Bruins 2013 = what I really think

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Bruins 2013 = what I really think

User onthe405 asked me the following question in another thread, which made me put my thoughts together and say some things that were necessary. He also prompted me to think about how stupid it was to react to another attack here, so I deleted another impulsive thread. I'm going to start a thread in case people dont see it in that thread.  He asked:

"I'm curious if after coming down from 4-1 against Toronto in gm 7., laying waste to both NY and Pitt, losing Campbell in iconic fashion, battling back several times in gm 4 against Chicago to nearly take a 3-1 lead and have the Alternate Captain play through torn cartilage, a broken rib and seperated shoulder tonight, if you would still characterize this team as gutless pukes. Have you changed your mind on that or does that opinion still hold?"

My response (edited):

I'm glad you asked that question.

I was absolutely, totally, 100 % wrong and completely out of line when I said those things.

I started that insane rant after the Buffalo game after the bombings. I was a little nuts when that happened. I ridiculously attached an unrealistic emotional importance to that game and when they predictably blew the third period lead, I absolutely lost my mind. You will note almost every post at first referred to "letting down the city."  It was stupid. I called them nightmarish, unforgivable things, and continued going nuts when I was understandably attacked by people on this forum.

They were right to attack me. 99% of what I said was idiotic, unforgivable and I see why Im not welcome here.

My points about the fact that the team was the second worst in the NHL in holding a 3rd period lead were true, though, and people on this board will not listen to things like that. The Bruins did not win the Cup mainly because they did what they did all year, not hold third period leads.

My emotional eggagerations about character were not true.

They also lost because the Blackhawks were absolutely the better team and deserved to win.

The Blackhawks have been winning games like that all year. (duh, I live in Illinois)

However, the entire team, even those that underachieved on the scoreboard, even Chara who was mercilessly, unfairly ragged on by NBC, all of them, have every reason to be incredibly proud of what they accomplished. They swept the Pens, for crying out loud, and were beaten by the best team in the NHL who exposed the Bruins' biggest fatal flaw.

The things they did v Toronto (after losing a 3-1 series lead), handling NY (and coming back after that horrible gaffe loss) sweeping Pitt, and efforts like Campbell's and Bergeron and every other player on that roster was inspiring.  They really made the stupid things I said sound even more stupid.

The 2013 Bruins are an honorable, classy, gutsy team full of character and leadership and I was completely, 100% wrong to say otherwise. I'll call it temporary insanity. They never quit. They lost, but they didn't quit.  They should be proud of the amazing run they went on.

Again, thanks for asking that question.

And really, you handful of guys that live to hate me, don't bother trashing this thread too. I feel better for typing it out. I'm not looking for absolution from anyone that needs to hold a grudge on a discussion board.  To the rest of you, it really was a great run by the B's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Bruins 2013 = what I really think

You and I have had our disagreements (mainly about TT), but I appreciate what you have said here.

I also had a problem with this team. during the regular season, but this team, more than most, needs emotion to play well.

The intensity level they displayed during their playoff run, was incredible. It would also be impossible to sustain it, for an entire season. They would all be in the hospital, by January.

Have a good summer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm glad they won you over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

You and I have had our disagreements (mainly about TT), but I appreciate what you have said here.

I also had a problem with this team. during the regular season, but this team, more than most, needs emotion to play well.

The intensity level they displayed during their playoff run, was incredible. It would also be impossible to sustain it, for an entire season. They would all be in the hospital, by January.

Have a good summer.

They quit. They quit after the goal that made it 2-2. Not bagging on the team, but with what they had to deal with, the lost it emotionally.  That's how they scored that goal.  I don't look at the Blackhawks as champions. They are patsies. Period. Bettman, Stern, Goodell and sometimes even Selig all have plans for the playoffs. Who wins, who loses. The athletes know it. Think Champ Bailey doesn't know it after the "PI" called on him in OT against Baltimore? People need to stop questioning the teams, and start questioning the leagues. Until that is done, all that we have is a show, slightly better than wrestling in believeability, but not by much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

They quit. They quit after the goal that made it 2-2. Not bagging on the team, but with what they had to deal with, the lost it emotionally.  That's how they scored that goal.  I don't look at the Blackhawks as champions. They are patsies. Period. Bettman, Stern, Goodell and sometimes even Selig all have plans for the playoffs. Who wins, who loses. The athletes know it. Think Champ Bailey doesn't know it after the "PI" called on him in OT against Baltimore? People need to stop questioning the teams, and start questioning the leagues. Until that is done, all that we have is a show, slightly better than wrestling in believeability, but not by much.

What the heck are you talking about??

First off, the B's did not quit...yes, they were probably crushed by the Hawks scoring the tying goal, but the winning goal, although a surprise when it happened so quickly, was the Hawks still using their momentum to finish strong...

...now to the bull about the Blackhawks not being champions...what are you on drugs?? They were the best team in hockey all season and proved it in the end. Time to take off the 'Homer' Simpson glasses and see reality. The better team won.

Sounds like you are a just a disgruntled sports fan that needs to find a new hobby...theater or ballet is not very controversial, you can try that maybe.

Here's to the Bruins and their great season...I enjoyed the ride, and look forward to more good hockey play going forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

[QUOTE]

First off, the B's did not quit...yes, they were probably crushed by the Hawks scoring the tying goal, but the winning goal, although a surprise when it happened so quickly, was the Hawks still using their momentum to finish strong...

...now to the bull about the Blackhawks not being champions...what are you on drugs?? They were the best team in hockey all season and proved it in the end. Time to take off the 'Homer' Simpson glasses and see reality. The better team won.

Sounds like you are a just a disgruntled sports fan that needs to find a new hobby...theater or ballet is not very controversial, you can try that maybe.

Here's to the Bruins and their great season...I enjoyed the ride, and look forward to more good hockey play going forward.

[/QUOTE]

He's a Sox fan first and foremost, so he's seen some quitting.  Doesn't know a thing about hockey though.

Glad SoxFanIL came around.  The talk about stalking or "living to hate" him is way over the top and dramatic, but it is definitely a gut punch when a long time poster turns into a troll in the middle of a playoff series and taunts the regulars for believing.

That's why people have been holding a grudge.  I bet it's over now.  It is for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

SoxF,

we all were miffed about the buffalo gm.  But this team did everything but win the cup to keep #bostonstrong.  Watching campy with broken leg killing a penalty is a prime example, or bergie throwing a big hit last night and the list is endless. This team never quit.  

Some on here will never forget the words you wrote and you will be called out if you go sideways the first time.  To me everyone is entitled to an opinion.  

This was a great year and with the majority of the team coming back and the core guys being young there is a great chance we see them again next year In the finals.   Hockey is like no other sport.  Game two we were completely dominated and rask held us in and we get the ot win.  Last night the roles were reversed.  The roller coaster ride of NHL playoffs has no rivals.  Its simply amazing.  

cheers man. Thank you for taking the time to explain.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It was a heart breaking loss but I'm still as proud as ever to be a Bruins fan. There's no shame in being 2nd best. I expect them to challenge for the title again next year. For the record, there was never a time I was upset with you or anyone else stating an opinion. My problem was with how you'd start 4 threads within 7 minutes with your complaints and then say that those who disagreed with you were too stupid to know better. Feel free to go back and revisit those threads and then you can stop acting like you were victimized in any way, shape or form.  

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I took you off ignore. Glad to have you back in your senses!

I will say that I don't think the better team won. I don't think there was a better team. What I saw were 2 teams that battled it out and one got a couple more bounces to win a few extra games. Couldn't have been any closer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

User onthe405 asked me the following question in another thread, which made me put my thoughts together and say some things that were necessary. He also prompted me to think about how stupid it was to react to another attack here, so I deleted another impulsive thread. I'm going to start a thread in case people dont see it in that thread.  He asked:

"I'm curious if after coming down from 4-1 against Toronto in gm 7., laying waste to both NY and Pitt, losing Campbell in iconic fashion, battling back several times in gm 4 against Chicago to nearly take a 3-1 lead and have the Alternate Captain play through torn cartilage, a broken rib and seperated shoulder tonight, if you would still characterize this team as gutless pukes. Have you changed your mind on that or does that opinion still hold?"

My response (edited):

I was absolutely, totally, 100 % wrong and completely out of line when I said those things.

[QUOTE]

Good post. I wasn't attacking you-there is too much of that on here already. I appreciate your considered response. I think its cool to criticize the team-often times its a sign of passion. Hell, I went after Lucic pretty hard prior to these playoffs and now I feel silly about it. It happens. I just thought the whole "gutless pukes" thing was silly and over the top is all. Say what you want about the B's, but gutless and cowardly couldn't be farther from the truth. Water under the bridge. Again, good well thought out response.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

The regular season in nothing! It is like practice games for the real thing!

My response (edited):

I started that insane rant after the Buffalo game after the bombings. I was a little nuts when that happened. I ridiculously attached an unrealistic emotional importance to that game and when they predictably blew the third period lead, I absolutely lost my mind. You will note almost every post at first referred to "letting down the city."  It was stupid. I called them nightmarish, unforgivable things, and continued going nuts when I was understandably attacked by people on this forum.

They were right to attack me. 99% of what I said was idiotic, unforgivable and I see why Im not welcome here.

My points about the fact that the team was the second worst in the NHL in holding a 3rd period lead were true, though, and people on this board will not listen to things like that. The Bruins did not win the Cup mainly because they did what they did all year, not hold third period leads.

My emotional eggagerations about character were not true.

They also lost because the Blackhawks were absolutely the better team and deserved to win.

The Blackhawks have been winning games like that all year. (duh, I live in Illinois)

However, the entire team, even those that underachieved on the scoreboard, even Chara who was mercilessly, unfairly ragged on by NBC, all of them, have every reason to be incredibly proud of what they accomplished. They swept the Pens, for crying out loud, and were beaten by the best team in the NHL who exposed the Bruins' biggest fatal flaw.

The things they did v Toronto (after losing a 3-1 series lead), handling NY (and coming back after that horrible gaffe loss) sweeping Pitt, and efforts like Campbell's and Bergeron and every other player on that roster was inspiring.  They really made the stupid things I said sound even more stupid.

The 2013 Bruins are an honorable, classy, gutsy team full of character and leadership and I was completely, 100% wrong to say otherwise. I'll call it temporary insanity. They never quit. They lost, but they didn't quit.  They should be proud of the amazing run they went on.

Again, thanks for asking that question.

And really, you handful of guys that live to hate me, don't bother trashing this thread too. I feel better for typing it out. I'm not looking for absolution from anyone that needs to hold a grudge on a discussion board.  To the rest of you, it really was a great run by the B's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll give you props for the mea culpa

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh please. Save your disgruntled sports fan crap. You are just another person who's head is in the sand.  Was/Is the NBA officiating corrupt? was is F1 racing officials corrupt? Yes and Yes. I don't see where I disagreed with the Bruins not capitalizing on chances they had to win. Even if they had won, it would have been a sour victory.  Every finals or championship games are now pre ordained. Maybe baseball is exempt. Hard to call holding, hooking, boarding etc. Sometimes, a team breaks the cycle, and had the Bruins won this series, put in some of their chances they had, that would have been the case.  You think they can't sense that as players? And the mental burden that must be? How from one game to the next, the Blackhawks were getting penalties, then they werenn't.  And it woud coincide with when they needed one. And not calling penalties mes. The Bs were a second or two late to the puck. Also, why in one game did  Chicaogo "win" a majority of the face offs but in no others? And the amount of Bs being thrown out of the circle? Don't EVER remember seeing that many tosses. Or re-drops. 

If you want to be so self righteous that you delve into name calling, then that further validates my viewpoint. Ever since the BS '07 Superbowl I have watched for officiating bias in big games, or even little ones. It's everywhere, non Boston teams as well. In 2010, the Pats got beat clean. One of the few recently that was clean.  This past SuperBowl was garbage as well. I have nothing to gain by being proven right, just want fairness. For any team. Any sport. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Oh please. Save your disgruntled sports fan crap. You are just another person who's head is in the sand.  Was/Is the NBA officiating corrupt? was is F1 racing officials corrupt? Yes and Yes. I don't see where I disagreed with the Bruins not capitalizing on chances they had to win. Even if they had won, it would have been a sour victory.  Every finals or championship games are now pre ordained. Maybe baseball is exempt. Hard to call holding, hooking, boarding etc. Sometimes, a team breaks the cycle, and had the Bruins won this series, put in some of their chances they had, that would have been the case.  You think they can't sense that as players? And the mental burden that must be? How from one game to the next, the Blackhawks were getting penalties, then they werenn't.  And it woud coincide with when they needed one. And not calling penalties mes. The Bs were a second or two late to the puck. Also, why in one game did  Chicaogo "win" a majority of the face offs but in no others? And the amount of Bs being thrown out of the circle? Don't EVER remember seeing that many tosses. Or re-drops. 

If you want to be so self righteous that you delve into name calling, then that further validates my viewpoint. Ever since the BS '07 Superbowl I have watched for officiating bias in big games, or even little ones. It's everywhere, non Boston teams as well. In 2010, the Pats got beat clean. One of the few recently that was clean.  This past SuperBowl was garbage as well. I have nothing to gain by being proven right, just want fairness. For any team. Any sport. 

On your way back to the Sox forum, you should check out the Canucks and Canadiens fan forums.  Tons of like-minded people there for you -- full to the brim of whiney conspiracy theories, misguided bitterness, victim mentality, etc.  You'd love it there.

This is Boston.  We don't whine, complain, and fingerpoint when we lose.  Congrats to the Blackhawks.  Suck it up.

I want a rematch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fletch you beat me to it - is he a Bruins fan or a Canucks fan?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

They had a great run yes loosing the way they did sucks,but definetly proud of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Then you haven't watched much hockey the last ten years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

[QUOTE]

Then you haven't watched much hockey the last ten years.

[/QUOTE

I should have clarified compared to say the Penguins series. Please, I'm in Arizona now after I got out of the Air Force. I was at a local establishment to watch the games. People there, Coyotes fans, not Bruins fans, were calling stuff left and right. They couldn't believe how much the Bruins were getting hosed. And that's just reactions I overheard.  That's a hard fact to swallow I know, but everyone's big and bad on the forums.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

HA! So drunk hockey 'fans' in a bar in Arizona cry foul left and right and you got yourself a conspiracy! 

Other than the trip on Krug, not one non-call stands out in my eyes.  The SCF was evenly and fairly called.

The Blackhawks won bc they were the better team.  Bettman didnt tell the refs to throw the game or call it any which way but down the middle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

HA! So drunk hockey 'fans' in a bar in Arizona cry foul left and right and you got yourself a conspiracy! 

Other than the trip on Krug, not one non-call stands out in my eyes.  The SCF was evenly and fairly called.

The Blackhawks won bc they were the better team.  Bettman didnt tell the refs to throw the game or call it any which way but down the middle.

Yeah Davey and it just cheapens the product when people say things like that. We just witnessed a Final that they will still talk about in 50 years and the officiating won't be mentioned. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If anything I think the refs didn't call enough against the Bruins. There were a few trips by the B's and at least one crosscheck that I thought were automatics. The refs swallowed their whistles for both groups.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yeah Davey and it just cheapens the product when people say things like that. We just witnessed a Final that they will still talk about in 50 years and the officiating won't be mentioned. 

So I take it you missed all this as well? All from game 2?

I was curious if you guys are going to at all discuss the lack of penalties being called on Chicago in blatant circumstances? Number one, on the Chicago goal, Rask was being pinned down by a Blackhawks stick. Both hands on stick pressing down on his back  The video shows it quite plainly. Is that not goaltender interference? 

Number 2 was Marchand being brought down as he was shooting the puck(the one that went off the inside of the post), yet no penalty. Even Doc (not Rivers ha) questioned that one. Again no whistle.

Number 3 was Jagr(third period maybe) having his stick held by a Blackhawks players who was down on the ice. Totally impeding his progress for a good 5-10 seconds.  Interference anyone? Clear as day.

The worst, however, was huddling  up to overturn a puck over the glass penalty. Really? Is this the NFL? Replay showed that the Bruins stick had nothing to do with it. No matter, they decided not to give a penalty. After one had been given. Care to expound on that one?

I know penalties are sometimes not going to be called. But I've seen the Bruins suffering greatly in the past 2 games.  These don't seem to be tricky tack calls either. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was curious if you guys are going to at all discuss the lack of penalties being called on Chicago in blatant circumstances? Number one, on the Chicago goal, Rask was being pinned down by a Blackhawks stick. Both hands on stick pressing down on his back  The video shows it quite plainly. Is that not goaltender interference? 

Number 2 was Marchand being brought down as he was shooting the puck(the one that went off the inside of the post), yet no penalty. Even Doc (not Rivers ha) questioned that one. Again no whistle.

Number 3 was Jagr(third period maybe) having his stick held by a Blackhawks players who was down on the ice. Totally impeding his progress for a good 5-10 seconds.  Interference anyone? Clear as day.

The worst, however, was huddling  up to overturn a puck over the glass penalty. Really? Is this the NFL? Replay showed that the Bruins stick had nothing to do with it. No matter, they decided not to give a penalty. After one had been given. Care to expound on that one?

I know penalties are sometimes not going to be called. But I've seen the Bruins suffering greatly in the past 2 games.  These don't seem to be tricky tack calls either. 

[/QUOTE]

My point is that there were bad calls both ways that weren't due to any conspiracy. If we are to believe in a conspiracy then it just cheapens the 2011 win at the same time and I won't do that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

SoxFan is a fellow netminder who wears his heart on his sleeve. No grudge held or judgement passed here, Sox...If I were held accountable for everything I said, I'd be alone in a cave soemwhere.

Welcome back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My point is that there were bad calls both ways that weren't due to any conspiracy. If we are to believe in a conspiracy then it just cheapens the 2011 win at the same time and I won't do that. 

[/QUOTE]

And maybe it does. People pay good money to go to games, and in my case the sports packages. They shouldn't be cheapend and I hate that I see things. I wish I didn't. It isn't necessarily about the amount of the calls. It's when they happen. Or the lack thereof. Key point again. Did the Blackhawks start playing bad enough to grab penalties in game 6? Was the NHL trying to help the Bruins get to game 7? They didn't capitalize. That's their fault. Yes the Bruins lost. They had chances to win the series. No disputing that. I'm not crying they lost.Thats the big difference.