Bruins against Western Conference Teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Bruins against Western Conference Teams

From a strength of conference perspective, I think many would agree that the Western Conference is tougher, and the B's record against them is deceiving.

7-4-1. 

7: 2 against Columbus, Calgary, LA, Edmonton, Chicago, Phoenix.

4: Vancouver, Dallas, Colorado, San Jose

1: Detroit

All of those losses are against teams that are expected to make the playoffs, barring Colorado. 

Just putting this out there. I think it tells me that the B's need to add a bit more skill, a la Ray Whitney or someone of that ilk, at the trade deadline.

I may be wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Bruins against Western Conference Teams

I think your last sentence sums it up pretty well.  I don't think they need anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Get a grip on life! actuallty the east is stronger this year.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I haven't seen another team yet this year that could handle the Bruins in a 7 game series. No changes are needed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Bruins against Western Conference Teams:
    From a strength of conference perspective, I think many would agree that the Western Conference is tougher, and the B's record against them is deceiving. 7-4-1.  7: 2 against Columbus, Calgary, LA, Edmonton, Chicago, Phoenix. 4: Vancouver, Dallas, Colorado, San Jose 1: Detroit All of those losses are against teams that are expected to make the playoffs, barring Colorado.  Just putting this out there. I think it tells me that the B's need to add a bit more skill, a la Ray Whitney or someone of that ilk, at the trade deadline. I may be wrong.
    Posted by shaunk

DUH ! !  Didnt we win the Stanley Cup last year against the best of the west ???

and last night ...if we wouldnt have been rubbed by the refs ...the B's were all over the nucks before we lost Marchand and Looch ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Bruins against Western Conference Teams:
    From a strength of conference perspective, I think many would agree that the Western Conference is tougher, and the B's record against them is deceiving. 7-4-1.  7: 2 against Columbus, Calgary, LA, Edmonton, Chicago, Phoenix. 4: Vancouver, Dallas, Colorado, San Jose 1: Detroit All of those losses are against teams that are expected to make the playoffs, barring Colorado.  Just putting this out there. I think it tells me that the B's need to add a bit more skill, a la Ray Whitney or someone of that ilk, at the trade deadline. I may be wrong.
    Posted by shaunk

at least you're right about one thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Depth on the blueline is all I can see right now that the Bruins will need for the playoffs as it would worry me if the Bruins had to turn too Bartkowski or Kampfer for more than a game or two during the post-season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins against Western Conference Teams:
    Depth on the blueline is all I can see right now that the Bruins will need for the playoffs as it would worry me if the Bruins had to turn too Bartkowski or Kampfer for more than a game or two during the post-season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

i agree.  i'm sure pc will look to add 1 or 2 nhl calliber d-men at the deadline.  we were lucky the b's blueline stayed healthy last year.  i don't know if they could've won the cup with shane hnidy and his 3 minutes a night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Get a grip on life! actuallty the east is stronger this year.....
    Posted by riptide757

True, the East is stronger this year, and I haven't seen any team that the Bruins or there fans should be afraid of this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

i agree.  i'm sure pc will look to add 1 or 2 nhl calliber d-men at the deadline.  we were lucky the b's blueline stayed healthy last year.  i don't know if they could've won the cup with shane hnidy and his 3 minutes a night-goodnewsbears

At the expense of what, fool? Giving up on McQuaid and Manchuk? You're a tool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OEC you sure are making some nasty comments. No one is giving up on McQuaid or Boychuck, but where do the Bruins go if one of their regulat 6 D gets hurt?We've noticed that Kamfer is the best alternative, but let's not bet the bank on him. The Bruins have cap space and tradeable young players that are desirable, and would love to get a Gleason or similiar experienced Defenseman before too long. just like Kelly and Peverly last year, this year's need is a reliable/experienced, and tough defenseman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

OEC you sure are making some nasty comments. No one is giving up on McQuaid or Boychuck, but where do the Bruins go if one of their regulat 6 D gets hurt?We've noticed that Kamfer is the best alternative, but let's not bet the bank on him. The Bruins have cap space and tradeable young players that are desirable, and would love to get a Gleason or similiar experienced Defenseman before too long. just like Kelly and Peverly last year, this year's need is a reliable/experienced, and tough defenseman
    Posted by bogie6

Bogie, it's admirable that you're including the kids table in our conversation but it's hard for OEC to be civil now that his lover-man Joe Colborne has dropped out of the top 50 in AHL scoring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins against Western Conference Teams : Bogie, it's admirable that you're including the kids table in our conversation but it's hard for OEC to be civil now that his lover-man Joe Colborne has dropped out of the top 50 in AHL scoring.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You must mean "The Beast" Joe Colborne.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins against Western Conference Teams : You must mean "The Beast" Joe Colborne.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Same guy. 6 points in his last 14 AHL games to go along with 8 PIM's on the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins against Western Conference Teams : True, the East is stronger this year, and I haven't seen any team that the Bruins or there fans should be afraid of this year.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I think from what Ive seen this year, regardless of bad calls yesterday, the B's and their fans should be concerned about San Jose, Vancouver and most noteably, Detroit.

The Bs are capable of beating any of them, but those 3 will give them trouble.   San Jose will not back down from them, Vancouver is very skilled when they arent acting like panty-waisted schoolgirls and Detroit will not be affected by the B's trying to intimidate them.

Sections
Shortcuts