1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays

If people can stop talking about politics for another second.

What's the deal with going with another ECHL team?

Anybody know Why?

I imagine the whole Reading team goes to Carolina, right?

Or what is the deal?  Isn't pretty much everyone on the team under contract with the Bruins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays

In Response to Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays:
    [QUOTE]If people can stop talking about politics for another second. What's the deal with going with another ECHL team? Anybody know Why? I imagine the whole Reading team goes to Carolina, right? Or what is the deal?  Isn't pretty much everyone on the team under contract with the Bruins?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Probably not BH. I believe each NHL team is allowed to have only 50 players under contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Its also interesting that Peter Chiarelli owns a USHL team called Dubuque. It seems this guy watches a ton of hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays : Probably not BH. I believe each NHL team is allowed to have only 50 players under contract.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

So they fund a team just for the sake of about 10 guys?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

i could be completely wrong but i don't think the Bruins are necessarily affiliated with Reading in an official capacity. I read something a while ago about how not all NHL teams have ECHL teams, but they can "loan" players to those teams pretty easily. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]i could be completely wrong but i don't think the Bruins are necessarily affiliated with Reading in an official capacity. I read something a while ago about how not all NHL teams have ECHL teams, but they can "loan" players to those teams pretty easily. 
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

100% positive they were affiliated with Reading,

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

east coast teams are weird, i know that they can be affiliated with more than one team. I'm pretty sure reading had something with the  maple leafs while they had a lot of bruins palyers too 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays : So they fund a team just for the sake of about 10 guys?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    No they wouldn't really "fund the team". Teams in the Coast would have their own ownership groups that are trying to make money through ticket sales, etc. Having an affiliation with the Bruins only means that the Bruins are helping them ice a team by essentially giving them some "free" players. The Bruins already have more guys under contract than they have room for in Boston and Prov. They need a place to put them so it's win-win for the Bruins and Stingrays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins & ECHL Carolina Stingrays : No they wouldn't really "fund the team". Teams in the Coast would have their own ownership groups that are trying to make money through ticket sales, etc. Having an affiliation with the Bruins only means that the Bruins are helping them ice a team by essentially giving them some "free" players. The Bruins already have more guys under contract than they have room for in Boston and Prov. They need a place to put them so it's win-win for the Bruins and Stingrays.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think you nailed it, and also it is kind of close so they save money on trips for scouts who want to get a peak at who is doing what.