Bruin Center's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Bruin Center's

are as a group imo too small and too slow, Savard is skilled but not quick and not at all physical, Krecji same thing, Bergeron same thing. one of the three should be traded to try and upgrade elswhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Bruin Center's

In Response to Bruin Center's:
    [QUOTE]are as a group imo too small and too slow, Savard is skilled but not quick and not at all physical, Krecji same thing, Bergeron same thing. one of the three should be traded to try and upgrade elswhere.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Bergeron is bigger then you think, and strong..

Speed at center is not nearly as valuable as speed at wing, or vision/passing at center..

The upgrade in size is in Providence and a work in progress, and the upgrade at speed is playing on the wing for now.. Center is the least of our concerns when talking about upgrades.. We need an upgrade at center about as much as we do at goalie...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Our centers aren't that good. Take a look at Philly/Wash/Pitt. I don't think anybody would really want our centers. They are overpaid. Krejci is the best but I don't see him as much of a leader. He plays when he wants to play and is soft for the most part. This team has alot of good players but no one is great. That isn't how you win Cups. Sorry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good words Rolerhoky. Bergeron is good size and strong; Kreji is tall enough but, could use some more muscle; Savvy is smaller, but tough, smart, superb passer and has only played two games so far. Campbell is reasonable size, has demonstrated his toughness. Wheeler is certainly big enough, fast enough, but does not control or manage the puck very well. Soo, big and fast are not always the necessary ingredients.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bennyjo30. Show bennyjo30's posts

Other than goaltending, I think the centers are the least of the Bruins concerns. Savvy, once he returns back to full health (hopefully), is one of the top playmakers in the league. He is so effective on the powerplay and making passes that actually connect. Krejci is the same way, with a slight scoring touch as well. And Bergie is arguably the best 2-way forward on the team. People underestimate how important his role is, especially on faceoffs and PKs. And as of now, I like the way our 4th line is playing that I wouldn't trade Campbell. I am not saying that we have the best forwards in the league, but there are bigger problems on the team than the centers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin Center's:
    [QUOTE]Our centers aren't that good. Take a look at Philly/Wash/Pitt. I don't think anybody would really want our centers. They are overpaid. Krejci is the best but I don't see him as much of a leader. He plays when he wants to play and is soft for the most part. This team has alot of good players but no one is great. That isn't how you win Cups. Sorry.
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Nash,
    I didnt say anything about good, or great, but they are a good group..

Washington? Once you get past backstrom Brooks Laich is the next best center you think they are a stronger group??  Really??  Philly has a good group at center, But we are pretty equal with them

And Pittsburg has a great group of centers which can mostly be attributed to having been an awful team for so many years..  A number 1, a number 2 who would have been a number one if it wasnt for ovechkin, and another first rounder, Crosby and Malkin were cant miss picks, not alot of skill in drafting those guys.. The bruins can tank it for the next 5-10 years and take a shot at going that route..

As far as most teams not wanting our centers, I highly disagree especially since your talking about home grown guys coming out of the late second/early third round in krecji and bergeron..They both played in the olympics, so aparently someone wants them..

not to mention you ignored any analysis of the future possibilities in colborne and Seguin..

If this team is looking at upgrades its back on the blue line, and on the wing.. If a center gets moved at some point it wont be out of necessity but because that was a required piece to get the player the bruins wanted and because they have the parts to move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

There is nothing wrong with the Bruin centres, it ain't broke yet so why fix or fiddle with them.

There are probably 25 teams that would take our centres for their's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nonsense.  The Bruins have tremendous centers and if you rooted for another team you would be jealous of what they have.  The holes in the Bruins lineup are a #2 defensmen and a winger with speed and ability to finish.  Look there for help, not at any of the centers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

We need wingers and a PMD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Nonsense.  The Bruins have tremendous centers and if you rooted for another team you would be jealous of what they have.  The holes in the Bruins lineup are a #2 defensmen and a winger with speed and ability to finish.  Look there for help, not at any of the centers.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Would you move one of the centers for one of those magical fast shooting wingers or mythical PMD?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

All in all because of short term injuries ( krecji ) for one this team has yet to settle down with fixed lines. The wingers will produce and along with some sort of an upgrade on D they will be fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'll agree on Savard and Krejci's size, but I've seen Bergeron tossing guys like Toews, who is larger, around. I think Savard and Krejci could (and should) be a bit for physical, simply because it's another tool, but I've seen Savard trade cross checks with Neidermeyer, and Krejci drilling Ovechkin into the boards. Would I prefer all three guys to be 225, skate like Kessel and have a shot like the ghost of Kovalchuk past? Yes. That said, take a look around the NHL, Bergeron is about average weight for most of the top 30 or so centers and both Bergeron and Savard have a couple pounds on Henrik Sedin.

And when you come down to it, Bergeron protects the puck like few others can and is usually a top level faceoff guy, Savard is a top 5 level passer and playmaker, and Krejci has eyes for his linemates that are pretty damned incredible.

In Response to Bruin Center's:
    [QUOTE]are as a group imo too small and too slow, Savard is skilled but not quick and not at all physical, Krecji same thing, Bergeron same thing. one of the three should be traded to try and upgrade elswhere.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The centers on the team are very capable, look at 2008-09 when they were healthy.  Are they small, I think so.  Would I trade, ah no, develope the wings as roler stated.  The team as consitituted is not Stanley Cup caliber. The center position is not a weak one.  Cosistent scoring on the wing and yes a PMS, PMD, mobile defenseman, whatever is needed, not mythical!  Look at the shots on net in recent games!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I know Boston has been spoiled with the likes of Joe Thorton at center, Bourque on the D, and Neely on the wing but there's a reason why they were hall of famers and first overall picks - you don't see them made like that.

If you think the problem with the Bs are their centers that you have your head up your bum. Besides Pittsburg with Crosby and Malkin, I don't see another group that the Bs don't measure up to.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The B's have 5 centers on this roster...Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Campbell...makes zero sense. Although fans look at this and think it's a strength
    it actually hurts the roster, for 2 reasons.

Excluding the 4th line (Campbell) - none of them bring size or any physical aspect...please don't mention Bergeron as physical. This means that they should be matched up with some wingers who make up for that- they aren't.

Because of this unbalanced roster, and the cap dollars they absorb they aren't able to acquire the more offensive aggressive wings they need, or the often mentioned PMD they want.

That leaves the success of this club in the hands of the 2nd and 3rd line wings... Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi and Caron. You don't need to look any further than that to understand why this club is good, but not close to the elite teams in this league.

I give CJ as much grief as anyone on this board, but it really is the GM who's at fault...If you want this team to move forward, and become a legit Cup contender-then this roster needs to be cleaned up, and have some plan. Right now it's dysfunctional...somebody's got to go-so some of you will eventually have to let go of the binky for the sake of the team.

BTW...Seguin is a center , expecting him to thrive in the corners or along the boards is ridiculous. He is the prized possession, and needs to be treated as such. Right now he's getting bounced around like a ping pong ball. This is due to the above mentioned unbalanced roster - not good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wensink, I think that is actually a pretty well reasoned post, although I still disagree.

Who cares about toughness from any one position, as long as it is there as a team?  The toughness thing always seems to be a central theme in your posts and I never get it because I think the Bruins are perfectly adequate in that area this year.  Campbell is tough, and the rest of the guys are playmakers.  You've got to have all different role players on your team.  Even the Wensink Bruins team, had some lunchpal guys and then some pure skill guys like McNab, Middleton, etc.  We really don't need toughness from our top three centers, we need skill -- and we have it.

I think having 5+ centers on the roster is just fine, if not a benefit.  Often one is injured (see this year, last year, two years ago, etc.) and since it is more of a specialized position it is nice to have someone fill in with plenty of experience.  Many NHL teams have 5 centers.  Further, I think that Seguin is better on the wing right now, so it really ins't a concern.

This team other holes to fill and the centers should be kept in place, IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Wensink, I think that is actually a pretty well reasoned post, although I still disagree. Who cares about toughness from any one position, as long as it is there as a team?  The toughness thing always seems to be a central theme in your posts and I never get it because I think the Bruins are perfectly adequate in that area this year.  Campbell is tough, and the rest of the guys are playmakers.  You've got to have all different role players on your team.  Even the Wensink Bruins team, had some lunchpal guys and then some pure skill guys like McNab, Middleton, etc.  We really don't need toughness from our top three centers, we need skill -- and we have it. I think having 5+ centers on the roster is just fine, if not a benefit.  Often one is injured (see this year, last year, two years ago, etc.) and since it is more of a specialized position it is nice to have someone fill in with plenty of experience.  Many NHL teams have 5 centers.  Further, I think that Seguin is better on the wing right now, so it really ins't a concern. This team other holes to fill and the centers should be kept in place, IMO.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Flectch, usually I don't respond to you as you are dead on, but, Wensink is correct the wings are not showing Stanley Cup workmanship.  OK OK this is December blab blab blab, but the team is not consistent. If the Bs defense is not the issue as some anti-PMD types are stating, then the center out is the issue.  If I do not see some improvement in the forward position soon then I will look at the coach.  Sorry thems are the facts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Bergeron isn't very big and hasn't played physical since his concussion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The B's have 5 centers on this roster...Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Campbell...makes zero sense. Although fans look at this and think it's a strength it actually hurts the roster, for 2 reasons. Excluding the 4th line (Campbell) - none of them bring size or any physical aspect...please don't mention Bergeron as physical. This means that they should be matched up with some wingers who make up for that- they aren't. Because of this unbalanced roster, and the cap dollars they absorb they aren't able to acquire the more offensive aggressive wings they need, or the often mentioned PMD they want. That leaves the success of this club in the hands of the 2nd and 3rd line wings... Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi and Caron. You don't need to look any further than that to understand why this club is good, but not close to the elite teams in this league. I give CJ as much grief as anyone on this board, but it really is the GM who's at fault...If you want this team to move forward, and become a legit Cup contender-then this roster needs to be cleaned up, and have some plan. Right now it's dysfunctional...somebody's got to go-so some of you will eventually have to let go of the binky for the sake of the team. BTW...Seguin is a center , expecting him to thrive in the corners or along the boards is ridiculous. He is the prized possession, and needs to be treated as such. Right now he's getting bounced around like a ping pong ball. This is due to the above mentioned unbalanced roster - not good.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    It's more about the players than their regular position.Team canada took more regular centers than wingers and things worked out ok for them.That said,you may be on to something as most of the wingers we use aren't exactly muckers.