Bruin Hatred from the north

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bruin Hatred from the north

Some postings from TSN.ca, of course theres some real intelligent people who blame Hamilton/Bruins for Stamkos broken tibia.

If only the mits could come off without an instigator... hamilton may have backed off of the slew foot. Those who don't see it are bruin fans, stamkos isnt heading towards Boston's net, why did this happen. Shanny earth to Shanny. Report this comment!

What does Hamilton, Kassian, and Cooke have in common? They've all found ways to take out skill players and use 'a hockey play' to do it. If you take someone out at the top of the crease like this, it was an intent to injure. Report this comment!

What people don't realize is that Stamkos was in the defensive zone and Tampa Bay had the puck, so why does Hamilton even have his stick in Stamkos' s feet? Should be 5 gamed, like Kassian and Cooke... If you have intent or not if you end a guys season, 5 games should be automatic. Report this comment!

It just seems that the Bruins get away with way too much of this cheap stuff. And they seem to believe that it's just tough hockey. It isn't, it's cheap dirty hockey. It was a slew foot, careless and unnecessary. A second Lightning player took a similar hit along the boards, left and never came back. Unfortunately, the refs appear to be intimidated. What do you expect from a team whose management has so little respect for players that it became the driving force in the player lockout! Report this comment!

Hamilton just painted a huge bull eye on his back. In a week you will see Hamilton is out with a concussion. :) Report this comment!

It happened against Boston. No surprise there, dirty, dirty team. Get better Stamkos and come back soon! Report this comment!

blueeandwhite.....I agree 100%. Hamilton never gave cheap shots like that until he went to Boston. That definitely was a slew foot from behind...you can clearly see it in the replay! Stamkos doesn't go down like that on his own. Report this comment!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Re: Bruin Hatred from the north

The internet has given power to morons since it's introduction and will continue to do so for eternity.

EDIT: The first three were all from the same person by the name "leafrider".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

So many north of the border loathe the Bs because the Leafs have brutally sucked for some 46 years now and fans there want someone to blame. Its like 'Two Minutes Hate' hockey style.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

At no time whatsoever is Hamiltons foot behind stamkos, watch the video and its evident it was a freak accident.

As far as the threads that are posted on tsn by no nothing hockey people ( not the tsn crew itself) you will get that everywhere north south east west and its better to ignore posters that react before they see what is and what isnt. It is just a way to vent or to get attention.

When Scott went after kessel i defended kessel but after seeing a couple more of his waving the stick at his oppenent in defense I can clearly see that the day will come when kessel will get a suspension if someone doesnt give him an old fashion beating first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

So many north of the border loathe the Bs because the Leafs have brutally sucked for some 46 years now and fans there want someone to blame. Its like 'Two Minutes Hate' hockey style.

I beg to differ, theres more north of the border bruins fans then there are any other team fans.

You guys just love to make us canadians look bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

All the Leaf fans can go f**k themselves !  I live in Southern Ontario and have to deal with this s*it everywhere I go. They clearly see what they want to see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Silliness.  When you win, and do it by breaking the hearts of fans in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal, some of the most feeble-minded fans in those cities can delude themselves into thinking they see things that don't happen.  

Keep winning Bruins.  It's driving people nuts.

As far as Stamkos, you can only take the high road with that.  I hope the guy gets a standing-O the next time he takes the ice in the Garden.  Fans that appreciate toughness and desire, Stamkos has put on quite a display.  After watching him shrug off a slap shot to the face in the playoffs and then twice try to skate off yesterday (on a grotesquely broken leg), he's got my full respect and admiration.  Not to mention his shocking speed and skill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, I don't think this has anything to do with 'Canadian' fans, many of whom love the Bruins.  I think that the Bruins just happened to break the tender hearts of fans from three big Canadian cities in recent years.  I highly doubt that many fans from Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary are pretending that the Bruins are responsible for a freak injury.  It's the babies from the other three NHL cities, and they're mad about losing to the Bruins.

Take pleasure in that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Bruins bashing posts in the tsn article have the most thumbs down while some rational post have very high ratings. You cn talk about the bashing, but they're from a handful of posters and they have negative ratings, while posts like the following are all highly rated on the article.

Just horrible watching the video and him agonizing in pain. Terrible. Very classy recognition by the Bruins fans as he was taken off on stretcher. Speedy recovery to him. He's as classy a player as he is a great player.

As a Leaf fan and ticket holder, there is nothing better than when Stamkos and Crosby come to town. This was very hard to watch and sad to see. Let's cut out the Bruin bashing and cheap shot comments however. That was a hockey play, Hamilton was not even that aggressive as they approached the net and it was a freak accident and nothing else. Report this comment!

Hope Stamkos gets well very soon, great player and Canada could sure use him. You can't say anything bad on the play by Hamilton though, he barely had any contact with him, he was driving hard to the net and lost an edge. Anyone blaming the Bruins for this is crazy

I am a die-hard Lightning fan and could not see any shove or action by the Bruins player. In fact after it happens his look is of concern as he pauses. I hope the league does not punish the Hamilton and that Stamkos is okay and back on the ice soon.

I can't stand the Bruins, but if you think that was intentional... man. That play happens several times a game. Kinda like the people who think you can intentionally kick someone in the only non-padded part of their ankle and tear their achilles when you're not even looking in that direction. Not even close to intentional, not even close to dirty.

It's not really Bruins bashing from up north, it's Bruins bashing from a couple of idiotic Leafs and Canucks fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

I beg to differ, theres more north of the border bruins fans then there are any other team fans.

You guys just love to make us canadians look bad.

When talking Bruins hate IMHO its usually blinkered Leaf fans who make Canadians look bad. The rest of the nation is just fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

A classy move by the lightning, or should i say non move was they didnt send anyone out after hamilton or revenge because they didnt see anything dirty at all in that incident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If his leg misses the post, no thread. It is hockey. Tough break for a good player, but you cant wrap the stars in cotton. Contact sport, people crash into the net every game. They lose their star, they are angry, we understand

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think most of the vitriol is because of the Olympics and Stamkos will miss it. And I like that Boston sports teams have become somewhat hated. New York, Chicago, LA, Philly and so-called City of Champions Pittsburgh can't touch Boston in the 4 major sports.

Bring it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The worst thing about it was that the post didn't seem to break away as easily as it usually does.  Nobody has played hockey for very long without this happening at some point and all you can do it hope that the net pops off easily.  When you look at the impact, you see Stamkos' foot snap back grotesquely while the post barely moves.  It was strange.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I know most dont live near Nova Scotia.  But Maritimers have a strong cult following for Boston based teams.   the leafs and habs battle it out for top spot but the bruins are definitely in the mix along with the pens bc of hometown boy Sid.  

And habs n leafs fans hate each other more then they hate the bruins.  So when we were thumping the habs...leafs fans loved it.  When we thumped the leafs...well it was a double edged sword for habs fans.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tons of B's fans in Canada, lots of Wings fans, some Hawks fans and a few Ranger fans. The Leafs and Habs of course have the most being from Canada and original six. Oiler & Flames & senators  have regional support with pockets of fans around and Nuck fans are isolated to BC where they unrealistically view their team every year as SC Champions and if they don't win it all, well you know, its the league conspiracy thing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Again, I don't think this has anything to do with 'Canadian' fans, many of whom love the Bruins.  I think that the Bruins just happened to break the tender hearts of fans from three big Canadian cities in recent years.  I highly doubt that many fans from Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary are pretending that the Bruins are responsible for a freak injury.  It's the babies from the other three NHL cities, and they're mad about losing to the Bruins.

Take pleasure in that.

I can't speak for Ottawa, but in my experience the fans of the three Prairie teams if given a choice between cheering for the Leafs, Canucks, Habs or Bruins, a huge percentage would pick the Bruins simply becuase their disdain for the other three teams - especially the Canucks - runs very deep. Even Winnipeg, who had a long association with the Canucks through the Moose, still has a long festering hatred for Vancouver. They may not love the Bruins but a lot would consider them the lesser of four evils.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There's a lot of Bruins love in Canada, but fans of the Habs and Canucks shore do hate the Bruins.  The Leafs were like quiet allies until... the incident last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

The TSN posts are a joke. If you are from the United States and post anything supporting the Bruins that the whiny fans wont have a comeback for they refuse to post it. I could create a post that says Habs suck and they will post it, but if you give an intellegent argument for the bruins with no obvious rebuttel it wont get past the censors.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Im from Montreal and I love the Bruins and the way the play. Toronto Vancouver and MTL fans are just whiners who NEVER win anything in life. This is the way to justify their pathetic existance

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't even look at the opinions on the TSN website, because it's embarrassing to see argueably the worlds greatest hockey following country have so many unknowledgeable fans. This type of play happens all the time. EVEN if Hamilton did push Stamkos....So WHAT! It's a common hockey play you see all the time. A player from the attacking team pushes the other player into his goalie, or the net. It's part of game! The term "dirty areas" is figuritively called that for a reason. Those who don't know what the exact term "dirty" means probably don't know much about the game. We see this play all the fawkin time, but when was the last time a player had his tibia broken the process? I think the last one I remember irionically enough is when Steve Yzerman did it in the 80's. Just like here, we should just be smart enough to not read garbage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kivvak's comment:

The TSN posts are a joke. If you are from the United States and post anything supporting the Bruins that the whiny fans wont have a comeback for they refuse to post it. I could create a post that says Habs suck and they will post it, but if you give an intellegent argument for the bruins with no obvious rebuttel it wont get past the censors.

I actually have heard this point mentioned A LOT! I also hear how they allow for 80% jibberish, but hardly anything intelligent. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to kivvak's comment:

I actually have heard this point mentioned A LOT! I also hear how they allow for 80% jibberish, but hardly anything intelligent. 

I call BS - I have 5 examples posted above that are evidence against this conspiracy theory.

Sections
Shortcuts