Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full???

In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full???:
    [QUOTE]They're nowhere near Cup ready as of right now. They need another sniper on offense and a guy who can--yes, I'm going to say it--really MOVE the puck out of the defensive zone and help score at the other end of the ice. They rely far too much currently on their excellent goaltending but TT is only human and leaning too much on him and hoping he can stand on his head thru the playoffs is a recipe for failure. They are also susceptible to fast-skating speedy teams like Montreal that pester and blow by the tough but slow-moving D-corps, not to mention hard-forechecking clubs like Philly that will eat them alive in a 7-game series.* *That being sais, I like what I've seen out of Kampfer so far--he's been a real nice surprise and I wouldn't rule out trading Stuart in a package deal w/Ryder/Wheeler and/or Paille to bring back a serious scoring threat at the trade deadline. No matter what happens**, unless the Bruins make at least TWO very big significant rodter changes to add some scoring punch on the offensive side and help from the blue line to add scoring and better transition game from their own end, they are goners by round 2. **Barring Seguin turning into Steve Stamkos 2 years before that's really possible. Sorry, but that's just the reality right now. A look at where the Bruins are in the standings at this point (remember the Bill Parcells principle about your record being exactly who you are) will tell you exactly how good they are and they are most definitely right now NOT 2011 Stanley Cup winners, or even contenders.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    So going by your "reality",Boston is nowhere near having a chance.Does the same hold true of the Blackhawks,whose winning percentage is considerably lower than Boston?Does their record reflect exactly who they are?For the record,Stamkos took half a season to evolve into a top flight talent(became a point/game player in 2nd half)so am I being too optimistic to think Seguin could do the same or are you being pessimistic to think he can't?I think it's far too early to speculate as to who has a legitimate chance to win it all but still believe Boston has the most important pieces in place(solid goaltending,shutdown D-man,and a balanced 3 line attack).If Boston can manage to be healthy come play-offs they'll be able to compete with anyone in the East.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]U better believe it we're on the right track ....not only for the Cup this season but for 3 in a row .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley, you are always good for a laugh...

Do you have Black and Gold jammies too ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full??? : So going by your "reality",Boston is nowhere near having a chance.Does the same hold true of the Blackhawks,whose winning percentage is considerably lower than Boston?Does their record reflect exactly who they are?For the record,Stamkos took half a season to evolve into a top flight talent(became a point/game player in 2nd half)so am I being too optimistic to think Seguin could do the same or are you being pessimistic to think he can't?I think it's far too early to speculate as to who has a legitimate chance to win it all but still believe Boston has the most important pieces in place(solid goaltending,shutdown D-man,and a balanced 3 line attack).If Boston can manage to be healthy come play-offs they'll be able to compete with anyone in the East.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Of all the different posts,this makes the most sense to me.
    Seguin's play in the final 20 games of the season, may be a good indicator on the team's potential success in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

This team is going nowhere. Clueless GM followed by a stubburn coach with too many heartless players to name.

It all starts at the top

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full??? : So going by your "reality",Boston is nowhere near having a chance.Does the same hold true of the Blackhawks,whose winning percentage is considerably lower than Boston?Does their record reflect exactly who they are?For the record,Stamkos took half a season to evolve into a top flight talent(became a point/game player in 2nd half)so am I being too optimistic to think Seguin could do the same or are you being pessimistic to think he can't?I think it's far too early to speculate as to who has a legitimate chance to win it all but still believe Boston has the most important pieces in place(solid goaltending,shutdown D-man,and a balanced 3 line attack).If Boston can manage to be healthy come play-offs they'll be able to compete with anyone in the East.

Yep--going by my reality--and no need for saracstic air quotes--the Hawks--which as you should know is NOT the same team that won the Cup last year after shedding key players to save $$$, is as good as their record indicates.

And I find it REALLY hard to believe that watching this Bruins team, you actually think they're going to be able to compete with "anyone in the east" come playoff time as long as they stay healthy. Are we watching the same team? The one that lost 4 out of 5 and has no sustained attack and looks lifeless night after night and is only clinging barely to a #8 playoff slot b/c their goalie stood on his head and stole points for almost 2 months???

Wow, Dez--I get you're a Bruins fan...and I love the team, too....but I think you're letting your loyalty get in the way of objective assessment here. If this is the bruins team--same players and coach--that squeaks into the playoffs, they are DOA...and you can save this post and call me out on it if it turns out otherwise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full??? : Yep--going by my reality--and no need for saracstic air quotes--the Hawks--which as you should know is NOT the same team that won the Cup last year after shedding key players to save $$$, is as good as their record indicates. And I find it REALLY hard to believe that watching this Bruins team, you actually think they're going to be able to compete with "anyone in the east" come playoff time as long as they stay healthy. Are we watching the same team? The one that lost 4 out of 5 and has no sustained attack and looks lifeless night after night and is only clinging barely to a #8 playoff slot b/c their goalie stood on his head and stole points for almost 2 months??? Wow, Dez--I get you're a Bruins fan...and I love the team, too....but I think you're letting your loyalty get in the way of objective assessment here. If this is the bruins team-- same players and coach --that squeaks into the playoffs, they are DOA...and you can save this post and call me out on it if it turns out otherwise.
    neither of us needs to save posts as we know where each other  stands .You think I'm so optimistic that I can't be objective.I think you're pessimism dosen't allow you to find any positive outside of goaltending on a team that wins twice as many as they lose.Are you going to tell me chicago isn't still the favourite to win it all.To be the best you must beat the best.And you're all over the place when it comes to the health of this team.It seems Savard is the only player who you expect to improve once he gets healthy.The rest of the team is DOA as you put it.Fortunately  for the Bruins,your opinion dosen't  equal reality regardless of you saying so.Clinging to a playoff spot-you're the only poster on here(that I don't think is a troll)that has proposed Boston may not make the playoffs.Still having games in hand on the whole conference(other than the NYI) skews the standings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full??? : Yep--going by my reality--and no need for saracstic air quotes--the Hawks--which as you should know is NOT the same team that won the Cup last year after shedding key players to save $$$, is as good as their record indicates. And I find it REALLY hard to believe that watching this Bruins team, you actually think they're going to be able to compete with "anyone in the east" come playoff time as long as they stay healthy. Are we watching the same team? The one that lost 4 out of 5 and has no sustained attack and looks lifeless night after night and is only clinging barely to a #8 playoff slot b/c their goalie stood on his head and stole points for almost 2 months??? Wow, Dez--I get you're a Bruins fan...and I love the team, too....but I think you're letting your loyalty get in the way of objective assessment here. If this is the bruins team-- same players and coach --that squeaks into the playoffs, they are DOA...and you can save this post and call me out on it if it turns out otherwise.
    And,for the record,who are these Eastern powerhouses that have Boston so greatly overmatched?It seems to me Boston has a good record against the East's best teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full??? : neither of us needs to save posts as we know where each other  stands .You think I'm so optimistic that I can't be objective.I think you're pessimism dosen't allow you to find any positive outside of goaltending on a team that wins twice as many as they lose.Are you going to tell me chicago isn't still the favourite to win it all.To be the best you must beat the best.And you're all over the place when it comes to the health of this team.It seems Savard is the only player who you expect to improve once he gets healthy.The rest of the team is DOA as you put it.Fortunately  for the Bruins,your opinion dosen't  equal reality regardless of you saying so.Clinging to a playoff spot-you're the only poster on here(that I don't think is a troll)that has proposed Boston may not make the playoffs.Still having games in hand on the whole conference(other than the NYI) skews the standings.

The Hawks team that won last year is NOT the same team they have on the ice this year. You know that. So "beating the best" in your analogy makes no sense.
    Let's agree to disagree. You are correct that I see the Bruins as DOA this year for a post season run. I find it ridiculous that you continue to challenge ny assertion that this team's play has been anything but disappointing.

Maybe you;re right and Seguin will turn into Stamkos in the last 2 mos. of the season. I'm on record as saying no way, Jose. The games in hand argument is pretty thin. When the B's do get chances to make up ground they turn in clunkers like they did last nite vs. The Ducks. They're not just toast for the likes of Pitt. (and yes, Wash.--despite their winning record vs the Caps this year I'll put money on the Caps in a 7-game series over this B's team as constructed and be REAL confident my wallet gets thicker....add to that list Phily, Atlanta, Montreal, and probably the NY Rangers. If Tampa had a decent goalie I'd addd them, too.

I'm no troll as you pointed out and I'm a Bruins fan thru and thru (no choice in the matter).....but I really do not understand where your optimism stems from regarding this team. Their play has been un-inspiring to say the very least and yes, their standing IN the standings reflects exactly what they are--an 8th place team ready to be eaten alive by whomever they have the misfortune of drawing should they make the post season. Why you think they'll suddenly turn it on and become a powerhouse come playoff time is beyond me.

Given the objective reality of what we're all looking at I don't see that as a very outlandish statement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins "Cup" Half Empty or Half Full??? : The Hawks team that won last year is NOT the same team they have on the ice this year. You know that. So "beating the best" in your analogy makes no sense. Let's agree to disagree. You are correct that I see the Bruins as DOA this year for a post season run. I find it ridiculous that you continue to challenge ny assertion that this team's play has been anything but disappointing. Maybe you;re right and Seguin will turn into Stamkos in the last 2 mos. of the season. I'm on record as saying no way, Jose. The games in hand argument is pretty thin. When the B's do get chances to make up ground they turn in clunkers like they did last nite vs. The Ducks. They're not just toast for the likes of Pitt. (and yes, Wash.--despite their winning record vs the Caps this year I'll put money on the Caps in a 7-game series over this B's team as constructed and be REAL confident my wallet gets thicker....add to that list Phily, Atlanta, Montreal, and probably the NY Rangers. If Tampa had a decent goalie I'd addd them, too. I'm no troll as you pointed out and I'm a Bruins fan thru and thru (no choice in the matter).....but I really do not understand where your optimism stems from regarding this team. Their play has been un-inspiring to say the very least and yes, their standing IN the standings reflects exactly what they are--an 8th place team ready to be eaten alive by whomever they have the misfortune of drawing should they make the post season. Why you think they'll suddenly turn it on and become a powerhouse come playoff time is beyond me. Given the objective reality of what we're all looking at I don't see that as a very outlandish statement.
    It's mainly because I remember last years team losing to the Flyers by the narrowest of margins(Flyers qualified on last day of season in a shootout).The Flyers then went on to the finals and performed admirably.Boston has a better team this year so I don't think it's as ridiculous as you think that they might make a run come the post-season.Am I the only one who remembers the turmoil of last season.The Bruins barely make the playoffs but are then a disappointment by not making the finals.The playoffs are all about a team gelling at the right time and riding a hot goaltender.I just don't see this as being as far-fetched as you beleive it to be.As you stated,let's agree to disagree and hope that I'm right(as I know you want them to win also).Cheers and Merry Christmas to one of my favourite debaters.

Sections
Shortcuts