Bruins 2013 = what I really think

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Bruins 2013 = what I really think

Call me petty, but I'm just glad Iginla didn't make it to the cup this year.  When the B's won that series the way they did, I thought to myself, if they don't win it all, at least they rolled Pittsburgh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

We just disagree Avnav. You're entitled to your opinion. I should add that I was sick over some of those calls too. I just don't buy the conspiracy. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In my opinion, the NHL has the best and most consistent officiating around. To suggest that the league/officials were calling the games anything but fairly, as the games were being played is silly.

Missed calls happen on both ends. They are mistakes and absolutely nothing more. Refs are human and can miss a call or make the wrong call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to porkshop-on-the-edge-of-forever's comment:

I've always been a more-or-less silent fan of SoxFan; I enjoy the contrarianism, and sometimes keeping everyone in check with an opposing view (even if you think it's outrageous and infuriating) is a good thing. But I have to say, this is pretty classy. Extra tip o' the hat to you.

I'm not sure why anyone deserves credit for admitting they were wrong when the truth is so clear.  Sorry is not a time machine and he's still acting like he was a victim that was bullied. In reality, he was the one attempting to bully the entire forum all along and he cried foul when his behavior was questioned. The whole self righteous thing only adds to the comedic fodder. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Avnav, as most of the other posters here know, I live in Vancouver. I've been hearing the conspiracy theories almost daily for 2 years now, and I just cannot buy into it.

And as a counterpoint, the Canucks fans I was with last night (an entire bar's worth),  thought the Bruins weren't getting penalties and one of them drove me nuts by spending the ENTIRE game pointing out missed calls against the Bruins (and I admit there were some) and droning on and on about how there was a conspiracy to let the Bruins win the Cup. We saw how that worked out. Your Coyotes fans thopught it was fixed for the Hawks, my Canucks fans thought it was fixed for the Bruins.

I think it's most likely they're both wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Avnav, as most of the other posters here know, I live in Vancouver. I've been hearing the conspiracy theories almost daily for 2 years now, and I just cannot buy into it.

And as a counterpoint, the Canucks fans I was with last night (an entire bar's worth),  thought the Bruins weren't getting penalties and one of them drove me nuts by spending the ENTIRE game pointing out missed calls against the Bruins (and I admit there were some) and droning on and on about how there was a conspiracy to let the Bruins win the Cup. We saw how that worked out. Your Coyotes fans thopught it was fixed for the Hawks, my Canucks fans thought it was fixed for the Bruins.

I think it's most likely they're both wrong.

Difference there is the were Canucks fans, they had a horse in this race and it was not the Bruins. The coyotes fans, well they had no horse. Who's more partial? That's all. Not trying to start a war, just trying to get people more aware of the calls. If you open your eyes in the NHL, NFL, NBA you will see it. Here's an easy test. Watch the Pats this fall. Wilfork 1 on 1. 60 percent of the time, if he's pass rushing especially, he's being held. They even inadvertently show it on replays all the time.  99 percent of the time, he doesn't get the call. It impacts games. If they called it legit, it would be 1 st and 50 a lot of the time. They can't have that and that's just one of a million examples. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

STOP USING EXAMPLES AND ANALOGIES OF OTHER SPORTS!

They hold NO water here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They had no horse - we were playing the Hawks, the only team most of these fans, not all, hate more than the Bruins. Seriously, most of my friends were practically groaning in pain when it turned out to be the Bruins and Blackhawks. They lacked a horse due to equal hatred.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I can't think of a series were there were not missed calls.  Pointing a few valid ones out, does nothing to establish bias, or certainly not a league conspiracy.

I'll say this, I think that luck was on the Hawks side in a lot of different ways.  The Bruins beat Crawford cleanly a lot.  The Hawks scored on deflections, bounces, rebounds -- the way the Bruins usually do.  The B's couldn't get any of those bouncing lucky goals.  Unlucky.  The Bruins hit a lot of posts, some in overtime, and fumbled some sure game winners (Daug, Kelly).  Unlucky.  The refs missed some calls against the Hawks.  Unlucky.  The Hawks got away with some very subtle, but very effective goalie interference.  Unlucky.

What does all of this amount to?  Nothing.  Jack squat.  This is exactly the stuff the Bruins try to do, and sometimes they come out ahead too.

The Blackhawks also played great, lest you forget.  You immediately realized the Bruins weren't playing the Leafs or Rangers anymore in Game 1.  The Hawks are fast as heck.  Their breakout is excellent.  Three lines that can score.  Their defensemen were a constant headache.  Keith, Seabrook, Leddy were such strong skaters and so fast moving the puck.  We couldn't pound them on the forecheck and force them into over-rotations, like the first three series.

Add all that up, and the Hawks win.  How can you complain?  Sure it could have gone the other way (could've been a sweep for the B's with some overtime luck).  But it didn't happen.

Let's not cry foul.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

Sad the O. P. has to say he is sorry for being right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In response to jf19told_ya_so's comment:

Sad the O. P. has to say he is sorry for being right.

let me help you out so you don't have to go back and read his entire post.

SoxFanInIl said:

I was absolutely, totally, 100 % wrong and completely out of line when I said those things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

For the record, officiating did not impact who won the Stanley Cup this year, or any other year.

YES, there are numerous calls and non-calls that take place in every series that have us all screaming at the TV for the home team.

YES there are many calls that the Bruins got powerplays that I scratched my head and thought were ticky-tack in a Stanley Cup playoff game, but needless to say the B's more likely than not failed to capitalize on...but then again they were pretty efficient on the penalty kill to offset that.

When all was said and done, the Hawks were the better team during the Stanley Cup finals and shortened regular season. Let's just tip our caps to them and move on.

Reflecting on some bad officiating calls and league conspiracies is futile. Officiating is done by humans, who make mistakes, in all sports...it is part of game. Funny thing is we have had a poster on this board who consistently tries to sell us that the Bruins get the benefits of all the referees calls because Greg Campbell's dad is the NHLOA head...that accusation is assinine too.

Sections
Shortcuts