Brodeur

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Re: Brodeur

I was thinking this exact same thing as I watched the game.  Brodeur looked awful.  He should probably just retire.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Those who argued that Brodeur's success was a product of the team's system and talent saw their argument supported tonight.  As shaky as Brodeur looked, his team looked worse. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As I stated on the Bruins Blog during the game a younger Broduer would have easily gotten to 2 of those goals easily. Having said that he's still the greatest goalie I've ever seen when he was in his prime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

i didnt even know it was brodeur til the 2nd period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

You're just noticing that now? No offense, but he's been past his prime for a couple of years now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Brodeur has seen better days and is still a very good goalie but there are more problems in Jersy than him because the Devils do have alot of talent on that team. I have to say I'm very happy the Bruins didn't get Kolvy. I think he is the problem not the cure for Jersy, good luck with all that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

In Response to Re: Brodeur:
    You're just noticing that now? No offense, but he's been past his prime for a couple of years now.
    Posted by duinne

no he has had some great years the past couple of years with the exception the year he got hurt and Thomas won the Vezina.  He actually still managed to post 45 wins and 9 shutouts last year but he just seems slower and is giving up softer goals. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He is a legend, but no one plays forever and yes this should be his last year.
    But he has an ex wife so with that kind of money he will hang on past his prime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

When I was much younger 7-13 years old my favorite team were the Devil's. I was born in NJ But I just liked that team. I liked the game they played I loved Stevens and Broduer. They were awesome I remember being pumped that Marty was the Starter in the All Star game one year.

Sadly Marty is getting too old, and now that he is on a team that is finally not midpack or better talent-wise he's running into troubles. I mean that Ryder goal last night wasnt very good, it was a snipe but Marty couldve(shoulda) had that. I hope this is his last year as the Devils appear to be spiraling into a prolonged slump Id hate to see those career #'s tarnished.

Give em hell Marty!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brodeur:
    Posted by duinne

yeah,it's been at least 2 years since Brodeur has had a strong playoffs.It used to be he would steal games for the Devils but he's actually been the main reason for some losses  in the last few playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Yeah, Brodeur is done. The Ryder goal was a terrible one to give up and the other two were plenty stoppable too. My 93 year old grandmother probably could've stopped those. Doesn't matter though. I'm just glad the Bruins won.

Sections
Shortcuts