Bring the Pens!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Bring the Pens!

This will be tough, what the B`s would do to beat the Pens? What are our chances?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Bring the Pens!

Bruins in 6!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Bruins in 6!

Yeahhhh dude let`s go to the finals!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The Pens have the edge up front but I think the Bruins are stronger on D and definitely stronger in goal. They have to drive the net because Vokoun gives up lots of rebounds.  They need to stay out of the box because the Pens power play is deadly.  Other than that play Bruins hockey, get pucks deep, forecheck and slow their stars down in the neutral zone and they have a shot.

Bruins in 7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I see the B's approaching this like they approached the Finals in 2011.  They will need to be physical and play with an edge without taking penalties.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Karma baby get Iginla.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

The Pens have the edge up front but I think the Bruins are stronger on D and definitely stronger in goal. They have to drive the net because Vokoun gives up lots of rebounds.  They need to stay out of the box because the Pens power play is deadly.  Other than that play Bruins hockey, get pucks deep, forecheck and slow their stars down in the neutral zone and they have a shot.

Bruins in 7.

Bingo. Defense wins cups. We got the Pens beat in defense and goaltending. If we play smart, I like our chances.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

This will be the weakest goalie the B's face in the playoffs.  We need do a lot of forechecking, get a lot of shots on net and be there for rebounds.  Our defense can't lose focus for one minute. Lots of physical play on their stars and we will be fine.  B's in 6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

BRUINS IN FOUR!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I see the B's approaching this like they approached the Finals in 2011.  They will need to be physical and play with an edge without taking penalties.

Yeah I remember in 2011, the Canucks were the favorites by far, but in the end we WON

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

The biggest key is to stay out of the penalty box.  I think the Bruins defensive system will work well in containing Crosby and possibly test his composure.  Malkin worries me from a matchup standpoint.  I think he'll be Chara's assignment this series, and hopefully the blueline depth allows him some extra rest so he's fresh for this assignment.  Letang has put up some monster numbers this postseason, but I think staying out of the box and limiting their two stars can go a long way in slowing him down.

Then again, if I've learned anything from watching the Playoffs over the years it's that any previous trends, series, seasons etc. can often be thrown out the window when predicting a new series.  At this point, it wouldn't shock me if the Bruins move on and their superior power play is cited as the biggest reason why.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Are the B's allowed to body check crosby or will it be a penalty every time?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Good question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

Ask NHLOA...on second thought, please don't!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Viewing pitts first two rounds get ready for lots of penalties.  No team including montreal flops as much and gets every break.  Pitt is 4 lines deep.  Have a solid top 3 def and the others fit in well.  Vokoun is playing like hes back in florida.  Pitt got two teams that many had at the bottom of the league at seasons start with very little experience.  IF pitt can beat boston i will tip my cap.   This is gonna be an amazing series if the refs let them play.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

The Bruins are going to have to figure a way to try and slow down the potent Pitt offense. Be physical, but be smart. Biggest test for Rask in his career so far. I hope he finds a way to keep the Pens off the board and the B's can find a way to get some of those juicy rebounds behind Vokoun. 

This should be a great series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

The Bruins are going to have to figure a way to try and slow down the potent Pitt offense. Be physical, but be smart. Biggest test for Rask in his career so far. I hope he finds a way to keep the Pens off the board and the B's can find a way to get some of those juicy rebounds behind Vokoun. 

This should be a great series.

Must must make letang pay.  Everytime he touches the puck.  If the can neutralize him i like our chances. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

This will be tough, what the B`s would do to beat the Pens? What are our chances?

Bruins chances are pretty good, goaltenting does it every time. Bruins in 6.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hi patches do you catch another movie tonight?