Bruins: 12-13 vs 13-14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins: 12-13 vs 13-14

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Didn't we have this same coversation in 11-12? And many thought we were better then only to see a first round exit. In reality, it's going to be hard to top last season... 28 teams couldn't do it.

Not sure about this conversation in 11-12, the team was better by subtraction IMO losing Rider and Kaberle.  I'll say what I predicted was true, that I enjoyed watching them more without Rider and Kaberle - 2 players that drove me nuts.

This team is the most significant change since the cup year.  Yes, the expectations might be unrealistic, but you have to admit that this year's team is a better team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

stanley, you've lost the right to offer bets. you've made several bets, lost, and welched. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, you realize I'm talking NHL points, right? You can't count what they do in the AHL - I'm talking big leagues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Stanley, you realize I'm talking NHL points, right? You can't count what they do in the AHL - I'm talking big leagues.

Yes red,.....whats the bet ....anything you want ....

Smith + Spooner vs the LEMON (Pev) ....total NHL Points season 2013-14

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Not only the easiest bet ever....but over red its even better....lol lol lol. 

How can you deliberately bet on the LEMON ...is it something in the air in Manitoba or in the food ???   OMG Still can believe that bet ....

the Battle of the provinces ....Quebec vs Manitoba ...: NO CONTEST....lol lol lol

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

don't offer bets stanley. when you lose you don't honor your bets. pretty disgraceful if you ask me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

don't offer bets stanley. when you lose you don't honor your bets. pretty disgraceful if you ask me. 

I do ...sorry bostonfan ...I lost a bet last season and the issue was I was going to be out of the board for the playoffs wich has been replaced by a meal for 2 + beer in Boston on y next visit with should be in March 2014 ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I wonder what red has to offer ....but whatever she offers she already made my day , my week, my season......with such an easy bet....how can she not see the talent in Spooner and Smith ..not only 1 of the 2 will play regularly with the BRUINS but maybe both will make the team...versus a LEMON that has no more juice in it , that is afraid of his shadow and that is way OVERATED, probably the best PC move of his GM carreer !   I cant thank him enough for that move ....after this season Dallas will hate him so much for shifting that lemon from Boston to them....lol lol cant stop laughing ...and after what we've learned last night the LEMON might never play again in the NHL ....so,sad ...lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I wonder what red has to offer ....but whatever she offers she already made my day , my week, my season......with such an easy bet....how can she not see the talent in Spooner and Smith ..not only 1 of the 2 will play regularly with the BRUINS but maybe both will make the team...versus a LEMON that has no more juice in it , that is afraid of his shadow and that is way OVERATED, probably the best PC move of his GM carreer !   I cant thank him enough for that move ....after this season Dallas will hate him so much for shifting that lemon from Boston to them....lol lol cant stop laughing ...and after what we've learned last night the LEMON might never play again in the NHL ....so,sad ...lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

you seem supremely confident, what odds will you give me?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's a bet - pick whatever stakes you want Stanley - you'll only welch on it when you lose, so the stakes aren't that important anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It's a bet - pick whatever stakes you want Stanley - you'll only welch on it when you lose, so the stakes aren't that important anyway.

Ok red....if I win you will apologize on a separate thread with the following title " Stanley is really the Best hockey expert on this board"  and you will officially recognize my expertise in detecting young talents 

if I lose I will do the same for you......is that ok with you red ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

This team is better.  It comes down to how well they are playing come April.   I just hope they can shake the "hangover" sooner than later.  Remember, they are as exhausted themselves as the Hawks with a shorter summer.

PS. I'm back.  Oh...who am I?  Well, I had 1,000s of posts on the Bs' forum since, well, 2006 or so.   Y'all know me ;-)

Ipot ?  but he would not say Y'all  ?

Callo ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

stanley, what odds will you give me. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok red....if I win you will apologize on a separate thread with the following title " Stanley is really the Best hockey expert on this board"  and you will officially recognize my expertise in detecting young talents 

Fine with the first part, and I'll make it even more flowery. But if I win I want you to post a thread with a title that states "Red's right and I really have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to hockey"

Deal?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You guys should bed 1 month of Boston.com signature control. Red I'm not sure I would take that bet. While I think Peverley's a loss and Stanley's dislike of him irrational and a result of his passionate love for Blake, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Smith and Spooner combine for more points this season. Especially with the heart thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Not sure about this conversation in 11-12, the team was better by subtraction IMO losing Rider and Kaberle.  I'll say what I predicted was true, that I enjoyed watching them more without Rider and Kaberle - 2 players that drove me nuts.

This team is the most significant change since the cup year.  Yes, the expectations might be unrealistic, but you have to admit that this year's team is a better team.

I don't know if I agree...

Iginla didn't look so good against us, and he's almost 10 years older than Horton.

I due agree Eriksson is an upgrade over Seguin (at least for the foreseeable future.)

Ference was a warrior and I will miss him.

A lot of ??? surrounding Soderberg, Krug, Bart, Caron and the rest of the kids.

But the health of Chara, Bergeron, Seides and Campbell will determine how far we go this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The heart thing makes it tricky, but the odds of Smith and Spooner both being in the lineup at the same time are long as they're basically fighting each other for the same spot. They'll also likely be getting third line duty when they are in. I'm looking at Peverley, as long as the heart thing isn't a severe issue, getting steady 2nd line pivot duty - I still think it's a reasonable bet. Where I could get hooked is if Campbell is out for a while and Spooner ends up filling in on the 4th. With Soderberg, Caron, Fraser, Spooner, Smith, Cunningham, Koko, Camara, Camper, Griffith and Kinight all basically fighting for the same two spots, there's no guarantee that Spooner and Smith will even play for Boston this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Fine with the first part, and I'll make it even more flowery. But if I win I want you to post a thread with a title that states "Red's right and I really have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to hockey"

Deal?

DEAL !    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Botonfan I have a deal with red

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Botonfan I have a deal with red

you said it was the easiest bet ever and that you would take any stakes. i'd like to make a bet. if it's so easy wouldn't you want the action?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I don't know if I agree...

Iginla didn't look so good against us, and he's almost 10 years older than Horton.

I due agree Eriksson is an upgrade over Seguin (at least for the foreseeable future.)

Ference was a warrior and I will miss him.

A lot of ??? surrounding Soderberg, Krug, Bart, Caron and the rest of the kids.

But the health of Chara, Bergeron, Seides and Campbell will determine how far we go this year.

Yes, there are a lot of question marks surrounding Soderberg etc.

But, Soderberg took off weight and gained muscle over the summer, if anything he will be better than he was last season.

Krug - he's the one I'm most worried about, they might figure him out totally and visions of Blane Lacher come to mind.  Bart should be fine and Hamilton has had an important year of seasoning.  The defense, in general I'm fine with them.  I think Ference is easily replaced, it was his off ice leadership that will be missed.  However, the defense in general, no worries.

We agree on Eriksson, but I think Eriksson will be a LOT better than Seguin, making up the difference between Iginla and Horton.

Iginla.  More durable than Horton.  Recall how Horton fought Iginla and missed a lot of time.  And the Bruins shut down the entire Penguins team, not just Iginla.  I would argue that Iginla had the best scoring opportunities of any of the Penguins.  Certainly the Bruins will get more out of Iginla than the Pens IMO.  In the playoffs Horton had 19 pts in 22 games, Iginla had 12 pts in only 15 games - those numbers are reasonably comparable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And I should clarify on Eriksson, I think Seguin will outscore him in the regular season, but Louie will be better in the playoffs and the Stars very well might not make the playoffs at all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just realized that Iginla had 33 pts in 44 regular season games last season, Horton just had 22 over 43 games.  I'm changing my mind about Horton being slightly better than Iginla, now I'm thinking it's the other way around and Iginla well may be more than slightly better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Just realized that Iginla had 33 pts in 44 regular season games last season, Horton just had 22 over 43 games.  I'm changing my mind about Horton being slightly better than Iginla, now I'm thinking it's the other way around and Iginla well may be more than slightly better.

I'm actually thinking iginla might pop 40 this year. Call it a hunch. I think being around a young power forward like lucic, and a center that knows how to dish will rejuvenate him. I think he has a real bounce back season. 40 goals 30 assists 12 PPG

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

This team is better.  It comes down to how well they are playing come April.   I just hope they can shake the "hangover" sooner than later.  Remember, they are as exhausted themselves as the Hawks with a shorter summer.

PS. I'm back.  Oh...who am I?  Well, I had 1,000s of posts on the Bs' forum since, well, 2006 or so.   Y'all know me ;-)

I'm going with Rolerhokey.

Ha, dez!  Nah....I don't even know that poster.  For the record I wasn't a "troll." ;-)

He wasn't either. No disrepect intended. Glad you're again anyways. Cheers!

Sections
Shortcuts