Bros before Hos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bros before Hos

Executives tend to prefer collegiality over short term business results -- this is as true on Wall Street as it is on Causeway, de la Gauchitierre, or Bloore St. If you think CJ will be fired before (i) Burke fires Wilson (toronto), (ii) McPhee fires Boudreau (washington),  or (iii) Murray fires Clouston (ottawa), you just don't understand business or you're ignoring the business aspect of the game. Say what you want about the system, but CJ and PC are friends and CJ will be given a longer leash than Wilson (who is only around because of his relationship with his GM), Boudreau, and Clouston (and rightfully so).

It's clear that CJ has to do something to shake up the system, and please don't construe the above statements to mean otherwise, but until (at least one of) the above are fired, PC will have a lot of leeway and no pressure to make a coaching change.

(I'd add Lindy Ruff to the list of coaches who should be fired before CJ, but the Ruff-Regeir relationship is actually a good example of what I am saying)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: Bros before Hos

wrong. Claude will be gone by mid Jan. This what it looks like when a team is saying, "we don't want this guy as our coach anymore." 

once that point is reached, it almost never goes back in the other direction. this team is embarrassing to watch for long stretches and they really don't seem to be bothered by it.

that's when you need to bring in a strong personality and make some tough decisions.

course there are some fans who (probably never played a sport in their lives  and have no clue about the dynamics involved in a locker room) say "it's just the players' fault" LOL. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Bros before Hos:
    [QUOTE]wrong. Claude will be gone by mid Jan. This what it looks like when a team is saying, "we don't want this guy as our coach anymore."  once that point is reached, it almost never goes back in the other direction. this team is embarrassing to watch for long stretches and they really don't seem to be bothered by it. that's when you need to bring in a strong personality and make some tough decisions. course there are some fans who (probably never played a sport in their lives  and have no clue about the dynamics involved in a locker room) say "it's just the players' fault" LOL. 
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

So you don't think that any of the teams mentioned in my post have said "we dont want this guy as our coach anymore"? You'd really rather have Wilson, Clouston, or Boudreau behind the bench? Or you just want CJ gone and anyone can do better than a former Jack Adams winner?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bros before Hos : So you don't think that any of the teams mentioned in my post have said "we dont want this guy as our coach anymore"? You'd really rather have Wilson, Clouston, or Boudreau behind the bench? Or you just want CJ gone and anyone can do better than a former Jack Adams winner?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Yeah it's easy for fans to say replace the coach.Not so easy to name a better replacement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bros before Hos : Yeah it's easy for fans to say replace the coach.Not so easy to name a better replacement.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ted Nolan

(also, a significant upgrade in emotion:  My dead grandmother)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

It's not that hard to think of a replacement...

Go to fullsize image " OK, GUYS DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES AS MUCH AS BEFORE, START TAKING THE BODY OR YOU'RE SITTING, SOMEBODY KILL MATT COOKE, BLAH BLAH BLAH" 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's not that hard to think of a replacement...    www.99andbarry.com/2008_05_01_archive.html " width="109" height="160" />  " OK, GUYS DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES AS MUCH AS BEFORE, START TAKING THE BODY OR YOU'RE SITTING, SOMEBODY KILL MATT COOKE, BLAH BLAH BLAH"  
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Well don't just say it.Who are they?NAS is right about Nolan and I like O'reilly but the list isn't very long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Well done to the fortune teller who posted this...Cool

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/12/23/chiarelli_julien_is_not_on_thin_ice/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bros before Hos : Ted Nolan (also, a significant upgrade in emotion:  My dead grandmother)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL, might be an upgrade of emotion but the lone fact theat he slept with Hasek wife while he was his coach shows me he might be too emotional!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bros before Hos : Ted Nolan (also, a significant upgrade in emotion:  My dead grandmother)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And I wasn't sure if we would ever agree on anything NAS.  Well close enough anyways.

Re: Who does Cam go after?

posted at 12/17/2010 4:07 PM EST

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b3b021c2397fd14c2002ba50e13e2933&plckUserId=b3b021c2397fd14c2002ba50e13e2933">
    First: 7/23/2009
    Last: 12/23/2010
    I personally do not want Milbury. I liked him the first time through, so maybe I'm just letting my feelings for him as an analyst get in the way.  Anyways I like CJ and he is clearly not doing a good job so likability from a fans perspective or players is obviously not a primary concern.  With this team two things are of primary concern.  Number 1 effort and consistency.  Number 2 a coherent offensive system.  I think Milbury gets the consistent effort but I don't recall him being a tatician, I guess he could give Jarvis more control of gameplanning, but that begs the question, should Jarvis be considered.

Off of your list nitemare my favorite is the longest shot.  I love Ted Nolan, but ever since he loved Hasek's wife he's kind of been blackballed, and I think that's understandable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I actually really like Ted Nolan and if CJ ever goes, then he's a guy I'd love to see the B's give a shot. Was always good wherever he went and he has an interesting (Tim Thomas-esque) story

Sections
Shortcuts