Bruins alternatives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bruins alternatives

Start with Claude's defense being a major factor in the Bruins winning. Now, consider that Thornton's lack of skill is dragging down the "Merlot" line's effectiveness, and putting a burden on all of the other lines. Consider that Paille's game is solid and he should be on the 3rd line with Kelly/Peverly rather than Bourque; Will McDermid  be a better 4th line player than Tardiff who is showing a goal scoring touch in Providence ? When might Caron be called up ? Are Ference and Seidenberg showing signs of slowing down ? Will the up-coming compressed schedule put more pressure on both of these aging defensemen ? It doesn't look like Claude has any confidence in Johnson, so when will Krug be given some NHL ice time ? Perhaps Claude doesn't want to be developing two youthful defensemen. Answers need to be acted upon sooner rather than later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Bruins alternatives

In response to bogie6's comment:

Start with Claude's defense being a major factor in the Bruins winning. Now, consider that Thornton's lack of skill is dragging down the "Merlot" line's effectiveness, and putting a burden on all of the other lines. Consider that Paille's game is solid and he should be on the 3rd line with Kelly/Peverly rather than Bourque; Will McDermid  be a better 4th line player than Tardiff who is showing a goal scoring touch in Providence ? When might Caron be called up ? Are Ference and Seidenberg showing signs of slowing down ? Will the up-coming compressed schedule put more pressure on both of these aging defensemen ? It doesn't look like Claude has any confidence in Johnson, so when will Krug be given some NHL ice time ? Perhaps Claude doesn't want to be developing two youthful defensemen. Answers need to be acted upon sooner rather than later.

I see you've dropped Chara from your critique of the defence. Have the opposing forwards stopped blowing by him , or was it the pirouette that changed your mind ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It was Chara's improved play overall in the last two games. Let's hope both Ference and Seidenberg can also step it up, but their problems may be old injuries and age.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It was Chara's improved play overall in the last two games. Let's hope both Ference and Seidenberg can also step it up, but their problems may be old injuries and age.

I think your nit picking & too critical.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree that Chara wasn't playing at his level, but looks fine now.

Hopefully Ference can follow suit.  His recent play has been dreadful.

I have no issue with Seidenberg thus far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Thornton's time will come. He'll help the cause along the long and winding road.

The Bruins will win or lose together.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Thorntons done, the scott knock down has sent him into lala land and hes still there, dont need him. Ferrence has to go, they need johnson more stable physical play, seids is not up to par but i have faith in him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Thorntons done, the scott knock down has sent him into lala land and hes still there, dont need him. Ferrence has to go, they need johnson more stable physical play, seids is not up to par but i have faith in him.

Why do you think Johnson will be better than Ference?

(and I know that Ference hasn't been playing well)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

This is likely the first time in his lengthy career that Ference hasn't gone through a full NHL training camp before the season began. I'd give him some time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Think it would be possible to package Ference with a pick or prospect to get Ian White out of Detroit?

I should know better than to suggest this, but flame away folks!