Bring up Caron and bench Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Bring up Caron and bench Seguin

Its time. Seguin is not cutting it out there. Turnover after turnover after turnover. As the hurracaines raised their intensity, Seguin became Joe Thornton part 2. 

He is suppose to play wing tonight but he keeps wanting to play around the middle area. He seems scared to be close to the boards.

Seguin was benched in the last 5 min of the 1st period and the Bruins suddenly started to dominate the hurracaines. 

Its time to bring up Caron who can play nhl hockey 

Seguin can be that extra forward playing in practice, doing heavy weightlifting, watching tapes, and getting hungry to want to play. 

I'm not stating to bench him for the rest of the season but have him earn his minutes on the ice. He looks like a pilon out there right now and i hate his passive attitude. (please don't throw this , he is only 18 rookie crap. Watch Skinner)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bring up Caron and bench Seguin

In Response to Bring up Caron and bench Seguin:
    [QUOTE]Its time. Seguin is not cutting it out there. Turnover after turnover after turnover. As the hurracaines raised their intensity, Seguin became Joe Thornton part 2.  He is suppose to play wing tonight but he keeps wanting to play around the middle area. He seems scared to be close to the boards. Seguin was benched in the last 5 min of the 1st period and the Bruins suddenly started to dominate the hurracaines.  Its time to bring up Caron who can play nhl hockey  Seguin can be that extra forward playing in practice, doing heavy weightlifting, watching tapes, and getting hungry to want to play.  I'm not stating to bench him for the rest of the season but have him earn his minutes on the ice. He looks like a pilon out there right now and i hate his passive attitude. (please don't throw this , he is only 18 rookie crap. Watch Skinner)
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Sure thing coach.Keep on posting eh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Its time. Seguin is not cutting it out there. Turnover after turnover after turnover. As the hurracaines raised their intensity, Seguin became Joe Thornton part 2....   (please don't throw this , he is only 18 rookie crap. Watch Skinner)
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

We can only hope he becomes a Hart and Art Ross Trophy winner.

Skinner, Skinner, Skinner.  Remember when Samsonov won the Calder and Thornton didn't?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

dezaruchi actually you would be the worst coach. You would play Seguin 1st line and let the turnovers keep coming

did you ready upon what "deserving" means? 

get a clue my friend

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Its time. Seguin is not cutting it out there. Turnover after turnover after turnover. As the hurracaines raised their intensity, Seguin became Joe Thornton part 2.  He is suppose to play wing tonight but he keeps wanting to play around the middle area. He seems scared to be close to the boards. Seguin was benched in the last 5 min of the 1st period and the Bruins suddenly started to dominate the hurracaines.  Its time to bring up Caron who can play nhl hockey  Seguin can be that extra forward playing in practice, doing heavy weightlifting, watching tapes, and getting hungry to want to play.  I'm not stating to bench him for the rest of the season but have him earn his minutes on the ice. He looks like a pilon out there right now and i hate his passive attitude. (please don't throw this , he is only 18 rookie crap. Watch Skinner)
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE] Yawn

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bring up Caron and bench Seguin:
    [QUOTE]dezaruchi  actually you would be the worst coach. You would play Seguin 1st line and let the turnovers keep coming did you ready upon what "deserving" means?  get a clue my friend
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Skinner just had a bad 2nd period.Where's your Messiah now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

How did he have a bad period? He got knocked down, because he sacrifices his body to make a play. 

He doesn't turnover the puck and plays with intensity. 

You kidding me?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Seguin benched in the 3rd period. 

Who is going to start the fire CJ thread now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bring up Caron and bench Seguin : We can only hope he becomes a Hart and Art Ross Trophy winner. Skinner, Skinner, Skinner.  Remember when Samsonov won the Calder and Thornton didn't?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Joe Thornton may have a illustrious regular season career but his playoffs career is a joke for a guy with his skills. 

I can't imagine 1 smart gm taking Thornton vs Samsonov on a playoffs roster

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Add 10 pounds of muscle and who knows what could happen?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

I agree 100%!!! Seguin is having a tuff time of it, and Caron is more mature and NHL ready to bring it now for a playoff drive!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]Add 10 pounds of muscle and who knows what could happen?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

I hope so. When you see a little guy like Briere try to check Chara down, i don't know what difference it makes if you put on 40 pounds of muscles. 

You need to have a killer instinct/pitbull mentality to excel in the nhl. Guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg are not dirty players but they will do the dirty work to win

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As Dez wisely stated earlier, if you agree with yaz, you're probably wrong.  Fortunately nobody agrees with him.

Seguin looks timid and a little overmatched some games, just like Stamkos did as a rookie.  There's only one way to learn...

And yeah, that would be horrible if he ended up like Joe Thornton and put up 90+ points year after year and became a perennial all-star...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The Briuins CAN send him back to juniors.  They are not going to, nor should they.  The season would still count against his three year entry level contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

as far off as you were on the thomas thread, i would agree with you here. I saw some good things from Caron before he was sent out..Seguin definitely has not adjusted to the big boys yet...will take a while...I'd bring in Caron...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

He just turned 19 days ago and has half an NHL season behind him and he should be benched for lack of progress?? Why not just bench fans with unrealistic expectations?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I'm a big Seguin supporter but I'll be the first to admit it looks as though he has regressed out there.  I'm not sure if it's part of his maturation process or something else, but I most definitely think 6min of ice time is a little ridiculous.  If CJ is not happy with his play, which he clearly isn't, he should have Seguin watch from above for a couple games.  

I think this kid is going to be a great player but the time line for him being a contributor to the team has clearly been extended.  I won't blame it all on CJ, but as I have stated before I don't feel like he is the right coach to help that progression.  

And for those who joke about the fire CJ threads it certainly isn't about Seguin its about his handle or lack there of on this team....it appears as though this team is playing hard again...I have a hard time saying their playing well though when the 4th line is expected to contribute consistently on O.  Thank God Thomas is playing out of his mind.

One last thought and one that doesn't shed very good light on Seguin....last I checked he is 87th in rookies in hits with something like 9 or 11 all season.  I've seen him in person and the kid isn't small in fact he's pretty big, he doesn't need to be Mike Richards out there but he needs to get a little dirty (not play dirty) and lay a hit every once and a while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

I agree with you on seguin it seems he does'nt want to get in the mix of it all if you watch when he tries to stick check it's half hearted.Seems like he does'nt like to go into the corners to fight for loose pucks or get in the scrum.Maybe Julien has something to do with his confidence could be worried about making a mistake .On the other hand he does have one helluva quick release on his onetimers that should be utilized in games.You could compare his one timers to Stamkos it really is that quick does anybody disagree I like to hear

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

finally a poster who gets it, seguin is a great prospect but he's 18 and lost out there....the games are only gonna get tougher from here on out....bring up caron big body and older.... julien benching him is just wasting a spot and making the other guys tired  time for tyler to sit for whats best for this team now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. He is out of position all the time no matter what position he is playing. Caron brings what Seguin needs to watch from the press box. Seguin is getting the WHEELER Disease and it needs to be hammered home that it is not acceptable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Last nite it appeared that Seguin is not ready for full time work at center. Some of his hesitancy is because he has been shifted all over the team, not exactly the best coaching move. I love Caron's play and would rather see Thornton's lack of skills depart. It's time to bring up Hamill; add wheeler to Campbell and Paille.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

You can't really blame CJ in all of this. He was handcuffed to keep Seguin in the roster this year. You know if it were up to him, Caron would have been never sent down in the first place

Like uppercut stated, you have to know how to work the boards to even be a mediocre player in the nhl. Bergeron and Lucic worked it exceptionally well even before their first nhl game started and thats one of the big reasons they stayed

Seguin has the ability to work the boards using his skating especially, but needs to embrace the hits, battles etc.

I pray every game that i watch that Seguin will turn into closer to a Sakic/Yzerman and not Daigle/Stefan