BRUINS an 8 cylinders working on 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS an 8 cylinders working on 7

As simple as that

SHAWN THORTON 5gp.  0 g  0 a.  0pt.   17pim

RYAN SPOONER     4gp.   2g. 3a. 5 pts.   2 pim

what do the BRUINS need more PIM's or points

Someone in the management : PLEASE WAKE UP !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: BRUINS an 8 cylinders working on 7

Now that I've watched the team, I wouldn't make that change.  The only thing I'm considering right now:  if Marchand puts it together before Iginla scores, I might give him a shot with Lucic and Krejci.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Something i thought would happen is putting Lou E on with Krec and Lucic and Iginla with bergeron and marchand, simply because iginla is a tough guy who works harder and lou i think would get more space on the lucic line.

Might see it yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Is there a single person here that thought Thornton would outscore, in the NHL, Ryan Spooner, in the AHL?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How long before Bruins can't blame chemistry anymore ?

How many games ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

How many games ?

Are the Bruins laying blame to bad chemistry? Sorry, I missed that SanDog.

I have only seen impatient Bruins fans complain about not scoring 4-5 goals a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Spooner is not a 4th line wing in the NHL, stats aren't even comparable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to wallydouglas's comment:

Something i thought would happen is putting Lou E on with Krec and Lucic and Iginla with bergeron and marchand, simply because iginla is a tough guy who works harder and lou i think would get more space on the lucic line.

Might see it yet.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Move the Newbies around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It just looks like they just can't score. Not that they aren't trying, but that they CAN'T. They look slow, and easy to control. Colorado made them look like a bunch of beer leaguers. It was pure luck that they beat CBJ, if not for the soft goal Kelly got against Bobo. Detroit was a full step ahead. If not for the deflection off of Loui's knee, this game isn't even close. 3 Games in a row that they are hard pressed to get anything going. I didn't see the first 2, and beating Detroit 4-1 was pretty impressive, but there isn't a lot of spark to their game.

We are all probably getting worried about nothing. After what they did to the Leafs, I have a hard time doubting them, but that isn't it. They just look so slow. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

How many games ?

Blame chemistry for what?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

How many games ?

I have only seen impatient Bruins fans complain about not scoring 4-5 goals a game.

I don't need to see comments from Julien or PC to know scoring under 3 goals a game is not good.

How many games before you start with callups or re-shuffling lines ?

Impatient ? Or am I seeing something that does not look good becasue i've watched hockey long enough.

I don't equate not liking Iginla taking wrist shots outside of the dots to panic.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

How many games ?

I don't need to see comments from Julien or PC to know scoring under 3 goals a game is not good.

How many games before you start with callups or re-shuffling lines ?

Impatient ? Or am I seeing something that does not look good becasue i've watched hockey long enough.

I don't equate not liking Iginla taking wrist shots outside of the dots to panic.

You got it San. You and I are seeing things we don't like. It doesn't take someone to point it out. It is early in the season, but so far....

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Iginla is a notoriously slow starter..." - shupe, and half the world.

I'm less concerned about Iginla's shot selection than I am pleased that he looks to take the shot when it's there.  Not worried about him, but in terms of when you start trying to goose him, I'd say 20 games.  So far, they've lost two games by, basically, two goals (plus an ENG).  They lost to a team that hasn't lost yet, much to everyone's surprise, and to the Red Wings.  They go through some kind of fallow period with goalscoring every year - sometimes more than one.  The best thing that can happen here is that the lines as they are catch fire, so as long as the team is still winning more than it's losing, and they're playing good, complete hockey - don't fix with what ain't broken.

Debating Spooner v Thornton with Stanley?  Pointless.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I'm less concerned about Iginla's shot selection than I am pleased that he looks to take the shot when it's there.  Not worried about him, but in terms of when you start trying to goose him, I'd say 20 games."

That's very fair. I love that iginla turns and fires but he has taken so many shots way out above or in the faceoff circle and those are easy pickens for even a backup goalie. Jarome's shot is so heavy, i'd just like to see him shoot more much closer. I know that is not always there but so many times he's had room to skate up and take something closer this season.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/10/15/jarome-iginla-on-his-slow-start-to-start-season-ive-been-here-many-times/

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

60% wins should get us in the playoffs, right? If we can do that and stay healthy...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Is there a single person here that thought Thornton would outscore, in the NHL, Ryan Spooner, in the AHL?

That's the funniest response of the season so far.  Hahaha!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Spooner is not a 4th line wing in the NHL, stats aren't even comparable. 

No you're right but Thornton being in the line up is a wasted roster spot ...how about Thornton on the gallery, Caron on the 4th and Spooner in..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

As simple as that

SHAWN THORTON 5gp.  0 g  0 a.  0pt.   17pim

RYAN SPOONER     4gp.   2g. 3a. 5 pts.   2 pim

what do the BRUINS need more PIM's or points

Someone in the management : PLEASE WAKE UP !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I could see Caron taking Thornton's spot for a few games when Soderberg gets back.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I could see Caron taking Thornton's spot for a few games when Soderberg gets back.

That would be quite an improvment .....even the Lemon scored a goal last night ...UNREAL !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The Bruins are 3 and 2 to start the season. I am not making comments about the Bruins play, to early to judge. I will wait after the the Bruins play 10 or more.

We traded Joe Thornton, Kessel and Seguin. The last three years the B's been to the stanley cup finals.

We chanted thank you Kessel and now he playing better with the leafs then he did with bruins.

Thornton is happier in the west coast system.

Seguin may be the next thing but don't seem that way now but ????????? good luck kid in new conference.

Out of all three of these players, i am thinking kessel so far is the lop sided deal. Unless Knight and Hamilton can show if they are the next one to step up. We got Reilly Smith and Erikson for Seguin.

The Thornton deal  and now the kessel deal is in the history book. I am not losing sleep over this.

Getting rask for raycroft was a great deal and lets not forget about Samsonov going to Edm. and eventually Lucic.

As for Shawn Thornton well every team has one and at least he will not pull a stupid move like Lapierre just did.

Smith Soderberg Caron could possibly be the future third line but Kelly will need to be the third line center for now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

"Iginla is a notoriously slow starter..." - shupe, and half the world.

I'm less concerned about Iginla's shot selection than I am pleased that he looks to take the shot when it's there.  Not worried about him, but in terms of when you start trying to goose him, I'd say 20 games.  So far, they've lost two games by, basically, two goals (plus an ENG).  They lost to a team that hasn't lost yet, much to everyone's surprise, and to the Red Wings.  They go through some kind of fallow period with goalscoring every year - sometimes more than one.  The best thing that can happen here is that the lines as they are catch fire, so as long as the team is still winning more than it's losing, and they're playing good, complete hockey - don't fix with what ain't broken.

Debating Spooner v Thornton with Stanley?  Pointless.

Agreed. And scoring under 3 goals per game is not great, but not so bad when you are only giving up under 2 goals per game.

Let's see how they play through Florida this week...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I remember Flame fans freaking out about Ig's & his slow starts. How many x have we seen him turn into a complete scoring machine after the Christmas break? I'm not worried about Iglina at all. Matter of fact I'm not worried about anything on this team. People complaining about speed? They lost 2 players that had some, but what did they do with it? It's laughable to hear people complaining about Louie scoring off his knee, but after 3 games he had 0 goals people were saying he needed a lucky bounce to get going. This place is funnier than Yuk Yuk's sometimes! 

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts