Bruins are not a playoff team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Bruins are not a playoff team

They blow leads, can't score, and have average goaltending. If not for the 15 game run or so when they seemed to get every bounce and win nearly every game by a goal they would be well out of the playoff race. Since winning the cup the roster has become much weaker, Rask stinks, Seguin is average at best, and they are no longer the physical team playing to win every game. The Canadians have run away with the division since the 2nd week and the Leafs and Sabres have  been beating them with ease. Hamilton looks like a keeper, they should be sellers and build around him. They will continue to fade out of the playoff race so they should end up with a decent draft pick. Iginla knew the Bruins were not a contender that's why he chose to go to the penguins. 

Not trying to be negative here folks, just realistic. Anyone who thinks this team looks good and a contender to win the cup, please explain how.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Bruins are not a playoff team

It would be boring around here if they won every game...we wouldn't be able to read gem posts like yours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I'm mad as hell about the Bruins form lately but its pretty safe they're way under achieving. We all know they're better than this but they don't have the time to wait for the return of Kelly or McQuaid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Welcome football fan. Here's the funny thing about hockey:  They play more than 16 games.  There are ups and downs during the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The point I was making is that if the Bs don't start pulling things around now they'll be gone in the first round of the play offs before McQuaid is scheduled to return. Kelly too. The Bruins have been a wildly inconsistent team since winning the Cup in 2011 ,well beyond '16' games.

BTW NAS, I've been a hockey fan for over 40 years. Being a regular poster here does not somehow make you the ultimate authority on the Bs. Nor do you own these boards. Heck, you aren't even renting them.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

The point I was making is that if the Bs don't start pulling things around now they'll be gone in the first round of the play offs before McQuaid is scheduled to return. Kelly too. The Bruins have been a wildly inconsistent team since winning the Cup in 2011 ,well beyond '16' games.

BTW NAS, I've been a hockey fan for over 40 years. Being a regular poster here does not somehow make you the ultimate authority on the Bs. Nor do you own these boards. Heck, you aren't even renting them.  

I'm not really sure why you have chosen to post this, Hanrahan.  My post was in response to the OP, not you.

Maybe you're just upset because Dunlop knows your wife's a d*ke?  He knows!  He knows!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

2011 Cup year - 103 points.

2012 non cup year - 102 points

This year - Battling for first in the Division

Explain "wildly inconsistent"??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Canadians have run away with the division"

The Shabs get into 1st for awhile and the trolls return, just more to add too the ignore list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The Bruins had a stretch where they lost 7 out of 8 games before going on to win the Cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to kjfitone's comment:

They blow leads, can't score, and have average goaltending. If not for the 15 game run or so when they seemed to get every bounce and win nearly every game by a goal they would be well out of the playoff race. Since winning the cup the roster has become much weaker, Rask stinks, Seguin is average at best, and they are no longer the physical team playing to win every game. The Canadians have run away with the division since the 2nd week and the Leafs and Sabres have  been beating them with ease. Hamilton looks like a keeper, they should be sellers and build around him. They will continue to fade out of the playoff race so they should end up with a decent draft pick. Iginla knew the Bruins were not a contender that's why he chose to go to the penguins. 

Not trying to be negative here folks, just realistic. Anyone who thinks this team looks good and a contender to win the cup, please explain how.. 

Is this a joke?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm not really sure why you have chosen to post this, Hanrahan.  My post was in response to the OP, not you.

Maybe you're just upset because Dunlop knows your wife's a d*ke?  He knows!  He knows!

Son of a bitch! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

In response to kjfitone's comment:

Is this a joke?

This is what you get when a football fan comments on hockey, abyssmal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Welcome football fan. Here's the funny thing about hockey:  They play more than 16 games.  There are ups and downs during the season.

Game over.  Nobody else needs to post in this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Says here they are the 4th seed thsts a playoff team to me as of 3/31

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Shabs get into 1st for awhile and the trolls return, just more to add too the ignore list.

But it's 3 points with 15 or so games left. That's INSURMOUNTABLE!!

As a Habs fan, I'd love to think the Bruins weren't a threat to win the division or make a long playoff run. But I'm more apt to believe some fans are jumping the gun a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

As a Habs fan, I'd love to think the Bruins weren't a threat to win the division or make a long playoff run. But I'm more apt to believe some fans are jumping the gun a bit.

Bruins fans always see a team that's 2 wins from a Cup run and 2 losses from blowing up the roster. They're never as good or as bad as some would like to have us believe. Knee-jerk fans rule!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You should be more apt to believe that those jumping the gun aren't fans.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Bruins fans always see a team that's 2 wins from a Cup run and 2 losses from blowing up the roster. They're never as good or as bad as some would like to have us believe. Knee-jerk fans rule!

I agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

All is it takes is a few Bruins losses or a TT thread and all the football, baseball, politics and religion experts to take over. I hope the B's start winning again and that should take care of the problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

2011 Cup year - 103 points.

2012 non cup year - 102 points

This year - Battling for first in the Division

Explain "wildly inconsistent"??

Perhaps it translates to them presently not being 33-0, hang, instead of winning 21 of those 33 games. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed, 50. So annoying to have these boards clogged up with such losers. I will never understand the mentality of trolls....whatever.

Go Bruins!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Brilliant take, jm. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The return of Kelly + McQuaid + an addition before the trade deadline and the B's will be in business....