Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS

In Response to Re: Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS:
    In Response to Re: Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS : I,like yourself,can't avoid going back to my old ways.I also think Savard is far more easily replaceable than you obviously believe.His game may have been improving but he was far from irreplaceable.So now my objectivity is coming into question even though I've stuck by my stance all year.You've also stuck by your stance that Boston isn't good enough now(nor will they ever be)no matter what their record may reflect.You constantly bring up the Caps as a team that's obviously better than Boston yet the numbers say different.What is it that Boston can do to prove to you that they can skate with the Caps other than beating them on the ice(which they've done)?We have better  goaltending than anyone you've mentioned other than the Canucks(and that's debateable).Call it sniping if you want but I won't apologize for disagreeing that Boston is doomed without Savard.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It comes down to the belief I have that regular season wins against teams like the Caps are almost meaningless compared with playoff hockey. When it's crunch time and the play is elevated to an intensity that features the best players on each team against each other and the wheat gets separated from the chaff, I'm looking at guys like Ovechkin, Semin, Green, Laich and others eating the Bruins alive. TT can only do so much--he can't score goals.

We'll just have to see how it plays out come post-season. And as always, I sincerely hope you're right and I'm wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS : It comes down to the belief I have that regular season wins against teams like the Caps are almost meaningless compared with playoff hockey. When it's crunch time and the play is elevated to an intensity that features the best players on each team against each other and the wheat gets separated from the chaff, I'm looking at guys like Ovechkin, Semin, Green, Laich and others eating the Bruins alive. TT can only do so much--he can't score goals. We'll just have to see how it plays out come post-season. And as always, I sincerely hope you're right and I'm wrong.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I haven't seen the Caps do enough in the playoffs yet to give them any level of respect.They overplay Ovechkin and he's able to be worn down over a long series.Believe me,I'm not saying they aren't capable of beating anyone.I just think Boston stacks up against them just fine with all positions considered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS : As you stated,they played against a good team that had a mistake free game.It happens....
    Posted by dezaruchi

I actually thought the B's played well in the LA game.  Looked to me like the Kings just played near perfect.  Skated hard all game, executed well, with almost no mistakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Anyone know where I can find out how teams fare against winning teams vs. sub .500 teams?  Without having to do it myself. I know this, the Bruins are a combined 10-4-1 against the teams either tied with them in the conference or with more points then them.  This includes Flyers 2-0-1, Penguins 2-1-0, Rangers1-1-0, Lightning 2-1-0, Capitals 3-1-0! The Bruins have faltered against the so-called weakest division (Northeast) in the NHL, where they are only 6-5-3 and against the West where they are only 2-4-2. I am not here to say the Bruins are a lock to win Lord Stanley, only to point out that the Bruins have a great record against the teams that many consider the favorites to do so.
    Posted by MeanE

There was a site a couple years ago that used to rank the NHL based on records vs top teams, records vs playoffs teams etc.  It was pretty interesting but the last season they did was 07-08 i believe, and I havent seen anything like it since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins #1 in TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS : I haven't seen the Caps do enough in the playoffs yet to give them any level of respect.They overplay Ovechkin and he's able to be worn down over a long series.Believe me,I'm not saying they aren't capable of beating anyone.I just think Boston stacks up against them just fine with all positions considered.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I think the Caps biggest problem is their reliance on soft Semin and Backstrom in a playoffs system where physical play is huge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

meaningless...who wants to be the best team in january?its all about hitting your stride come april/may/june- 

Sections
Shortcuts