bruins are the better team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: bruins are the better team

In Response to bruins are the better team:
    [QUOTE]anyone who watched the past 2 pens bruins games must admit the bruins are the better of the 2 teams..sure 87 wasnt there but 18 and 17 were out both games (1 in each) and also we were missing 2 reg dmen 45-21 today as well as playing 5 d for most of the game after kamper injury..  great effort by the bs with any luck wouldve won that 1 ryder hit 2 posts in the 3rd alone and the bs kept coming and just ran out of time but, im liking what im seeing from our boys just gotta get 21-45-17 back and we will be a force
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    Hate to say but I had to miss the game due to work but I agree with your post.They have shown they can compete with and beat the top teams in the East and a healthy lineup should only make them stronger.As long as the effort is there,the good results will come more often than not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Well said Bs8 agree. They have been playing with alot more heart lately. I just hate when someone breathes air into this team like Kampfer has been that they are destined to get some stupid injury.

Hope he is just getting stitched up and its nothing serious. The youthful(re: inexperienced) D is a bit worrisome though. McQ, Boychuck, Bartkowski, Kampfer 3 rooks 1 sophm. Stuart is welcomed return for sure. So is Lucic if those 2 can bring their physical games back it will help theB's alot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

It was nice to see that the Bruins never gave up when they were behind. Ryder looked good today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When this team is healthy and working hard, they can compete with any team!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Absolutely.  The Bruins were flat out better today.  Moving their feet, creating tons of chances.  Just unlucky and a tip of the cap to Fleury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you subtract Crosby, I think the teams are about even.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Better regular season team? Perhaps...

Better team? No freaking way.

The Pens have a core group who have been to 2 finals and won 1 of them, The Bruins havent won in the second round in nearly 2 decades

Pittsburgh would smoke Boston if they played each other in the playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Re: bruins are the better team:
    [QUOTE]Better regular season team? Perhaps... Better team? No freaking way. The Pens have a core group who have been to 2 finals and won 1 of them, The Bruins havent won in the second round in nearly 2 decades Pittsburgh would smoke Boston if they played each other in the playoffs
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Right. Just like they smoked Montreal last year. Oh wait, I forgot, Montreal knocked them out last year. Don't count on it, Skippy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think 40 years has a point. And that's one thing that the B's have to learn. The team seems to play the regular season as if it's life or death. It's not. Let's look at the factors
    1. Team plays better on the road. So if you finish high in the standings, you play more at home. Is that to the B's advantage?
    2. The team has to prepare itself for the playoffs. Time management is important with the defensemen in general. I think for the most part, Julien hasn't overplayed guys, which is good.
    3. The Power Play stinks, but the team has half a season to fix it for the playoffs.
    4. Right now, Rask loses and Thomas wins. Keep playing them both, make sure Thomas isn't overtaxed by playoff time.
    5. The team still can acquire a player near the end of the season that could make a difference. It might mean eliminating a forward like Ryder (and it could be Savard), it could be anyone. I remember when the B's traded Juneau and got Iafrate. It was not a great longterm move, but it wasn't a bad short-term move because Iafrate supplied a PP slap shot that the team needed. Don't underestimate the ability of Chiarelli to acquire a player that the team needs.
    ....Anyway, all the fans that are young here seem to not understand why a lot of us are skeptical of the B's. The history makes us skeptical. Not the current performance. I do think this team has resiliency and comeback ability, and that's why it's a Cup contender. But until they get past the 2nd round, they are not a top 8 team in this league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the comparisons above (at least mine) was meant to be entirely about yesterday's game.  I thought the Bruins were the better team yesterday throughout the game, despite losing.  I was giving no consideration to which team is better overall. 

Clearly the Penguins are loaded and look to be a better playoff squad than the Bruins, all things considered.

Not yesterday though.  And not the last time that Crosby played against them either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Better team ???? OF COURSE they have a better team ...its a dynasty ....BRUINS will win 3 Stanley Cups in a row ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

sure the best player in the world wasn't there but......LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]sure the best player in the world wasn't there but......LOL
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Riiiight...but when the best player in the world was there last time they played, the Bruins scored 5 3rd period goals and mopped up the Pens...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I think 40 years has a point. And that's one thing that the B's have to learn. The team seems to play the regular season as if it's life or death. It's not. Let's look at the factors 1. Team plays better on the road. So if you finish high in the standings, you play more at home. Is that to the B's advantage? 2. The team has to prepare itself for the playoffs. Time management is important with the defensemen in general. I think for the most part, Julien hasn't overplayed guys, which is good. 3. The Power Play stinks, but the team has half a season to fix it for the playoffs. 4. Right now, Rask loses and Thomas wins. Keep playing them both, make sure Thomas isn't overtaxed by playoff time. 5. The team still can acquire a player near the end of the season that could make a difference. It might mean eliminating a forward like Ryder (and it could be Savard), it could be anyone. I remember when the B's traded Juneau and got Iafrate. It was not a great longterm move, but it wasn't a bad short-term move because Iafrate supplied a PP slap shot that the team needed. Don't underestimate the ability of Chiarelli to acquire a player that the team needs. ....Anyway, all the fans that are young here seem to not understand why a lot of us are skeptical of the B's. The history makes us skeptical. Not the current performance. I do think this team has resiliency and comeback ability, and that's why it's a Cup contender. But until they get past the 2nd round, they are not a top 8 team in this league.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

two things wrong with this danny. you should never say 40 yrs has a point. he's just rmiller reinvented  (troll). and secondly, getting past the second round makes them a top 4 team, not top 8.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

We are not a better team especially if Pittsburg gets crosby back. IF we get a proper PP QB , i'd say we be close to even (with Penguins still having a slight edge).

They have won the cup already , have the core intact vs we haven't gone past the 2nd round