Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps.

6 years $27million.

Salaries are inflating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps.

In Response to Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps.:
    [QUOTE]6 years $27million. Salaries are inflating.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Yep, the players are getting a jump with the increased cap, as expected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Three 20 goal seasons, never more than 60 points in a campaign and Brooks gets 4.5Mil per hmmm. Ryder's agent has a big smile right about now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

And to think, crazy season hasn't even started yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci gets way more than this! Sorry cheapo bruins fans

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps.:
    [QUOTE]Three 20 goal seasons, never more than 60 points in a campaign and Brooks gets 4.5Mil per hmmm. Ryder's agent has a big smile right about now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed...there are differences between the two players, but it looks like Ryder is gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Three 20 goal seasons, never more than 60 points in a campaign and Brooks gets 4.5Mil per hmmm. Ryder's agent has a big smile right about now.
    Brooks is worth that. He brings so many things to the team that help his team win, yet don't all end up on the box score sheet. Answer me this, is Bergy, with his offensive skills, a $5M/YR player? You could make a real strong case that he isn't. But, he does so many little things to help us win. The exact same thing can be said for Laich.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Laitch is a fine player, but Bergeron is a major step above and beyond. Bergie more then once just lifted this entire team up, that takes special skills and commitment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Yep, most of the FA are being over paid.  Time to bring up some more rookies for tryouts... Caron, Sauve, Arniel, Knight, Hamilton, Alexandrov, Bartkowski.  I say save the money for a superstar FA, ie. Taylor Hall... who has Bruins written all over him.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, most of the FA are being over paid.  Time to bring up some more rookies for tryouts... Caron, Sauve, Arniel, Knight, Hamilton, Alexandrov, Bartkowski.  I say save the money for a superstar FA, ie. Taylor Hall... who has Bruins written all over him.    
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us[/QUOTE]
    I'd like to see that, but the chances of that happening, imo, are slim and none. He seems like he really likes Edmonton, and he likes playing with his best friend, Jordan Eberle. Plus, Edmonton will barely be at the salary cap floor for the next few years. Unless that is because they are experiencing financial problems, they can match any offer sheet thrown at Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi...and likely with ease.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, most of the FA are being over paid.  Time to bring up some more rookies for tryouts... Caron, Sauve, Arniel, Knight, Hamilton, Alexandrov, Bartkowski.  I say save the money for a superstar FA, ie. Taylor Hall... who has Bruins written all over him.    

W-t-f?? How in the? He has 2more years left on his deal and at that point he'd be an RFA if he scores over 30 each of those next 2 years look to 5-6+mil at which point the comp would be like a 1st a 2nd and 3rd or more.

Just stupid, unless you were kidding?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not stating Brooks is overrated or being over paid just stating what the market will bear. Agents n GMs are already prepping for a possible lock out first year of the contract is over 6Mil so expect front loaded contracts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

True that, but, you never know. Crazier things happened. I mean, look at the Flyers (never would've thought both, Mike Richard and Joe Carter to be traded in the same year).  But, we'll see when the time comes.  Remember Orr is his agent, and if Edmonton doesn't improve by then, he might make the move.    

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : I'd like to see that, but the chances of that happening, imo, are slim and none. He seems like he really likes Edmonton, and he likes playing with his best friend, Jordan Eberle. Plus, Edmonton will barely be at the salary cap floor for the next few years. Unless that is because they are experiencing financial problems, they can match any offer sheet thrown at Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi...and likely with ease.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : W-t-f?? How in the? He has 2more years left on his deal and at that point he'd be an RFA if he scores over 30 each of those next 2 years look to 5-6+mil at which point the comp would be like a 1st a 2nd and 3rd or more. Just stupid, unless you were kidding?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]True that, but, you never know. Crazier things happened. I mean, look at the Flyers (never would've thought both, Mike Richard and Joe Carter to be traded in the same year).  But, we'll see when the time comes.  Remember Orr is his agent, and if Edmonton doesn't improve by then, he might make the move.       In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. :

Joe carter? really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : W-t-f?? How in the? He has 2more years left on his deal and at that point he'd be an RFA if he scores over 30 each of those next 2 years look to 5-6+mil at which point the comp would be like a 1st a 2nd and 3rd or more. Just stupid, unless you were kidding?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

That's what I mean, 2 yrs from now... Never know Hall might not to stay with Edm by then.  If the man can put up the points as you said, then he would be worth the price tag and comp.  But, of course I'm not going to hold my breath. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nuts.
    Caps were stuck as teams like Montreal or Toronto would have offered those figures.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

somewhere shupe is sobbing and saying "theres still torres, theres still torres"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Not stating Brooks is overrated or being over paid just stating what the market will bear. Agents n GMs are already prepping for a possible lock out first year of the contract is over 6Mil so expect front loaded contracts.

We have been getting along for 2 straight days so I am not going all crazy on you.  The cycle of violence must end.  I did state Brooks may approach the 5 million mark and figured he would stay in Washington.  He is twice the hockey player ryder is for the record.  I can name numerous guys that may have a few more goals.  But answer me this by new reborn friend.  Who would you rather have Brooks Laich and his never miss a shift, die hard mentality who can play ever role possible.  OR Kessel who will likely score 40 a year but never score a meaningful goal. 
    I would take one Laich over 6 Kessels. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : We have been getting along for 2 straight days so I am not going all crazy on you.  The cycle of violence must end.  I did state Brooks may approach the 5 million mark and figured he would stay in Washington.  He is twice the hockey player ryder is for the record.  I can name numerous guys that may have a few more goals.  But answer me this by new reborn friend.  Who would you rather have Brooks Laich and his never miss a shift, die hard mentality who can play ever role possible.  OR Kessel who will likely score 40 a year but never score a meaningful goal.  I would take one Laich over 6 Kessels. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Laich is a great player shupe, I really like his game. a poor mans bergeron is a great thing to be. i just didn't think there was any room on the team for him is all. I agree with you on Laich, not on torres

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : Brooks is worth that. He brings so many things to the team that help his team win, yet don't all end up on the box score sheet. Answer me this, is Bergy, with his offensive skills, a $5M/YR player? You could make a real strong case that he isn't. But, he does so many little things to help us win. The exact same thing can be said for Laich.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    I'll wait while you make that case..........
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : Joe carter? really?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

My bad, I meant Jeff Carter.  Thanks!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brooks Laich re-signs with Caps. : I'll wait while you make that case.......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

You could argue the case that Bergie is worth 6 million more so than he isnt.  I place him in the top 10 fwds in the league.  Yup, might be a little over the top.  But he does everything well and is the best faceoff guy in the world. 
    I am always paying people before they have earned it.  I was wrong in both Bergie and Lucic's case.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

pickings are getting slim, according to tsn Pitkanen re-ups with the 'Canes....