BRUINS ARE GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: BRUINS ARE GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Dez,

I have Pitt vs Van as a cup final.  Van is playing amazing hockey.  They are deep, the entire team hits, they control the puck.  They are good.  I just see the stars shining and should Pitt add a few pieces to play with Gino and Sid they will be able to take on all comers.  I also think that Philly is very deep and are even better on the back end than last year. 

I guess injuries are always the main area.  Stay healthy go far. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree with your headline... my current pic for improvement is Jussi Jokinen. Will be an UFA this year, plays LW, provides decent secondary scoring, seems to do his best work on the PP and would be a low cap hit that could be acquired without giving much provided Carolina falls out of the playoff hunt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

At the start of the year I picked a Canucks vs. Boston final, and I'm confident sticking with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

This is 2011. With the parity in the NHL, about a dozen teams could conceivably win the Cup. Maybe more. The Bruins are certainly on that list. Are they odds-on-definitely-gonna-win-it-plan-the-parade-contenders? No. But the make up of the team gives them a shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS ARE GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH:
    [QUOTE]I would give us a chance against Tampa and I wouldnt wanna take the Caps on but believe we could beat them...but they are better than their record and have a lot of guys out.  PLUS I think they will be very active at the deadline.  I don't want any part of Philly.  They are better than last year and I think if Sid comes back healthy they are gonna win it all. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Bruins could beat both Tampa and Washington. The Bruins goaltending is much better than either team's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS ARE GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH:
    [QUOTE]steve, I think you are throwing a lot of the good posters here under the bus.  Sure there are a few who love the fantasy GM aspect of things.  But as a person who east, breaths and sleeps hockey I look at what this GM has done and realize why a lot of the moves were made.  Every GM will make mistakes.  I wasn't happy with Lucic's deal but I do understand why he did it.  I dislike Chara's deal.  I have never warmed up to Ryder's deal and now Ference.  Every team has them.  And the ones that don't are in total rebuild mode.  And I see the positive moves he has made as well. I think that the Bruins do have some chips to deal.  Aside from obvious cap restraints there are moves that can be done.  I am happy for playoff hockey.  We are there most yrs.  Its just tiring watching a team that is literally a few moves away from contenders not adjust the roster to do so.  We have numerous picks, we have numerous prospects and NHL ready cal players...we also have guys on our current roster who hold value. Wheeler in my eyes is a chip that most teams will look at.  Size, speed and an ability to score.  I think Wheeler and a high end pick lands us a top line scorer. Think the Oilers wouldn't listen to Wheeler/B's 1st round pick for Penner.  The Cap hit isn't that far off.  Ryder is a salary dump on a team that would fire him in the AHL...I mean teams like the leafs have already stated they would do this if a pick or prospect was coming in return.  Ryder/2nd rounder for Kaberle? I mean I know nothing about the inside of a hockey operation, but no one on her does.  These blogs are for everyone.  I skim through most and read posts from some of the regulars that know a lot about hockey.  I have a blast debating with a guy like N-O-T and Dez.  Why?  a. b/c I like to argue. b. b/c they know their stuff so I have to bring my A-game. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Certainly don't intend to throw anyone under a bus here Shupe.  In fact your reply to my post suggests I'm throwing "PC" under a bus.  I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
    I'm merely stating the B's are a pretty good team, and my opinion at the chance of a blockbuster move coming.(slim to none, beacause of contract issues, and cap constraints.)  Sure there will be some action in the next few weeks, but barring major injuries, this team will be tweaking, not overhauling.
    You mentioned Wheeler and a top draft pick being very enticing to some teams.  That's your opinion, and you could very well be right, however, there's more to it than expecting a "top line scorer" in return.  Teams covet draft picks, however, they also realize they can get Wheeler for free, if they only want to wait a few games(free agency).  If Wheeler was signed to a cap friendly contract through at least next season, things would be totally different, but no one is gonna give up much for a guy that may walk after 25 games.  There's just too much risk nowadays.  Teams are built, developed, maintained and improved much, much differently than they were just a few years ago.
    Most contenders are up against the cap.  Using your Wheeler/draft pick example, if that trade indeed happened, it's almost a certainty, the top line player aquired, would be making more money than Wheeler.  If so, the B's would have to somehow, delete another player from the roster to become cap compliant again.  Many forget about these things when clamouring for improvement.  If anything here, I'm supporting the GM, which seems to go against what you've written above.    
    Shupe, there's another person on here with a moniker almost the same as mine.  Are you confusing my post with someone elses?