal, but they did get back 3 decent players, and more importantly, the cap space to help sign Chara
    and Savard.
    It also allowed them to be in a position to draft Kessel, so as long as Seguin, Knight, and ?, are in the orginization, you can never really say the bruins have nothing to show for the Thornton trade :)  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

SJ can keep him. Ya I hated it when he left Boston, but honestly hes a regular season player and for as big as he his he should be hitting people...I think he's soft and tries to be a finesse player, barely touches anyone on the ice. Dont get me wrong, hes a great player, but Ive never really been a fan of his style of play. I really think too many of you get caught up in a NAME and dont really know what the heck you are talking about. Thornton doesnt fit in Boston and never did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

No, he's never coming back.  Never.  When I saw him smile like a happy little boy while shaking hands with Jose Theodore after losing in the playoffs ... that just steamed my carrots.  Never.  Never.  Never.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]No, he's never coming back.  Never.  When I saw him smile like a happy little boy while shaking hands with Jose Theodore after losing in the playoffs ... that just steamed my carrots.  Never.  Never.  Never.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    I remember that also, as if it were yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes .Could you picture O'Reilly,Neely,Cashman,Esposito,Orr,Bergeron or countless other B's do that. Not in a million years. What it showed me was Jumbo Joe was a good loser. Joe's in a perfect place right now, S.J, surfs up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

If Jumbo Joe was a Bruin at the same contract as Savvy's, I take that in a heart beat.  

Joe takes a lot of heat for failures, the way I saw most of San Jose's short comings in the playoffs.  It was Nabby that was horrible!