Bruin Organizational Logic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Bruin Organizational Logic

This is why I said Thomas is likely to be dealt in the offseason, especially if the Bruins somehow win the Cup.

Then, I think it's a slam dunk he is dealt.

You dangle a Vezina, Cup winning (Cup potential) goalie to a team that is one of those short, and you could get great return on it.

Maybe you get back that 4-5 million per year 30 goal sniper who is more consistent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin Organizational Logic:
    [QUOTE]Too bad all of the draft picks that Parcells brought in for Belichick are gone now what is poor Bill to do now ? You haven't brought any facts as I don't expect a you to know anything about the Bruins farm system nor how the players are developing because you don't care to look or see but compare them to a league that has no salary cap you are all over the place. No one here brought up Hamill but that is where you have to throw in how you justify Chiarelli is a failure just as you assert all caps and drafts are the same they are not. You can't argue your way out of it because you simply refuse to give up on your comparisons of apples and oranges. "Chiarelli is an assistant" So were your favorite GMs you keep throwing out there. "Thomas is an aberration" still can't give him credit for working hard nope he's a fluke. You exposed yourself on the last two GM threads again by showing nothing with your comments.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously pretending that since you didn't specficially mention Hammill in your first point about how Chia is "sitting pretty", that it somehow deflects successfully away from the crux of your point?

lol

You said he was "sitting pretty", heavily implying Chia somehow is sitting on a stockpile of slam dunk talent in the minors.

The reason why Caron, Hammil, Arniel, etc, aren't in the NHL yet is because they aren't good enough to be.

They're borderline prospects at this point who have proven nothing other than developing at certain rates.

Every organization has players like that.  You are clueless.

You're little phrases like "apples and oranges" won't deflect from this either.  A salary cap is a cap.  Of course there are slight differences because of roster sizes between the cap leagues in pro sports, but the approach in understanding the market and allocating dollars is still the same.

You make one mistake or more than one big mistake, or a series of these mistakes and you can get yourself into a pickle.  Period.  That's the challenge of a cap league.

The concept of allocating $$ is still there for all cap leagues. Period.

Learn economics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Arniel, Caron, Sauve etc. aren't in the league because they don't have enough experience yet and they have veterans who are NHL ready in front of them. The same as a pitcher going up the rungs of minor leagues or a stud linebacker waiting in the wings.

Epstein, Belichick and Ainge stock pile picks the same way just in case some of them fail that is not implying they are studs or slam dunks that is why you move up in the draft like Chiarelli has.

If you are like Glen Sather and Steve Yzerman spend all your money on your top six you don't have good role players that is why the Rangers are in danger of not making the playoffs and why Tampa lose tight games to good teams like last night and to the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Did we not have a thorough discussion on "develop" Vs. "training" a week ago. Some of these comments are rather inane. Chiarelli has been recognized as a master at CAP management by his peers and multiple hockey publications. The Bruins did draft and develop Kreji and marchand; they drafted and lucked out with Bergeron and Lucic. Their entire defense came via trades or free agency because the former[ I loved Harry] management totally misplayed the lockout. Chiarelli has slowly rebuilt a new pipeline; he has revitalized the NHL team into a contender; he is evolving the Ahl team, now with a solid goalie prospect;and he is establishing a long term core. He thought Lewis was the answer and he got skinned; he has used Claude to instill defense, but he is still stuck with Paille, Thornton, and Ryder[ Claude's primary selection] . Reluctantly Claude has finally put Seguin with some mature and fast linemates, even though Seguin, due to minimum ice time , is fading in the third period. Not so in the first. Neely and Chiarelli commit to allowing their hires to do what they are hired for. Claude has done some aspects well, but is questionable with his dependancy on "veterans" and his lack of innovation/flexibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Please list the names of those who referenced Chia as a "master of cap management".

I'd like to see that and the reasons why. Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I can see the argument there.  They didn't draft him, though. I am talking draft pick in the minors who becomes All Star caliber.  Point taken, though. Add him into the Lucic/Kreicji list of bordering All Star players. I think you can see my point though, no?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

the VAST majority of super star players don't spend a second in the minor leagues. especially high draft picks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The vast majority of superstar players aren't even high draft picks. Outside of your Crosbys and Malkin types, most aren't drafted high.

Martin St. Louis went completely undrafted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's against your point then as Marty St. Louis bounced up n down from the minors to the pros for years. He didn't go straight into the pros you've been maintaining that none of the Bruins propects are any good because they heavn't jumped straight into the NHL Good Grief what is wrong with you ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96358

Sauve

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=18067

St. Louis

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Please list the names of those who referenced Chia as a "master of cap management". I'd like to see that and the reasons why. Thanks.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I actually saw the panel on That's Hockey(from TSN)make reference to PC being a master of the cap.The comments were essentially in reference to his spending the entire season with limited space and still managing to make worthwhile deals at the deadline.They said he should be applauded for his efforts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]That's against your point then as Marty St. Louis bounced up n down from the minors to the pros for years. He didn't go straight into the pros you've been maintaining that none of the Bruins propects are any good because they heavn't jumped straight into the NHL Good Grief what is wrong with you ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

How is it against my point?  St. Louis is elite.  Kreicji and Lucic are not.

You ask me what is wrong with me and St. Louis has a ring and MVP and is elite.

Seek help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruin Organizational Logic : I actually saw the panel on That's Hockey(from TSN)make reference to PC being a master of the cap.The comments were essentially in reference to his spending the entire season with limited space and still managing to make worthwhile deals at the deadline.They said he should be applauded for his efforts.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely.  There is a difference between what they are saying and then realizing WHY he was in a position to scramble around at the deadline wildly making trades, specifically to generate cap room.

He looked unprepared to me.

Ryder and Ference are overpaid, for example, as was Wheeler. 

I think you misunderstood what they meant or they themselves are clueless with the bloated contracts he's carrying.

Technically, he's flat out lucky Savard got hurt where they could shut him down, getting his 5 mill off the books so he could even have any wiggle room.

Without Savard being hurt, Kaberle, Kelly and Peverely aren't even here.

And then the question of him dealing Sturm, Stuart and Wheeler are still up in the air until the season ends.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

St. Louis is 35 years old Lucic and Krejci are in their twenties no comparison. How many number one draft picks in a row did Tampa have after finishing last every year in their lineup to assist St. Louis with his ring ? Same answer to fans who compare Chiarelli to Shero number one draft pick after number one draft pick were already there waiting in Pittsburgh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

More understanding of the NHL cap Ference makes league average and how have the Bruins played without him but his contract is overblown ? Priceless now the attention has turned to Andrew for underperforming to his 2.25Mil contract WoW Ha Ha!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

BBR, look at contracts from other teams.  ryder and ference aren't as overpaid as you think.

Sections
Shortcuts