Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much...

I guess this will end the Bobby Ryan speculation, at least for now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2011-12-01/ducks-fire-randy-carlyle-hire-bruce-boudreau

Great pic of two people going in different directions quite the divorce. Bobby Ryan let everyone know who would listen in Newport Beach he was not happy with the RFA "no alternative" deal Murray gave him, not over yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much...

I don't ever recall a coach getting canned during the season then getting a shot with another team so quickly. It must have happened before? Very interesting I guess Bruce still has the fire to coach and I wouldn't be surprised if he give the ducks a good boot to the rump and they start playing better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And watch Carlyle end up in some sort of position with the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boy the turnip who said bruce would never coach in the league again should really stand up...Pretty hard to argue with his win% and now he has a team that has character....
    congrats bruce. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good for Bruce, I hope he does well. he could have sat home and collected a paycheck, but he's a hockey coach, thats what he does and lives for.
    And I hate the "players tuned him out" stuff. Your getting paid millions of dollars, tune him in. Is that alot to ask?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much...:
    I don't ever recall a coach getting canned during the season then getting a shot with another team so quickly. It must have happened before? Very interesting I guess Bruce still has the fire to coach and I wouldn't be surprised if he give the ducks a good boot to the rump and they start playing better.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Looks like the folks as nhl.com have your back:
    Fastest ever, and only one of seven coaches to do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much...:
    Boy the turnip who said bruce would never coach in the league again should really stand up...Pretty hard to argue with his win% and now he has a team that has character.... congrats bruce. 
    Posted by shuperman

The turnip ? His identity will remain anonymous.

-----------------

I have a feeling Brucie has coached his last game in the NHL. Who would hire him?

Back to the minors. Or he may want to try College hockey - it could be a good fit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And check out the psychic abilities of these two . Well done guys !

First: 12/28/2008
    Last: 12/1/2011

In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired:
    LA's coach is next. Watch and see
    Posted by shuperman

or Randy Carlyle could be next

First: 12/16/2005
    Last: 12/1/2011
    In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired:

Did you take a gander at his win/loss record. I wouldnt be shocked if he is hired before the end of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

And check out the psychic abilities of these two . Well done guys ! BsLegion Posts: 6512 First: 12/28/2008 Last: 12/1/2011 c0bf582831217f761f1666d59adc7f22 In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired : LA's coach is next. Watch and see Posted by shuperman or Randy Carlyle could be next shuperman Posts: 6550 First: 12/16/2005 Last: 12/1/2011 24452bbc04fc88a3129de092ee63ee2d In Response to Re: Boudreau Fired : Did you take a gander at his win/loss record. I wouldnt be shocked if he is hired before the end of the year.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Wow, those guys know their stuff......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much... : Wow, those guys know their stuff......
    Posted by dezaruchi

B'sLegion has hosreshoes up his rear and shupe says so much that he has to be right once in a while.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much... :  B'sLegion has hosreshoes up his rear and shupe says so much that he has to be right once in a while.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I think you're on to something.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I'm very happy for Bruce. He is a great guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlyle end up in Montreal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much... :  B'sLegion has hosreshoes up his rear and shupe says so much that he has to be right once in a while.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

ha ha ha !

I was not surprised either because at the Allstar game last season he was voted the coach most liked by the players. That was the players that voted ! 
    Last night while watching Ducks-Habs Carlyle was not even getting mad at one of the worst officiated games I've seen all year !  It went both ways , ridiculous !
    I knew then for sure he was cooked. Glad the team played for him one last time.
    Did he know ?  Did the team know ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1094923--fired-boudreau-says-caps-made-right-decision-doesn-t-blame-ovechkin

His attitude on display here perhaps helps to explain why Boudreau is so well-liked among hockey folk.  It's hard to recall the last time a canned coach agreed with their dismissal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hmm how long was CJ out of work, considering it was the summer?  Boudreau is like Francona, thrown under the bus.  He will do well in his new surroundings.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

They replace a Cup winner with a guy who could do nothing in Wash? How much sense does that make?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Boy the turnip who said bruce would never coach in the league again should really stand up...Pretty hard to argue with his win% and now he has a team that has character.... congrats bruce. 
    Posted by shuperman

T'was I Shupe, you can name names, if you want. Bruce and I go back to 1957.

First, let me say that what I said was not a knock on Brucie. I figured GM's would look at his Cap tenure and deduce that "if he can't do it in Washington, how is he gonna do it for me"...

Bruce and I grew up in the West York area of Toronto. We know each other very well. Bruce is a laugh and great to be around, always was, and still is. People mistook his demeanor as not being serious person, and that was, maybe, one of the reasons he may not have stuck in the NHL as a player.

Anyway, he has a lot of work ahead of him in Anaheim and I wish him all the best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Bruce Boudreau got a new job! 29 NHL coaches are happy for him. Randy Carlyle, not so much... : T'was I Shupe, you can name names, if you want. Bruce and I go back to 1957. First, let me say that what I said was not a knock on Brucie. I figured GM's would look at his Cap tenure and deduce that "if he can't do it in Washington, how is he gonna do it for me"... Bruce and I grew up in the West York area of Toronto. We know each other very well. Bruce is a laugh and great to be around, always was, and still is. People mistook his demeanor as not being serious person, and that was, maybe, one of the reasons he may not have stuck in the NHL as a player. Anyway, he has a lot of work ahead of him in Anaheim and I wish him all the best.
    Posted by Wheatskins

One of my cop buddies in NS dated his daughter. 

BsL, they are all jealous.  I do say a lot though.  I do agree with that. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

And watch Carlyle end up in some sort of position with the Jets.
    Posted by red75

Carlyle got a raw deal anyway red. he will be much better off were ever he lands. cause unless ole potty mouth boudreau brings some of his players from Washington with him then he is going to be beat too! talk about holy top heavy team batman. for fun look up anaheim's roster and put something over the top line plus selanne. what a collection of tomato cans and hiller is a nice goalie but he is no-one to ride for playoff run.

Sections
Shortcuts