Bruins @ Cats 3/9 GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bruins @ Cats 3/9 GDT

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That was a fun game.  The place was packed with B's fans.  The Panthers held on for as long as they could, but in the end they just didn't have enough in the tank.

Luongo looked really good.  I'm pretty excited to have him here.

I looked for Fletcher on three different occasions.  Couldn't find him.  Boo to that.

No Wonder- he doesn't care seg got traded or bruins win cup not a die-hard fan. You can't be a fan of more then one team . I have friends that follow more then one team and its a whole different conversation then mybruin fan friends.  

Please.  You actively root for former Bruins so that, if they do well, you can moan about how poorly managed the Bruins are.  You complain about the lack of individual statistics when the entire team game the Bruins play is based on guys being unselfish.  You are the last person who should be suggesting someone else is not a fan.

Book say as u please but born and bred bruin fan don't mistake that. A fan can say it the way he sees it. I take obiection to what yiu said only because I'm not on the same boat with loui. And this stat stuff is your interpretation ( widespread). My only team is the bruins and in all sports .I noticed its a trend here somewhat that if u don't agree ur not a fan. Used to be like that but its a business  and for fans too

Btw. Surprised that a smart guy like u thinks I need to root for ex bruins so I can moan wtv. U should figure out that those players are not in ur opinion but in mine and probably most of the rest of the hockey world..they were a great part of the future and years of dismal records are the only way to usually get them.

Idc what they do elsewhere its What they would have done for boston for years to come and from my view you're a bruin fan but maybe I'm much more emotional the you are. In essence we differ greatly in what we feel it takes to be a winner and more so a "dynasty"

I never said you weren't a Bruins fan, but I do find it funny that you feel you can tell people how to be a fan.  You can object all you want, but the reason there's a widespread interpretation that you're a hockey pool fan more than a Bruins fan is the way you behave on here.  You can say you dislike Eriksson for the same reason as Wensink - who is consistent in what he does and does not like about players, and didn't like Seguin any more than Eriksson - but you've been ripping him since the trade.  In particular, you've been comparing his scoring totals to Seguin's and sparring with everyone on here who tries to point out that there's more to that deal than a one for one swap.  The Bruins are a more successful team this year than they were last year, and Eriksson, Smith and Iginla in for Seguin (two obtained for him, one because they had the cap space after dealing Seguin) is a huge part of that.  Instead of celebrating that, you focus on what you think they should have done, and that makes it sound like you're a fan of marco not the Bruins.

You want to talk about "real" fans - "real" fans, in my experience, tend to look on the upside even of the things they don't like.  I hated the Kaberle deal but it was part of the Cup run, so who cares what Colborne or Rickard Rakell do ... ever?  I was so stoked about Thornton, then so disappointed by what he did.  He would show flashes, like a rush in his rookie year with Samsonov where he pushed the puck forward to get the D to move his stick, then swung it back and dropped a feathery pass right on Samsonov's stick off the back foot for a perfect one-timer setup.  But I pulled for the kid and got excited for a year or two when he seemed to be figuring it out.  Then the trade - didn't get enough, but I saw the potential for addition by subtraction in getting rid of a player who was increasingly disgruntled, who was only making their draft situation worse, and whose cap hit was replaced by the best D and best C on the market that spring.  Sure, it would have been nice if they'd drafted Ty Wishart with SJ's first rounder or maybe they'd have been smart and drafted Giroux at #16 to reunite him with Krejci - but you can always say they should have done more.  I was hugely disappointed with Seguin going backward last year - but I thought it would have been a terrible idea to trade him even for a shot at Drouin.  He has huge talent.  He still has a lot of growing up to do to be reliable.  Now that he's gone, I can see how it helps the Bruins.

You complain that "people" here say you're not a real fan if you don't agree with every move.  I think you've missed the point - it's hard to see you as a fan when you seem incapable of seeing the upside even in moves you don't like - but from a dictionary point of view, fan is short for fanatic, and when was the last time you heard a fanatic say (for example) "yeah, they should have dropped X book of the Bible and kept the Gospel According to Bert, called "The Smelly"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Book, that Thornton to Samsonov goal, are you talking about the one against the Rangers that was the winning goal? I think it was a Monday afternoon holiday game if it was the same one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

That was a fun game.  The place was packed with B's fans.  The Panthers held on for as long as they could, but in the end they just didn't have enough in the tank.

I looked for Fletcher on three different occasions.  Couldn't find him.  Boo to that.

No Wonder- he doesn't care seg got traded or bruins win cup not a die-hard fan. You can't be a fan of more then one team . I have friends that follow more then one team and its a whole different conversation then mybruin fan friends.  

Please.  You actively root for former Bruins so that, if they do well, you can moan about how poorly managed the Bruins are.  You complain about the lack of individual statistics when the entire team game the Bruins play is based on guys being unselfish.  You are the last person who should be suggesting someone else is not a fan.

Book say as u please but born and bred bruin fan don't mistake that. A fan can say it the way he sees it. I take obiection to what yiu said only because I'm not on the same boat with loui. And this stat stuff is your interpretation ( widespread). My only team is the bruins and in all sports .I noticed its a trend here somewhat that if u don't agree ur not a fan. Used to be like that but its a business  and for fans too

Btw. Surprised that a smart guy like u thinks I need to root for ex bruins so I can moan wtv. U should figure out that those players are not in ur opinion but in mine and probably most of the rest of the hockey world..they were a great part of the future and years of dismal records are the only way to usually get them.

Idc what they do elsewhere its What they would have done for boston for years to come and from my view you're a bruin fan but maybe I'm much more emotional the you are. In essence we differ greatly in what we feel it takes to be a winner and more so a "dynasty"

I never said you weren't a Bruins fan, but I do find it funny that you feel you can tell people how to be a fan.  You can object all you want, but the reason there's a widespread interpretation that you're a hockey pool fan more than a Bruins fan is the way you behave on here.  You can say you dislike Eriksson for the same reason as Wensink - who is consistent in what he does and does not like about players, and didn't like Seguin any more than Eriksson - but you've been ripping him since the trade.  In particular, you've been comparing his scoring totals to Seguin's and sparring with everyone on here who tries to point out that there's more to that deal than a one for one swap.  The Bruins are a more successful team this year than they were last year, and Eriksson, Smith and Iginla in for Seguin (two obtained for him, one because they had the cap space after dealing Seguin) is a huge part of that.  Instead of celebrating that, you focus on what you think they should have done, and that makes it sound like you're a fan of marco not the Bruins.

You want to talk about "real" fans - "real" fans, in my experience, tend to look on the upside even of the things they don't like.  I hated the Kaberle deal but it was part of the Cup run, so who cares what Colborne or Rickard Rakell do ... ever?  I was so stoked about Thornton, then so disappointed by what he did.  He would show flashes, like a rush in his rookie year with Samsonov where he pushed the puck forward to get the D to move his stick, then swung it back and dropped a feathery pass right on Samsonov's stick off the back foot for a perfect one-timer setup.  But I pulled for the kid and got excited for a year or two when he seemed to be figuring it out.  Then the trade - didn't get enough, but I saw the potential for addition by subtraction in getting rid of a player who was increasingly disgruntled, who was only making their draft situation worse, and whose cap hit was replaced by the best D and best C on the market that spring.  Sure, it would have been nice if they'd drafted Ty Wishart with SJ's first rounder or maybe they'd have been smart and drafted Giroux at #16 to reunite him with Krejci - but you can always say they should have done more.  I was hugely disappointed with Seguin going backward last year - but I thought it would have been a terrible idea to trade him even for a shot at Drouin.  He has huge talent.  He still has a lot of growing up to do to be reliable.  Now that he's gone, I can see how it helps the Bruins.

You complain that "people" here say you're not a real fan if you don't agree with every move.  I think you've missed the point - it's hard to see you as a fan when you seem incapable of seeing the upside even in moves you don't like - but from a dictionary point of view, fan is short for fanatic, and when was the last time you heard a fanatic say (for example) "yeah, they should have dropped X book of the Bible and kept the Gospel According to Bert, called "The Smelly"?

Like the last line. If I hear you correctly is that even if I hate and I do hate seg trade .. that I have to look for a positive. Book u said u hate kessel - well I don't like loui.and I don't  have to wait till a player gets traded to manifest hatred or wtv towards him. 

You think that whoever we got for him I would of hated... I already said that if we had gotten a hall you woukd not have heard me complain but loui he's too jello and he's 28. You obviously see something in him

That I surely don't.  I fully realize the bruins record this year.. I am not surprised at all. Im always thinking playoffs and if we get out of the east who knows wouldn't want to play Chicago again though. I also mentioned since the start how much I like soderberg. I'm hoping for big things from him in the playoffs. 

Anyhow what I was saying is I can't love 2 teams equally or even close ... for me it has to be one.. I only love one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

but loui he's too jello and he's 28. 

[/QUOTE]

What's this supposed to mean ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

SanDog.

Note.

BadHab don't play that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Like the last line. If I hear you correctly is that even if I hate and I do hate seg trade .. that I have to look for a positive. Book u said u hate kessel - well I don't like loui.and I don't  have to wait till a player gets traded to manifest hatred or wtv towards him. 

You think that whoever we got for him I would of hated... I already said that if we had gotten a hall you woukd not have heard me complain but loui he's too jello and he's 28. You obviously see something in him

That I surely don't.  I fully realize the bruins record this year.. I am not surprised at all. Im always thinking playoffs and if we get out of the east who knows wouldn't want to play Chicago again though. I also mentioned since the start how much I like soderberg. I'm hoping for big things from him in the playoffs. 

Anyhow what I was saying is I can't love 2 teams equally or even close ... for me it has to be one.. I only love one.

I'm not saying you have to do anything, marco; I'm saying that I (and apparently many others) find it odd when someone who says he's a die-hard fan seems more attached to players the team traded away than the guys they got back.  Logo on the front, not the name on the back.  And that does make me think of the other pattern in the players you like: Kessel, Seguin, Hall - all great one on one players more than great team players.  Soderberg - good one on one skills, but from what I've seen so far, also a pretty solid team guy.

And saying you'd have been supportive of trading Seguin for Hall is hardly flying in the face of my point.  How about Crosby?  Giroux?  Malkin?  Ovechkin?  Getzlaf?  Tavares?  Toews? Of course.  But for something less flashy and more functional that will make the team incrementally better in a number of positions?  Never!  It's funny you choose Hall, though - same age (plus a few months), roughly the same number of points, great one-on-one player who is a disaster defensively...which Seguin was not when he was in Boston.

Last point.  This didn't start with you saying "I can't root for more than one team."  It started with you saying NAS didn't mind the Seguin deal because he isn't really a fan because he happens to go to NHL games in the city he now lives in.  I have no problem with "I can't root for more than one team...", but, for all the reasons I've outlined, I do find it rich for you to tell others how to be a fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Book, that Thornton to Samsonov goal, are you talking about the one against the Rangers that was the winning goal? I think it was a Monday afternoon holiday game if it was the same one.

I don't remember if it was the Rangers, but I do recall it was a Monday afternoon holiday game, so you're probably right.  Nicest play he made all that year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Question asked again for understanding reasons.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

SanDog.

Note.

BadHab don't play that.

It takes a bit wean off but in the end it's more fun. You don't have to defend the Kessel, Seguin and Horton moves anymore. Tries to say he isn't a troll and then starts a thread, with Jacobs in the title, about two girls that got hurt at a Bruins game.

IT tries to turn every thread into a Horton, Seguin and Kessel thread. Or tries to sneak in how the Shabs draft better than Chiarelli while bashing Eriksson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Oh marco...............

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Oh marco...............

Like vanilla as wensink said who he was very glad they acquired

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Where were ya!?  I was 10 rows right smack behind Luongo (1st and 3rd), Section 111, row 10.

Despite the heckling, Luongo actually played really well.  Tons of Bruins fans.  Crazy.  Same thing in Tampa really.  The bars, the restaurants, the hotels, the arena -- all packed with Bruins fans.

That's a crazy setup in Sunrise.  You're a stones throw out of the swamp.  Goofy parking situation and everyone seems to drive to the game.  Ended up parking at the Super Target, which was free, but a long trek.

Awesome trip.

• Sections
    Shortcuts